Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M2011

Re: M2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tychoides View Post
    Considering the new block is based around land, I doubt there will be any good mass land destruction. I remember way, way back in the day playing a B/G/R LD deck with Sinkhole, Ice Storm, and Stone Rain. Good times. Still have those Sinkholes and Ice Storms too. :D
    thats why they should have it. as a balance. shatterstorm was reprinted in mirrodin. why cant this block have ravages of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Blackburn View Post
    thats why they should have it. as a balance. shatterstorm was reprinted in mirrodin. why cant this block have ravages of war.
    Erm, no it wasn't. Mirrodin only had Granulate, which was so terrible that it wasn't even board-worthy against Affinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Being a 1C 2/1 with an ability isn't enough to make a card good by default. Elvish Archer is to First Striking as Dark Confidant is to card draw, and Nezumi Graverobber is to robbing graves as Tarmogoyf is to being much much better than a 2/1, but what the fuck does that even mean?

well fuck. I guess not.

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

They wouldn't reprint hate cards that strong anyways.

Artifacts (sans mana-producing) aren't considered to be a crucial, one-allowed-a-turn permanent that Lands are. If you argue that printing Armageddon/Ravages of War to fight Lands is on the same par as Shatterstorm, in that same set or not, to fight Artifacts, you're comparing apples and oranges.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

The whole argument for having less LD in recent sets is similar to Counterspell. No matter how powerful spells are, it sucks if you can't play those spells.

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    I can only dream. But if Ponder is the heir of Brainstorm, we could hardly call that power creep. Maybe they could reprint Force of Will. It isn't on the reserve list. If they did, I'd love it if they kept it an UC.
    I guess it's not exactly direct powercreep, but in formats like legacy and vintage, we gain access to basically 8x "Brainstorm" while standard keeps the usual 4x "Brainstorm". I think that we can assume that standard won't keep Ponder forever, and then they make a replacement for it, legacy and vintage go up to 12x, etc.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Malchar View Post
    I guess it's not exactly direct powercreep, but in formats like legacy and vintage, we gain access to basically 8x "Brainstorm" while standard keeps the usual 4x "Brainstorm". I think that we can assume that standard won't keep Ponder forever, and then they make a replacement for it, legacy and vintage go up to 12x, etc.
    I guess so. Mind you, there have been quite a few draw spells: Opt, Sleight of Hand, Portent, Peek, Serum Visions, etc. Not much room in decks for 12 x draw spells.

I'd also like to see Lord of Atlantis come back in M11. He's the only dude in Fish who isn't in new frames.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Thread Information