Thread: [Free Article] Focus on Legacy - Constructing Bant Survival

The Voice of Reason
    Nov 2004
    Chicago

[Free Article] Focus on Legacy - Constructing Bant Survival

Some of you may recognize me from my posts on here and other sites, or from the other handful of articles I've written for various websites (MTGSalvation, Magic Eternal, SCG). I've taken up the nasty habit again and have started writing once more, and will be a regular contributor on a website a lot of US players may not be familiar with, but one that many Europeans are. The website used to draw thousands of unique visitors a day when it was in Spanish only, and it now has a new format and will be English only to attract more visitors, and will be exclusively about Eternal (Legacy & Vintage) content.

Without further delay, here is my first article for Team-Pataners.com:
    Focus on Legacy - Constructing Bant Survival

This is the first in series of articles ('Focus on Legacy') where I'll look at relatively new or underexplored decks that not everybody might be familiar with, or perhaps looking at decks in need of more refinement. In this case Bant Survival is a relatively well defined deck that hasn't gotten enough attention globally, and a deck that I feel is very strong and worth throwing the spotlight on. As always, your constructive criticism is appreciated and I look forward to hearing what you thought I missed in the article, what you'd like explained more, and what you'd like to see in the next article. Thanks!

EDIT: The companion article Focus on Legacy - Playing Bant Survival is now up for your viewing!
    EDIT2: The last article Focus on Legacy - Alternative Sideboarding is also up now for your viewing!
    Last edited by JACO; 02-15-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Cabal Therapist
    Nov 2007
    Akron, OH

Re: [Free Article] Focus on Legacy - Constructing Bant Survival

Can we delete the Bant Survival primer and replace it with this?

I have a few nitpicks, but this is a great introduction to Legacy's newest heavy hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    How would Nitewolf have said this?... P_R went over the line. But it was about naming cats. Also, Anus Mittens is a good name for a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    "Casual sex, NO Touching/Licking/Sucking/Groping/Fondling/Riding/Tickling/Binding/Quitters/Italians. Play Fast, Be Polite, Have Fun."

Sure as hell sounds like fun.

Survivalist
    Sep 2007
    Netherlands

I think that could be possible its nice and interesting. PM Jak If he's willing to change that. Also some credits would be apreciated ;)

Great job nonetheless!

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

I would love to put this in the primer. I don't know about making it the primer only because I like having it able to be updated when things change. The primer probably needs an overhaul since I've only been updating little tidbits anyway.

Great article and I can't wait for the next one.

Aug 2008
    Germany

Good work and great article, also can't wait for the next one :-)

Thread Information