Page 196 of 228 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 4544

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Sep 2015
    Shit-hole LA

Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Hey guys FYI CFB mangucci streamed loam here is a link. I share because in most his videos people reply ask questions and show interest. Hopefully he can stream it again.

https://www.channelfireball.com/vide...-4-color-loam/

Yeah I figured that was basically the approach to enchantress - the usual chalice + teeg lock did work and I only lost when he had a quick goldfish and my removal didn't line up well against his enchantress effects. I found attacking with the knights aggressively was also pretty effective, they had to commit their propaganda effects (no idea what the actual card was called) prematurely and it made it harder for him to establish a proper setup.

In other news, hobbled together a Top8 at our monthly sanctioned yesterday. Had some fantastic match ups, lots of free wins (with leylines and chalices) and was able to jam a bunch of games against RG Lands. Loam V lands is probably the most enjoyable match up you can have with this deck imo, the wasteland/loam battles are fantastic, you get to see Knight in all it's glory, and each player has a really even amount of answers for each-others win cons.

The low point of the tournament was definitely my feature match, which was also my only loss in the swiss. Guy was on bug landstill, probably a very even match up, basically all of their threats die to pfire and their mana is pretty fragile. I have never been given such a savage beating in my life. He had an abrupt decay for everything, made every land drop every turn of the game, and had a spellsnare for everything else. Bad beats.

Lost in the quarters to Eldrazi, another pretty reasonable match up. Game one was a pretty even one, but he managed to out idiot me when he landed his Endbringer, what an absurd magic card. Game two I was able to manage the perfect play of a Tabernacle after getting him to 0 lands the turn before. Game 3 we were both very low on life, I have a pair of 1,000,000/1,000,000 Knights and it comes down to the topdecked reality smasher for the win. Feels even, mana denial + Knight of the Reliquary is definitely the plan - the match up definitely improves when the other player isn't aware that their Chalice/Thorn effects do nothing against you, something that I often benefit from but should definitely not rely on. Good tourney altogether.
    I play Loams sometimes.

This looks like a potential playable. There was some talk of Courser of Kruphix as a zenithable card advantage engine, and this card is similar.

The second ability works well with Sylvan Library. Its kind of an underwhelming payoff. The first is free info which isn't too bad (and we do have fetches/loam). The last ability is moostly useless, but can fix color screw or blood moon. 4 mana 3/4 means it dodges Decay and Bolt, but not Push or STP. This is also one of the only 4drop creatures (important for zenith) that does not use the GY (important for g2/3) that generates card advantage.

Might be good enough to test as a tutor target.

Quote Originally Posted by apocolyps6 View Post

This looks like a potential playable. There was some talk of Courser of Kruphix as a zenithable card advantage engine, and this card is similar.

The second ability works well with Sylvan Library. Its kind of an underwhelming payoff. The first is free info which isn't too bad (and we do have fetches/loam). The last ability is moostly useless, but can fix color screw or blood moon. 4 mana 3/4 means it dodges Decay and Bolt, but not Push or STP. This is also one of the only 4drop creatures (important for zenith) that does not use the GY (important for g2/3) that generates card advantage.

Might be good enough to test as a tutor target.
    And it blocks leovold :p

I think it is kind of weak p/t-wise for 4 mana. And we only play ~10-12 creatures, so the payoff isnt as high as coursers is (half our deck are lands). Furthermore you get life with courser and this "improves" our bad burn MU. Of course the 4 cmc are both positive and negative. But i think i would rather play something amazing with 4 mana, than this thing.

edit: just read the first ability again. So you can look at the top card, but your opp does not know the card. Thats new :)

That's true. Though the big downside of Courser is the deck wants to sequence lands in a very specific way, and Courser kinds tempts you into the incorrect line. This thing will "hit" less often (without library).

Is there anything more amazing that meets the above criteria of being a non-GY based 4cmc green creature that generates CA? The other one I'm aware of is Huntmaster of the Fells, but he does not have the most generous stats either.

Quote Originally Posted by apocolyps6 View Post
    That's true. Though the big downside of Courser is the deck wants to sequence lands in a very specific way, and Courser kinds tempts you into the incorrect line. This thing will "hit" less often (without library).

Is there anything more amazing that meets the above criteria of being a non-GY based 4cmc green creature that generates CA? The other one I'm aware of is Huntmaster of the Fells, but he does not have the most generous stats either.
    Only because there is something new doesnt mean we have to add more cards. Even if it is tempting. But we were okay without a 4 mana CA creature before. And in my opinion it does not need to be a creature. Maybe the good old Garruk, and we dont play him main either. But with the uptick of bug decks with leo, something like this wouldn´t be bad. Overall i am not convinced we need more CA atm. But i´am only playing once a month, so maybe i doesnt understand the new meta correctly.

That art looks like a still from an upcoming Disney movie. Not a fan. I also think the card is unplayable, as was mentioned before there just aren't enough creatures in this deck to make it worthwhile. Maverick could probably consider it though.

For a 4cmc green creature, there's also Master of the Wild Hunt, but I can't imagine that card is good enough for Legacy play (although he was in a sideboard of the runner-up shardless list for the SCG legacy classic yesterday).
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

I think it is worth talking about new cards, even if most of them end up unplayable. That doesn't mean the deck isn't perfectly fine as is. Tho IMO the deck is missing some sort of GB removal-creature.

Which is the correct side-in and out for the delver matchup (grixis, 4C and bug)?
    My list is:

1 Forest
    1 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Taiga
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Barren Moor
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Karakas
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Maze of Ith
    4 Wasteland
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Dark Confidant
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Deathrite shaman
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    4 Knight of the Reliquary
    3 Punishing Fire
    1 Toxic deluge
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Life from the Loam
    1 Sylvan Library
    3 Abrupt Decay
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond

Sideboard:
    2 Sword to Plowshares
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    3 Leyline of the void
    1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Garruk Relentless
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Collective brutality
    1 Choke
    1 Chainer' s edict
    1 Toxic deluge

I board out 1 Gaddok, 1 punishing fire, 2 confidant, 1 library and 1 mox for 2 stp, 1 golgari charm, 1 toxic deluge, 1 collective brutality and 1 chainer' s edict.
    Is this the correct line?
    I' m in trouble with those nasty delver decks.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

I board for all 3 matchups roughly the same. I think something along the lines of -4 Chalice, -1( or 2) Sylvan Library, -1 Gaddock Teeg in favor of cards like swords, board wipes and the walkers. Chalice is kind of mediocre against BG anything even if it delver, we can't really aggressive dig with library because of their fast clocks and teeg stops more of your cards than theirs. I don't think there is a matchup where I would take out bobs, we're already a 4c non blue deck so we need all the consistency that we can get.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

BUG Delver -> -4Chalice -1Gaddock +2Swords +Chainer's Edict +Toxic Deluge +Choke/Garruk
    Grixis Delver -> -1Gaddock -1/2 Lili +1 Toxic Deluge +1Golgari Charm +0/1Choke
    4C Delver -> if you see YoungP go for a Girixis Sideboard(maybe cut a couple of chalice for Swords)
    -> if you dont see YoungP for a BUG Delver sideboard(charm if you see TNN)
    Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Pilhas's sideboard guide is good. I'd lean towards keeping in at least a couple chalices on the play against BUG Delver while removing them all on the draw. Maybe on the play Keep 2 chalice and cut a Karakas and only bring in one StP. They've got Decay but they're still a Delver deck and extremely focused around 1 mana and a turn 1 chalice can just end games before they even get started.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

The most dangerous threat of bug delver is a fast gurmag angler, and without chalice as priority target, all decays are waiting for knight, so we have only 2 swords, 2 deluge and lilly to stop the fish.
    And lilly works only if angler is lone.
    So I' m reluctant to remove all chalices vs bug delver....

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrazi Grandfather View Post
    The most dangerous threat of bug delver is a fast gurmag angler, and without chalice as priority target, all decays are waiting for knight, so we have only 2 swords, 2 deluge and lilly to stop the fish.
    And lilly works only if angler is lone.
    So I' m reluctant to remove all chalices vs bug delver....
    The thing is, They will try to tempo you out. Although BUG Delver is the worst at doing so of all the delvers, they will still try to do it. On the draw I usually take all the chalices and on the play I sometimes keep two. Be flexible with the sideboard since their End Game has implications(is it Gurmag/tombstalker or TNN)
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Could the new red mentor be useful here? Can play it fast with a Mox, punish most of the activations in the format - Top, fetches, Maze, Vial, DRS. Not sure if that's enough to warrant a burn hatebear, but it can make sequencing awkward for the opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

I think he's pretty strong. Really glad he is 1R not RR, and that he only punishes your opponents. He'll be a removal sponge, maybe clearing the way for Knight. He will definitely be in Burn's 75, and I could see him being useful in Jund too. Worth testing in this at the very least.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

could easily slot a 2of on the sideboard.
    extra hate to Miracles, D&T and a much needed help in elves

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Pilhas View Post
    could easily slot a 2of on the sideboard.
    extra hate to Miracles, D&T and a much needed help in elves
    I think that this card will be even better main, sniping players uncaught om their fetches and whatnot.

Edit, playing this 2/3 copies main , i would probably drop the DD/Stage combo.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Great against Deathrite decks too.

Thread Information