Page 202 of 228 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4544

Thread: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Re: [Deck] Aggro Loam

Can anyone share their plans against Sneak and Show. Struggling with the matchup against people who know what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Containment priests if you are playing them. Teeg Karakas and praying for luck. I think i'm 3/10 in SneakShow matchup, its just been a horrid matchup. Even if you turn them off 1 with chalice, they can just go tomb petal and show.
    I think i board something like -3 decay -3 pfire -1 Library +2 Thalia, +3 Swords +1 Golgari Charm +1 Rec Sage.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Holding a Knight in hand in case they SnT, untap, fetch Karakas, profit.

I wouldnt board Decay - > Pithing Needle on Karakas or KotR is not so nice.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

IMO vs show and sneak is like 60/40, if u have knight hold and wait for snt and gsz to gaddock (vs sneack attack), with karakas and gaddock tegg u cant lose.
    The problem is Omnitell, karakas is useless, gaddock tegg is useless, in my experiencie vs Omnitell is 90% lose...

They have a lot of basics so they fetch around Wasteland easily. Chalice on 1 only shuts down their cantrips, 0 shuts out petals. Not always enough.
    Diabolic edict in board maybe? Or anything to tax their mana more efficiently than chalice and wasteland, something like Thorn of Amethyst. Pyroblasts can hit SnT and Omni. Pithing needle and Revoker can hit Grisel and Sneak attack. It's really hard to find options that can work against both Sneak and Show. Trinisphere can help against Omni.

Crop Rotations in the side to fetch Karakas could help.

Canonist in the side could help against Omni. It helped drag out a game last week for me (on top of Chalice on 1) but I couldn't finish, 1 turn from lethal.

Discard, hate piece, clock.

Qasali Pridemage can help against both decks, and good against the surge of DnT we're likely to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by Kirt View Post
    IMO vs show and sneak is like 60/40, if u have knight hold and wait for snt and gsz to gaddock (vs sneack attack), with karakas and gaddock tegg u cant lose.
    The problem is Omnitell, karakas is useless, gaddock tegg is useless, in my experiencie vs Omnitell is 90% lose...
    Omnitell makes it worse, but if you are playing against good players they will never do S&T->Creature unless they are almost dead... They only go for Sneal Attack or S&T->Sneak Attack.
    Everytime I play the matchup it is horrible, unless they don't know what they are doing and just s&t->creature....

Nowadays (at least online) people now what we aim so they play accordingly.
    Also try to leave a couple of decays in cause of Blood Moon/Pithing Needle.

I usually board
    -2 loam
    -1 library
    -3 pfire
    -2 decay
    -1 toxic deluge
    +2 thoughtseize
    +2 canonnist
    +1 priest
    +2 golgari charm
    +2 swords
    Quote Originally Posted by MXG View Post
    Leovold because he is just gasoline. Look at the artwork. He knows it's over. He's offering your opponent the handshake.

Ouch looks like 4 out of the 5 sneak and show 5-0 list in the league pack omni main board

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pilhas View Post
    Omnitell makes it worse, but if you are playing against good players they will never do S&T->Creature unless they are almost dead... They only go for Sneal Attack or S&T->Sneak Attack.
    Everytime I play the matchup it is horrible, unless they don't know what they are doing and just s&t->creature....

Nowadays (at least online) people now what we aim so they play accordingly.
    Also try to leave a couple of decays in cause of Blood Moon/Pithing Needle.

I usually board
    -2 loam
    -1 library
    -3 pfire
    -2 decay
    -1 toxic deluge
    +2 thoughtseize
    +2 canonnist
    +1 priest
    +2 golgari charm
    +2 swords
    I'm roughly the same, I don't bring in the swords though. Plan is ideally to keep slamming threats and not die. I normally do the following.

-1 Loam
    -3 Punishing Fire
    -1 Maze of Ith
    -2 Decay

+2 Thoughtseize
    +1 Ethersworn Canonist
    +1 Containment Priest
    +1 Reclamation Sage
    +1 Golgari Charm
    +1 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Hey folks, I just lost in finals of a GPT and was wondering how others would have played this game.

Game 1: Opponent is the higher seed, and leads with duress, taking the chalice out of an otherwise bad hand. I draw chalice and figure it has to go on 1 to stop the opponent, so I wait a turn. Opponent has the kill on Turn 2.

I board in : 2 Thalia, 3 Leyline, 2 Thoughtsieze, 2x Choke

Game 2: My 7 is Thoughtsieze, Bayou, Mox Diamond, 2 Chalice of the Void, 1 Sylvan Library, 1 Choke.

Is this a keep?

I keep, figuring I have just over 50% chance to draw the second land (I'm playing 28), and have 2 live pieces otherwise.

I see 2 Cabal Ritual, Dark Rit, Cabal Therapy, Gitaxian Probe, Fetch, Echoing Truth. I figure I lose the 2nd chalice if I don't take Therapy, and in terms of combo pieces, all the opponent has is mana. If I disrupt the opponent's mana, I can maybe beat Truth.

I play a Chalice on 0, and pass (playing around some brainstorm+LED-based nut-draw, but decreasing my live land draw to 43%)

Opponent plays fetch, passes.

I draw a tapland, play it pass. Opponent brainstorm on my EOT, untaps, brainstorms, and plays a fetch.

I untap, draw a bob, and play chalice for 1 (opponent can't EOT Truth me, so I'm safe for 1 more turn.)

Opponent draws and passes.

I draw a Wasteland. I play choke, thinking an EOT Truth destroys 2 duals (opp's fetch can't get swamp) and then I lose to exactly topdecked IMS (opponent doesn't already have it).
    Wastelanding here instead kinda plays around truth.

Opponent has it.

So, choke was for sure a mistake, But how about the rest of it? On one hand, we have 3 disruptive cards, on the other a hand with Mox or Leyline is probably better. I'm pretty sure I'd mull if I hadn't played 7 hrs of magic before this game

I don't think I would have kept that hand, especially on the play. But it's tough. With a 2nd land it would be much better.

Jun 2015
    NYC

(I was watching the game from apocolyps6's opponent's side.)

I think the biggest mistake you made was taking Cabal Therapy with your Thoughtseize. If you take Probe, his hand is now nothing but mana, bounce and a blind Therapy. When I was looking at his opening hand, I considered it risky for that reason - he had a lot of mana, but he could just have a few poor draw steps and not really do anything. There is a chance he hits your 2nd Chalice with his blind Therapy, but the fact that you already played a Chalice would make him less likely to guess it. You could also play act that you're playing your Chalice on 0 just because you don't want it taken from your hand next turn, like think about the decision for a long time. I think in his spot I might have guessed something like GSZ instead. I'd still consider Chalice, but it really is surprising to see double Chalice so early two games in a row. Plus he's not even that scared of the card compared to some other form of disruption since he has Echoing Truth.

I think the % of your 6 card hands that were gonna be better than that 7 game 2 is extremely low, so I think that was an easy keep.

Are the chances extremely low? I think I'm 67.8% to land non-Thoughtseize hate on turn 1 after mulling the 7 (not counting <5 card hands). And some of the hands that have turn 2 disruption might be better than that 7 as well.

Taking probe is something I briefly thought about, but clearly not enough. I think I concluded the opponent might just name the card he knew about anyway. Playing a chalice on 0 after seeing no 0s, and taking the cantrip looks really suspicious, doesn't it? Especially after I didn't play out a chalice on 0 in game 1.

Jun 2015
    NYC

I just asked Devin and he said

"Hmm I think it probably would have decided between Thalia, teeg, or gsz but I'm not sure. I had truth so I'm not worried about chalice for the moment."

Talking w/ a few Storm bros they seem to agree on the Therapy since Chalice on 1 is still more annoying than anything else you could possibly have, so maybe it was correct only because Devin (and I) aren't Storm experts.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Aggro Loam in top 8 in Frankfurt, excited to see the list tomorow.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    4c Aggro Loam

It's up. Ghost quarter main and a collective brutality in side
    http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/201...unishing-loam/

Just came home from mkms Frankfurt, and there was a pretty decent amount of Loam players around - i even played the Mirror.

Dropped after 3 -1 -3 (I'm still a noob )

I think Stoneblade was one of the most played Decks, and because of my bad skills i lost twice against it

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Digitend89 View Post
    It's up. Ghost quarter main and a collective brutality in side
    http://series.magiccardmarket.eu/201...unishing-loam/
    Great job at getting to top8!

Though call, personally i am kind off torn between DD/Stage vs Cabal Pit/GQ. It seems that there lot of decks that have a hard time dealing with Marit Lage.

Collective Brutality seems interesting at some point. At least it is discard that plays around Chalice 1.

Would we still want Garruk Relentless in the current meta? I basically only boarded it vs Miracles.
    4c Aggro Loam

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Would we still want Garruk Relentless in the current meta? I basically only boarded it vs Miracles.
    Really? I found myself boarding in walkers in basically every noncombo matchup with the only exceptions being elves/painter so I have additional removal spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Really? I found myself boarding in walkers in basically every noncombo matchup with the only exceptions being elves/painter so I have additional removal spells.
    I board it in for both those match ups. A kill spell into a tutor has always been good for me against elves ON THEY PLAY. A great card vs bloodmoon decks as well.

Thread Information