Page 156 of 228 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4544

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Emptying the Warrens

Nov 2012

Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Have people played with Swans of Bryn Argoll + Seismic assault at all, or is that combo too fragile?
    Emptying the Warrens: So YOU don't have to!

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    I did not played the MU till now with this deck but the only way I see losing to it is when they're OTP and go T1 Mimic, T2 Seer, T3 Smasher and we have a slow start without Mox. If we're OTP and have a fast Mox opener with Decay, Lili & Knight for example we are definitely in the driver seat I think.
    But yes seems like you got crushed by they're perfect starts...

Sideboarding depends on your build but if your playing the Kronberger list I would board like this:

- 4 Chalice of the Void
    - 1 Gaddock Teeg

+ 2 Thoughtseize (We both board out Chalice for sure...)
    + 1 Toxic Deluge
    + 1 Reclamation Sage
    + 1 Maelstrom Pulse
    Eldrazi was one of my three losses in scg philly, Losing on T4 both games. There's not a whole lot you can do game 1 since the average 4c loam hand is not going to be equipped to handle eldrazi. The issue is that attacking their land base and dispatching their threats is not easily done in the same turn. Trying to one-for-one against the deck just feels insufficient. Your sideboarding suggestion was exactly what i did card for card, I can't say any of the cards showed up to help. Pocari mentioned devastating dreams in a previous post, which i also think attacks eldrazi in all the right places so long as TKS doesn't take it before you get to cast it.

I also played the Eldrazi match up this weekend. It didn't feel good and the board felt very insufficient.

While I haven't gotten much testing with Eldrazi I feel like the matchup is not as bad as some are saying. How do the beat a turn 2 KoTR or the natural DD TS combo? Punishing fire although weak in some cases can take out every one of their threats (with Grove recursion in same turn) except a Reality Smasher,large endless one, endbringer. From what I saw on camera this weekend they did not get the 1, 2,3 punch very often. Wasteland, Liliana, A.Decay, KoTR, Maze of Ith. All these seem pretty stellar vs them. While CoTV does very little against them G1, Garruk, thoughtseize, toxic deluge, pulse are great replacements. Maybe you can put in E.bridge if your scared OR maybe I have a false sense of security against them. Are you running the most recent 3rd place winning list from Memphis?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

I lost to it at SCG Philly, but I lost game 1 to a grevious error on my part, and game three to getting double Wastelanded and then hitting two Lilianas and two Punishing Fires off of Bob over four turns while I never drew a fourth land. He mulled to 6 and led Eye into Mimic, I had turn 1 Wasteland, Mox, Thoughtseize (taking Thought-Knot and leaving him with Endbringer, City of Traitors, Wasteland). He topdecked Thorn, I played Bob, then bricked and got Wastelanded and had my Diamomd Revokered as previously described. I took 13 damage from my own sources that game and died to 2/1 Eldrazi Mimic beats.

That's basically the story of ths matchup - if you play correctly, you're going to win most of your games, but sometimes you get got by variance, either their most explosive starts or our deck failing. I'm not blaming the deck fot my loss - game 3 probably wouldn't have happened had I not thrown game 1 - but it's easy for them to punish us if we stumble.

@btm - glad we are on the same page. I believe manipulato is also with us on this.

I wasn't able to go to Philly. How did you do?

Count me among those who think that eldrazi should not be an unfavorable MU. The deck is super vulnerable to Wasteland, none of their creatures evade (KOTR should always be equal or bigger size), and liliana is great against them.

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by nditiz1 View Post
    While I haven't gotten much testing with Eldrazi I feel like the matchup is not as bad as some are saying. How do the beat a turn 2 KoTR or the natural DD TS combo? Punishing fire although weak in some cases can take out every one of their threats (with Grove recursion in same turn) except a Reality Smasher,large endless one, endbringer. From what I saw on camera this weekend they did not get the 1, 2,3 punch very often. Wasteland, Liliana, A.Decay, KoTR, Maze of Ith. All these seem pretty stellar vs them. While CoTV does very little against them G1, Garruk, thoughtseize, toxic deluge, pulse are great replacements. Maybe you can put in E.bridge if your scared OR maybe I have a false sense of security against them. Are you running the most recent 3rd place winning list from Memphis?
    I failed to mention that I spent Sunday play testing against a friend who was on eldrazi and won about 50% of games pre board. Based on this and what I've been hearing, I wouldn't say the matchup is "Bad," but I wouldn't mind having better tools for fighting it in the early turns to push the win rate in my favor.

On another note, post board, I ended up wanting to keep teeg in to keep them off of All is Dust and chalices on 2+. They'll also be bringing in all of their warping wails, so liliana activations become a bit more awkward. I'll be testing again on Wednesday, if I learn anything interesting, I'll be sure to share

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    I mean, having seven lands on the battlefield is rarely a good thing and an overcosted basic Forest tutor is basically worthless.
    I'm probably just out of touch as I haven't played the 4c/Kronberger list at all. With the old Jund lists 7 lands wasn't that uncommon. The forest tutor is pretty pointless, but I was thinking of her more as a singleton GSZ target that could be searched up in the late game essentially as a draw engine/wincon, but at that point you're probably winning or locked out anyway.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by nditiz1 View Post
    @btm - glad we are on the same page. I believe manipulato is also with us on this.

I wasn't able to go to Philly. How did you do?
    I lost to Lands and Eldrazi, both in 3 games (rounds 1 and 3, we both mulled to 5 game 3 of my Lands match and his nonsense came together first), and beat D&T and ANT (2-0, 2-0) . One of my friends was also 2-2 and was pretty unhappy sbout flooding out two games in a row so we dropped and had beer and tacos instead.

Hi, Im basically new to this deck and it would be nice to hear some tips about sideboarding against common tier decks like delver, miracles, ant, death & taxes, shardless, show & tell, elves, lands and new eldrazi :)

Thanks,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by pjetr0 View Post
    Hi, Im basically new to this deck and it would be nice to hear some tips about sideboarding against common tier decks like delver, miracles, ant, death & taxes, shardless, show & tell, elves, lands and new eldrazi :)

Thanks,
    Peter
    At least post your sideboard so we can tell you what cards you want in certain matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    At least post your sideboard so we can tell you what cards you want in certain matchups.
    Sideboard looks following:
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Choke
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Slaughter Games
    1 Garruk Relentless
    2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Reclamation Sage

Jun 2015
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by pjetr0 View Post

Thanks,
    Peter
    By no means am I an authority on this deck but I'll float the way I sideboard for the matchups you mentioned. Feel free to correct me if some of these decisions are silly.

delver:
    This matchup favors you as it goes longer. Board in all removal spells. pulse hits pyromancer tokens and gurmag/goyf. toxic deluge is better for the small threats since its a blowout if it gets countered. some might bring in choke, I think it depends on the presence of deathrite. drawing dryad arbor in the opening hand is awful and barely ever feels good in this matchup, I board it out but that could be wrong.
    -1 karakas
    -1 gaddock teeg
    -1 dryad arbor

+2 toxic deluge
    +1 maelstrom pulse

Miracles:
    Super grindy. be careful about fetching arbor here, terminus is brutal if its on board. maelstrom pulse comes in since it has plenty of targets. Garruk relentless shines here. board in reclamation sage, possibly even thalia since it's a body with a relevant ability, but I haven't found the right cuts for it yet. The more bodies, the better but beware of blowout terminuses (Termini?). chalice on 1 locks out cantrips, top and swords, teeg locks out terminus, jace and force of will. Jace is very hard to deal with once it hits the board, so keep some number of punishing fires in. PF can also scout when you're under counter top lock. Mentor and entreat tokens may warrant an inclusion of deluge, I haven't found anything i'd like to cut for it. I tried cutting the other two cycle lands for thoughseize and had decent results but I don't feel comfortable making a recommendation yet.
    -1 maze of ith
    -1 punishing fire
    -1 barren moor
    -1 dryad arbor

+1 maelstrom pulse
    +1 Garruk relentless
    +1 reclamation sage
    +1 thalia, guardian of thraben

ANT:
    Best present a clock while you disrupt. no creatures means your removal is not as good. I don't expect ANT players to make mistakes with LED or lotus petal so trying to surprise them with destroying their LED very rarely comes up. Deluge may be appropriate as I suspect that TES may pick up as eldrazi pushes ANT out of favor.
    -1 Maze of Ith
    -1 Karakas
    -2 punishing fire
    -4 abrupt decay
    -1 dryad arbor

+2 Thalia
    +2 Thoughtseize
    +3 Leyline of the Void
    +1 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 slaughter games

I'll add more tomorrow since my tablet is almost dead and pretty tired.

In really grindy MU I like to shave 2 mox diamonds (Shardless BUG and Miracles are coming to mind). Dryad arbor is a necessary evil IMO. being able to have a chump blocker every turn can help a lot, especially against something like a gurmag angler. Also, it can fulfill pseudo ambush viper roll against non threshed mongoose and young P and most players never see that coming.

Also slaughter games doesn't seem necessary right now since omni tell isn't a deck anymore.

May 2010
    Edinburgh, Scotland

Hi guys, just wondering what the matchup is like against Sneak 'n' Show? I'm running a stock maindeck list and am now deciding on my sideboard.

I know we have Teeg, Karakas etc maindeck, but what are you guys boarding in for this matchup? Containment Priest? Thoughtseize?

Dec 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cabs View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering what the matchup is like against Sneak 'n' Show? I'm running a stock maindeck list and am now deciding on my sideboard.

I know we have Teeg, Karakas etc maindeck, but what are you guys boarding in for this matchup? Containment Priest? Thoughtseize?
    I'm running 3x Thoughtseize and 2x Thalia in the SB. I prefer Thalia over Containment as it's less narrow for my local field. That, together with Chalice on 1 should slow them down enough to give you an extra turn or three to find Teeg and/or Karakas and/or Maze. So, I aggressively mulligan to find at least one of them in my opening hand. Of course, that still might not be enough, but you get the general idea.

I went to a weekly thing yesterday.

R1 Junk

G1 I see an unkeepable 7. My 6 is Loam, Zenith, 4 fetch/dual lands. I should have mulled but didn't want to go to 5 in the blind. I bottom a Stage. My opponent opens on DRS into Library. I don't want to get Arbor as I'm already flooding, and if I get DRS and lose the Deathrite duel that is also basically not a card. I draw mostly lands but I keep playing to learn more about the list it takes him a while but he kills me.

G2 Opponent plays 4 basics, 2x mom, and DRS. I quickly assemble Knight, and Knight quickly assembles Marit Lage.

G3 We get into a very drawn out game. It is close until he casts a second painful Truths. At some point I Deluge away a solitary bob in order to deny him live cards and continue the Qasali beats. No if it is correct, but he draws a SFM next turn. I flood out and he isn't fast enough to finish in time.

R2 Grixis Control

G1 I play Knight and then a naturally drawn Stage, and my opponent's Jace is not enough to stop me. Often 4 mana 3x unsummon is just good enough, but my opponent figured they had a turn (1 chump blocker).

G2 I board in Pulse, Thalias, and Choke for 2xchalice, loam, scooze. T1 Cabal therapy gets my Mox, and next turn my bob. I get Mooned pretty early, which doesnt matter at all because there are no spells in my hand. Or anything in play besides a chalice.

G3 -2 thalia, +2 chalice. I start 2ing him with something and finish with a marit lage. I don't remember much about this game.

R3 Jund Pyromancer

G1 I chalice him, he gets a Lili. I loam to nullify her + and keep her down with Dryad arbor. I eventually find a Knight and Lage him.

G2 I again give him no good options for lili and ignore pyro. I then use Knight to force through a Lage on his draw step (wasteland)

R4 Infect

G1 I have a T1 chalice with a follow up wasteland and bob. He concedes

G2 My hand is 2 Mox, Wasteland, Dryad Arbor, Dismember, Thalia, Chalice. I get a chalice forced, take 5 infect, Land a thalia, waste him off of 2 mana souces and have removal for 2 agents while 2ing him to death.

This was my board for the event:

Sideboard (15)
    1x Choke
    2x Destructive Flow
    2x Dread of Night
    1x Maelstrom Pulse
    1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    2x Phyrexian Revoker
    1x Reclamation Sage
    1x Sulfur Elemental
    2x Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2x Toxic Deluge

Meren of Clan Nel Toth is replacing Garruk because it is a more consistent tool in our Green Sun + Gaddock Teeg deck.
    Destructive Flow is tech against Eldrazi and Lands. If you set up for it just a little bit it is a permanent one-sided armageddon.
    Dread of Night is me finally getting serious about D&T

Unfortunately none of the spice was relevant today, but eh.

I'd be interested in what people think about my R1G1 hand. I think I'd always mull that exact hand but any waste/cycle/etc makes it a lot better.

That's a ton of Lage-ing now that I look at it.

Oct 2011
    bj,china

Quote Originally Posted by Cabs View Post

In fact, I think this is a bad match up.very hard.If a good player control "snt",our opportunities are not many.

If they cast Show and Tell we have 5 mainboard cards that blow them out. You guys have 3 more cards that nullify their play once resolved. Zenith & Teeg shut off Sneak Attack. Chalices and Wastelands and such are super live.

The matchup feels a little unfavorable but not bad. Post board things get swingy depending on if they bring in Blood Moons and Pyroclasms and such.

Thread Information