Page 217 of 228 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 4544

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by dmkay View Post
    How realistic is it to be able to cash out from MTGO? I'm thinking about buying in to play leagues, but how likely is it that I can essentially sell/cash out my collection when I no longer want to play? Anyone have any experience w/ that? Is it generally trade out all your cards for tickets (or whatever it is these days) and sell those on a marketplace?
    Pretty easy, you can usually export your collection to a text document and have whatever MTGO stores look at it and then accept the one that gives you the best offer.

As for tabernacle I don't think it's 100% needed, it's very nice to have though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Pretty easy, you can usually export your collection to a text document and have whatever MTGO stores look at it and then accept the one that gives you the best offer.

As for tabernacle I don't think it's 100% needed, it's very nice to have though.
    Tabernacle is in my board and pretty much only has a spot because it is a tabernacle.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

There's a ton of burn in my meta and I was thinking adding in either COP:red or maybe a warmth anything else I could consider?
    Maybe a basic swamp?

Current SB:
    2x thoughtsieze
    2x thalia
    2x golgari charm
    3x leyline of the void
    1x garruk r
    3x plow
    1x rec sage
    1x deluge

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Digitend89 View Post
    There's a ton of burn in my meta and I was thinking adding in either COP:red or maybe a warmth anything else I could consider?
    Maybe a basic swamp?

Current SB:
    2x thoughtsieze
    2x thalia
    2x golgari charm
    3x leyline of the void
    1x garruk r
    3x plow
    1x rec sage
    1x deluge
    A ton of burn? Zuran Orb, regrowth, kitchen finks, leyline of sanctity, blessed alliance, scavenging ooze, sanctimony, true believer.

Zuran Orb is prolly super good as it allows you to grow your knights and dodge Pop, Sylvan Safekeeper does the same without the lifegain.

Has anyone tested out Blessed Alliance against fair decks?

Gets TNN, more Knight activation's, and can come in and do some work against most combo decks... better than removal obvi.

Blessed Alliance actually seems really good. It is fighting with plow for space tho, and I don't think we can shave that.

We can try to replace some abrupt decays with it as both of the cards are removal with extra uses. I'm probably gonna try going down to 2 pfire and replacing the third with an Alliance. its worse against creatures like DRS and Mom but it hits all the creatures that make Pfire bad.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Does it really fight with plow?

Plow if for non blue aggro and eldrazi where chalice comes out. Alliance is great against blue aggro where fires handles most creatures and alliance can handle the angler/goyf/TNN that survives. All of the other value comes in random matchups like having more removal against Delver, life gain against burn, it is an instant speed out to a marit large to further help us, just a decent card all around.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    Does it really fight with plow?

Plow if for non blue aggro and eldrazi where chalice comes out. Alliance is great against blue aggro where fires handles most creatures and alliance can handle the angler/goyf/TNN that survives. All of the other value comes in random matchups like having more removal against Delver, life gain against burn, it is an instant speed out to a marit large to further help us, just a decent card all around.
    I've found myself bringing in Plow against a great number of decks that don't fit that description, though the most prevalent of them is definitely Grixis Delver. In this matchup in particular I want my removal as efficient as possible so as to fight through their permission and mana disruption. I guess I'll need to fiddle with it some more though, I haven't encountered many cases where the untap clause would have done anything exciting.
    I play Loams sometimes.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by juzamjimjams View Post
    I've found myself bringing in Plow against a great number of decks that don't fit that description, though the most prevalent of them is definitely Grixis Delver. In this matchup in particular I want my removal as efficient as possible so as to fight through their permission and mana disruption. I guess I'll need to fiddle with it some more though, I haven't encountered many cases where the untap clause would have done anything exciting.
    What happened as when you resolve a chalice? Or do you just not expect to?

What happened as when you resolve a chalice? Or do you just not expect to?
    Game two and three I either side Chalice out (on the draw) or only leave two in (on the play). They're scarily capable of functioning through a Chalice, though they're still forced to bring in their artifact hate games two and three.

In my experience Chalice is a 'must counter' in the early game, so it's not likely to resolve; yet in the late game it's not as impactful. Obviously you'll have games where you Chalice them and they had a hand of all cantrips and no action - but I prefer siding into efficient answers and relying on threats that outlcass theirs.

It's pretty dependant on configuration though, the heavier they go into three drops and delve threats, the less I like Chalice. Though by the same vein, the leaner their list gets, the more likely I am to value it in the matchup.
    I play Loams sometimes.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Game two and three I either side Chalice out (on the draw) or only leave two in (on the play). They're scarily capable of functioning through a Chalice, though they're still forced to bring in their artifact hate games two and three.

In my experience Chalice is a 'must counter' in the early game, so it's not likely to resolve; yet in the late game it's not as impactful. Obviously you'll have games where you Chalice them and they had a hand of all cantrips and no action - but I prefer siding into efficient answers and relying on threats that outlcass theirs.

It's pretty dependant on configuration though, the heavier they go into three drops and delve threats, the less I like Chalice. Though by the same vein, the leaner their list gets, the more likely I am to value it in the matchup.
    I haven't brought a chalice out at all. The "Typical" Delver deck runs something like 20+ 1 drops. Obviously different builds play more or less but shutting down the entire cantrip section of their deck really makes them suffer. They are so threat light that I understand bringing in plows, but I don't see why other 2cc removal wouldn't be better in this situation.

Hey guys just about to finish putting this deck together for my local Tuesday weekly. We allow some proxies so I'm able to try it out. I've wanted to Play this deck for sometime and was wondering if anyone has any good up to date videos or write ups that are must sees for playing this deck.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

I haven't brought a chalice out at all. The "Typical" Delver deck runs something like 20+ 1 drops. Obviously different builds play more or less but shutting down the entire cantrip section of their deck really makes them suffer. They are so threat light that I understand bringing in plows, but I don't see why other 2cc removal wouldn't be better in this situation.
    I think it really depends on the delver variant, I shave 1 if i'm on the play and 2 if i'm on the draw in the grixis delver matchup. I agree with juzam in that you just want the most efficient removal in that MU. Once your opponent sees blessed alliance isn't it very easy for them to play around?

I would 100% keep in 4 in the RUG Delver/UWr Delver matchups. Chalice completely shuts down RUG and UWr is so dependent on overloading with their 1 cmc removal spells. 0 against BUG Delver, BUG feels like it depends the least on delver and the matchups just plays delver for value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasar View Post
    Hey guys just about to finish putting this deck together for my local Tuesday weekly. We allow some proxies so I'm able to try it out. I've wanted to Play this deck for sometime and was wondering if anyone has any good up to date videos or write ups that are must sees for playing this deck.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    twitch.tv/mats_
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I think it really depends on the delver variant, I shave 1 if i'm on the play and 2 if i'm on the draw in the grixis delver matchup. I agree with juzam in that you just want the most efficient removal in that MU. Once your opponent sees blessed alliance isn't it very easy for them to play around?

I would 100% keep in 4 in the RUG Delver/UWr Delver matchups. Chalice completely shuts down RUG and UWr is so dependent on overloading with their 1 cmc removal spells. 0 against BUG Delver, BUG feels like it depends the least on delver and the matchups just plays delver for value.

twitch.tv/mats_
    Isn't an active Punishing Fire going to get rid of most of the delver creatures anyways? Between punishing fire, pit/ring, maze, blockers and judgement/lilliana/decay, what is there really to deal with? I like the Blessed Alliance as a way to kill the hard to kill threats that they have to finish games through removal... i.e. TNN.

There is no wrong side of the argument, I just don't think bringing in 1cc removal in a matchup where you want to resolve a Chalice ASAP is the best play.

Also: is anyone else super impressed with excavator?
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 08-08-2017 at 02:42 AM.

Isn't an active Punishing Fire going to get rid of most of the delver creatures anyways? Between punishing fire, pit/ring, maze, blockers and judgement/lilliana/decay, what is there really to deal with? I like the Blessed Alliance as a way to kill the hard to kill threats that they have to finish games through removal... i.e. TNN.

There is no wrong side of the argument, I just don't think bringing in 1cc removal in a matchup where you want to resolve a Chalice ASAP is the best play.

Also: is anyone else super impressed with excavator?
    I genuinely believe that if we didn't run Chalice we'd still be pretty favored against your average Delver deck, and therefore I don't think it is as key to the game plan as you seem to be making it sound (I may be misreading your tone).

That said; I think bringing in 1cmc removal is fine for this particular matchup because even if you have the Plows in hand when you resolve the Chalice, you're probably going to win regardless. Punishing Fire is definitely good here, but I don't deem it as 'efficient', which I believe is something of an important qualifier against Delver.

I can't fault you for advocating for Chalice in this matchup, there's definitely a reason all Delver players wince when it's cast against them - I just haven't been impressed by it against Grixis specifically. I definitely agree with CptHaddock that against RUG and UWr you keep it in.
    I play Loams sometimes.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I genuinely believe that if we didn't run Chalice we'd still be pretty favored against your average Delver deck, and therefore I don't think it is as key to the game plan as you seem to be making it sound (I may be misreading your tone).

That said; I think bringing in 1cmc removal is fine for this particular matchup because even if you have the Plows in hand when you resolve the Chalice, you're probably going to win regardless. Punishing Fire is definitely good here, but I don't deem it as 'efficient', which I believe is something of an important qualifier against Delver.

I can't fault you for advocating for Chalice in this matchup, there's definitely a reason all Delver players wince when it's cast against them - I just haven't been impressed by it against Grixis specifically. I definitely agree with CptHaddock that against RUG and UWr you keep it in.
    Yeah...which good cards are we going to cut to bring in other good cards is a problem I am okay with.... Have you played the Naya build recently?

Yeah...which good cards are we going to cut to bring in other good cards is a problem I am okay with.... Have you played the Naya build recently?
    I play Naya pretty much exclusively, and whilst I'm happy with it in the general sense I am not sure how I feel about it with the metagame slowing down into grindy TNN decks. I've recently put Choke back in the sideboard; which is a card that I was pretty cold on until now.
    I play Loams sometimes.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I play Naya pretty much exclusively, and whilst I'm happy with it in the general sense I am not sure how I feel about it with the metagame slowing down into grindy TNN decks. I've recently put Choke back in the sideboard; which is a card that I was pretty cold on until now.
    What about the grindy blue decks troubles you? I feel like wasteland+fires+loam+tabernacle out of the board goes miles against them. You are already playing main board Judgments to kill the TNN. You should give Ground Seal a try. It has been amazing for me against the blue decks I have played.

I don't have a large sample size against Czech Pile but it should be noted that Ground Seal lets you Punishing Fire with impunity as they cannot remove the Fires while the Seal is in place.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

What about the grindy blue decks troubles you? I feel like wasteland+fires+loam+tabernacle out of the board goes miles against them. You are already playing main board Judgments to kill the TNN. You should give Ground Seal a try. It has been amazing for me against the blue decks I have played.

I don't have a large sample size against Czech Pile but it should be noted that Ground Seal lets you Punishing Fire with impunity as they cannot remove the Fires while the Seal is in place.
    Isn't ground seal a little contrary to your plan of Loam + Anything?

Good day.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

We only run 2 loams, and I take them out post board against most decks that bring in heavy gravehate.

Isn't ground seal a little contrary to your plan of Loam + Anything?
    Weren't you advocating for pernicious deed a little while ago? This nombo is an order of magnitude less bad.

Ground Seal stops opposing grave hate, and hits many GY decks. You can also bring it in against GBx decks where Leyline is super wonky.

It doesn't interact enough with Dredge, Exhume, Br Reanimator, tarmogoyf, cabal therapy etc. It also depowers 4 of our cards (Loam, DRS, Scooze)

That being said, it is nice against DRS, snapcaster and surgical. And it cantrips. I'm just not sure it is worth the slot, or if we can afford to replace Leyline with it

Thread Information