Page 261 of 343 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 6857

Thread: [Official] Bitching About Prices, Buyouts and Reprints Thread

Re: [Official] Bitching About Prices and Reprints Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    So Dig Through Time was banned, and CoCo is just sitting at ~8 but maintaining its value... but I warned you guys about those Khans fetchlands.

As obvious as it seemed, people still didn't buy up every one they could find when they were $10-15 (when I posted this message).

From here on out, welcome to $25+ land, and probably $35+ land for the blue ones pretty soon.
    I want to preface this post by saying that you are probably correct about the price trajectory of (Khans) fetchlands. Price memory has far too strong an influence on Magic cards.

That said, they really shouldn't be able to maintain this price after rotation. The amount of demand they are seeing in Standard likely eclipses any sort of demand made by Modern/Legacy/Vintage/EDH...maybe even combined. Standard's just that big and the "conversion rate" from it to other formats isn't that high.

But, yeah, price memory makes the Magic economy seriously dumb, so woo hoo $35 fetches!

Nov 2014
    Italy

It's not that silly, fetches are mandatory for eternal formats. People who claim they shouldn't rise in price really underestimate the "eternal population"
    I would also gather every single card for burn that won't see reprints for a while, it's literally gold.

Yes, I have a phone and I'm not afraid to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    Brainstorm is easy to play

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    So Dig Through Time was banned, and CoCo is just sitting at ~8 but maintaining its value... but I warned you guys about those Khans fetchlands.

As obvious as it seemed, people still didn't buy up every one they could find when they were $10-15 (when I posted this message).

From here on out, welcome to $25+ land, and probably $35+ land for the blue ones pretty soon.
    You can still get Origins Clash Packs for around $25 online, with a Windswept Heath, CoCo, and a Dromoka's Command, not to mention the other ~$1 foil goodies (Siege Rhino, Seeker, Valorous Charge).

Thanks for reminding me to finish my playsets.

BTW, CoCo is staying flat right now because of the Clash Pack, and it's keeping the price of Heath pretty low too. It won't last forever though.

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

What is CoCo..?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    What is CoCo..?
    Collected Company.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    What is CoCo..?
    CoCo
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Has anyone seen the prices on King Suleiman or Disharmony recently? Insanity. I was going to get some for Old School, but forget it, now.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Phreshdawg View Post
    Has anyone seen the prices on King Suleiman or Disharmony recently? Insanity. I was going to get some for Old School, but forget it, now.
    Yeah, almost all Legends cards are spiking slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Yeah, almost all Legends cards are spiking slowly.
    Such a trap for these cards. Playable stuff like Serendib and Juzam I understand, but borderline sideboard tech? Please...
    Typical MTG finance fleecing. Oh well, what can you do.

After years of sitting at around $9, the FTV Foil Trinispheres are suddenly $30 everywhere I look. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronOlive View Post
    At first I was excited about Mizzix's Mastery. Then I realized in a Storm deck (the most logical home for Mizzix's Mastery), it's basically a worse version of Past in Flames. Maybe it could find a role copying a single expensive spell, but I'm not sure what that would be in Legacy. Plus four-mana sorceries don't hold up well in a format with Daze and Spell Pierce. Maybe it will be broken in Commander, but this probably won't be enough to save its price. I'm expecting it to end up around $1.
    I'm on the other side on the fence, and I expect it to be closer to $10 (from $3) once it starts putting up results in legacy and vintage.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinSettler View Post
    Jesus H Cardsheet died for your NFC sins.

What happened to ATQ Triskelion? Did someone buy it out?

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Old School.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Oldschool (mainly from overseas) and quietspeculation.com minions doing buy-outs. They buy the card out and then put on TCGplayer overpriced. It fucking sucks. Perfect example is Land's Edge going from a 7 dollar card to 60 overnight-that is specifically a buyout.
    Tusk Up

Stronghold and 7th edition Ensnaring Bridge just got bought out as well on tcg.
    Cockatrice: Bosque

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Old School.
    Nah, its a buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    Oldschool (mainly from overseas) and quietspeculation.com minions doing buy-outs. They buy the card out and then put on TCGplayer overpriced. It fucking sucks. Perfect example is Land's Edge going from a 7 dollar card to 60 overnight-that is specifically a buyout.
    What a bunch of assholes. I've got the one I need, that's how I discovered the price jump, but having to pay multiple times the price now would make me want to break stuff. The worst part is that they never seem to go all the way down again due to price memory.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaican Zombie Legend View Post
    But, yeah, price memory makes the Magic economy seriously dumb, so woo hoo $35 fetches!
    Not really. It's just natural. "I paid X and it takes no room to store this. Why should I sell it for X/3 when I could just wait?"
    I'm sure you practice mentality naturally on your own cards. When they get high enough that you can realize profit that outweighs your use for the card, you sell it.

The economics are real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Aug 2010
    Cloggyland

Is buyout and/or Old School Magic also the reason the price of an AN Serendib Efreet has gone through the roof?
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Which is fine right now, because unless you live in the Netherlands, storm combo isn't a particularly big part of the metagame.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie View Post
    Is buyout and/or Old School Magic also the reason the price of an AN Serendib Efreet has gone through the roof?
    OldSchool, FBB efreets price is also increasing.

Thread Information