Thread: Europe/Vienna Austria: Magic Team/Testing

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

Europe/Vienna Austria: Magic Team/Testing

I'm looking to particpate with a team preferably in Vienna for in person playtesting but I am interested in exchanging ideas and playtesting over MWS with people who are close to CEST in timezone.

I am interested in some deck development, but mostly I need to stay in practice with more established decks.

While I am interesting in only Legacy, that doesn't mean that others can't test other formats with each other.

I would ask those with interest to post in the thread, but feel free to PM if you like.

Re: Europe/Vienna Austria: Magic Team/Testing

I'm living about 40 minutes from Vienna...real person playtesting is a little hard at the moment, cause I'm working on my master thesis, but I'm always up for MWS games.

Do you participate in any Legacy tournaments in Vienna?

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

Yes, I sometimes go to the Sunday monthly one at Spielraum and will try to attend tomorrow since it is right down the street. On the other Sunday's there is one at Magic Corner or so I am told.

I'll PM you once I check out my schedule and we can do some MWS testing.

Metal Pirate

Jan 2009
    Ye Good Olde Europ'!

I always play Legacy tournaments in the 'Magic Corner' on sunday.
    It is held every sunday, except the sunday there is an Legacy event in the Spielraum or Pre-/Release weekends.
    We always welcome players for sunday Legacy in the Corner. Just check their homepage for tournament dates and show up

Could you lose some words on the meta in the corner? So far I've only been playing drafts/pre-releases there.

Metal Pirate

Jan 2009
    Ye Good Olde Europ'!

erm... Corner-meta... is non existant.
    Dependend on who shows up, we have Dragon-/Demon-/Elephant-Stompy, GoyfSligh/Zoo, Staxx, Enchantress, Merfolk, WhiteWeenie, B/W Pox, Stupid Burn, MUC, random Standard/Extended decks, ANT, Dredge, Solidarity, Goblins and others.

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

Hey, so I met one of you guys. Radiant I tink over at magic corner. It was very fun even though there was no tournament and it was funny to have dreadnoughts beaten down by Bonesplitting Boros!

Metal Pirate

Jan 2009
    Ye Good Olde Europ'!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzykat View Post
    Hey, so I met one of you guys. Radiant I tink over at magic corner. It was very fun even though there was no tournament and it was funny to have dreadnoughts beaten down by Bonesplitting Boros!

Yep. I'm glad you had as much fun as I had, although I tuned the deck a bit after you left. It played more smoothly then, but nevertheless it's still a tier3000 pile, just like the real Austrian Army

hope that more people show up next week, some of them are in Rome for some tournament(s), don't know which though.

Do the legacy tournaments at the corner take place every week or this there some degree of danger that I show up and then just find out it was cancelled? Cause I haven't got an awful lot of time ATM and I'm not living directly in Vienna, but I really do want to show up at least once.

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

Yesterday was the first time I went to play. The shopkeeper said that some of the usual crowd was away in Rome. There was 3-4 of us there and we did a bunch of playtesting anyway. I got home early so it was nice.

They supposently play every Sunday except for 1 each month where spiel raum has a tournament.

@Radiant: The deck is very cool, I think you will kill control decks pretty well with it.

Pumping this to make sure Jazzykat reads his PMs.

How many players did attend the GPT Madrid in Corner ?

Metal Pirate

Jan 2009
    Ye Good Olde Europ'!

Yeah, I anticipated more people too.

Still can't stomach the fact that the guy who won it, really won it...

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

A 9 person tournament competed for byes at GP Madrid?! Is there a attendance minimum requirement for byes awarded at GPTs?

Radiant, why, what was with the winner that you couldn't stomach?
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Merkwürdigeliebe
    Aug 2006
    Vienna, AT

I was surprised at the turnout myself. Strangely spielraum had a tournament on the same day as the gpt. The fellow who won the Whole shebang beat me twice which probably serves me right for not playing for a month. I made a mistake that gave him a game 1 in our first match and given that he is prone to very long turns he probably would have drawn due to not finishing a third game.

It was nice to see Phillip and Radiant. As I look at the upcomingtournament calendars there only appears to be Wednesday tournaments at spielraum for the near future. Does anyone know of anything else?

Yeah, it was nice to meet you too, I just wasn't very talkative because I nearly missed 2 nights of sleep. As it was my first constructed tournament, I'm happy with the outcome, even more as I faced MUs I wasn't so happy about.

As for the schedule, I think they talked a bit at the end, that maybe the next Legacy is maybe going to be 1 or 2 weeks before Madrid, and maybe afterwards that it could be the best to schedule Legacy every 2 weeks or something.

I think, if the metagame is something like this, I may bring ANT, but that means a lot of practising.

Thread Information