Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UGw Tempo Thresh Takes Lansing, MI

Ur tears of nerdrage taste so sweet to me.
    Feb 2008
    Do not care.

Re: UGw Tempo Thresh Takes Lansing, MI

Quote Originally Posted by mossivo1986 View Post

EE in the side was to hunt down decks that run mother of runes, as well as having an additional sideboard card against dredge.
    Finally some1 came to realize the danger that is UWT (which other deck runs mom? oh wait DnT).
    Pi4meterftw was right all the time! His deck is crushing the meta balls of this format we have to be prepared!!!!!!11!!
    not.

Anyways I really like the EE in the side but dislike to have just 1 of it.
    How good were Needle for you? I remember it to be a card that was good in multiples but sucked so hard all alone and therefore 2 Needles is a bit low for my taste. I think it's either 3 or 0. Also if you cut needles you can add some more EE which is the better call.
    Also I don't like relic at all currently. The activation cost mattered in some games against reanimator and I think you really should give reanimator kuddos for being a good deck atm and prepare properly for gy based strategies. Crypt does it's job against dredge and reanimator, so why not playing those?
    Team Legal Actions.

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

I think the 1-of EE is fine, it can maybe go up to two.

The thing is, EE becomes incredibly symmetric in this deck and it's not something that you want. At 3, you lose KotR, VClique, and RWM. At 2, you lose Pridemage and Goyf. I know at 1 it seems that you're not losing a lot when you nuke your Hierarchs, but they are fairly important in this deck, allowing you access to a t2 bomb creature on the play, the ability to play Daze on the draw, and fixing mana for dudes. Also gains value because you're playing 4 Wastelands and do need mana.

I played this deck last week at a local, I went 3-0-1 beating Zoo, WW, and a homebrew Bitterblossom/Standstill control deck. The deck plays very well, and has an incredibly threat density. So far, B/R Goblins has been a pain to playagainst (as I imagine most Tribal is, played against Elf Survival and it's pretty swingy) but otherwise it's been great in testing.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007
    Michigan, specificly Lansing

Tribal matchups are pretty bland for the most part.

Goblins you side in your 4 blasts 2 needle 2 path
    zoo 4 blast 2 path 1 ee
    merfolk 2 path 1 ee

Quote Originally Posted by deadlock View Post
    -Tribal matchup - Elves:
    This sound a little bit strange, but i actually had difficulties beating them. While he couldnt attack me for quite some time because of tarmos and other creatures, he still was able to get an insane amount of creatures on the board. Especially Perfect and that little insect, which can return elves to his hand gave me trouble (forcing me to waste a STP on this guy).
    I had only one EE in the board during that match and i upped to count to three afterwards - any other ideas what to bring in against them?
    Beeing able to punch through the line of creatures is key i figured, so i value Terravore (which i run) quite high in this matchup.
    This doesn't sound strange at all, Elves (especially the aggro version, not the combo version) preys on exactly this kind of deck. You need to splash red if you want to improve this type of matchup, really.

Team Bad Guys
    Sep 2007
    Michigan, specificly Lansing

While I agree that aggro elves is a tough matchup, its not at all impossible to win. Also note, aggro elves always seems to be just a tier away from being worth playing.

Thread Information