Thread: Tidal Warrior and Non-Basic Lands

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Tidal Warrior and Non-Basic Lands

Can anyone help me with the following scenarios:

1) I have an active Tidal Warrior. My opponent has an active Wasteland and activates it to destroy my Mutavault. Can I respond to that by turning the Wasteland into an Island?

2) I have an active Tidal Warrior. My opponent has an active Wasteland and activates it to destroy my Mutavault. Can I respond to that by turning my Mutavault into an Island?

3) I have an active Tidal Warrior. My opponent has an active Academy Ruins and activates it to return an artifact on top of his library. Can I respond to that by turning the Academy Ruins into an Island?

4) When is the right time to turn a man-land such as Mishra's Factory into an Island? Should I turn the man-land into an Island before or after he declared the activation of Mishra's Factory?

5) Does Darksteel Citadel lose indestructability when you turn it into an Island with Tidal Warrior?

6) Are there any known tricks that you can pull off with Tidal Warrior?

Thanks!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Re: Tidal Warrior and Non-Basic Lands

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Can anyone help me with the following scenarios:1) I have an active Tidal Warrior. My opponent has an active Wasteland and activates it to destroy my Mutavault. Can I respond to that by turning the Wasteland into an Island?
    No, sacrificing it is part of the cost.

2) I have an active Tidal Warrior. My opponent has an active Wasteland and activates it to destroy my Mutavault. Can I respond to that by turning my Mutavault into an Island?
    Tidal Warrior, like Blood Moon, does not change super types. You can respond to that by changing your Mutavault into an Island, but it will still be destroyed.

3) I have an active Tidal Warrior. My opponent has an active Academy Ruins and activates it to return an artifact on top of his library. Can I respond to that by turning the Academy Ruins into an Island?
    Yes, but the ability will still be on the stack and still resolve.

4) When is the right time to turn a man-land such as Mishra's Factory into an Island? Should I turn the man-land into an Island before or after he declared the activation of Mishra's Factory?
    No matter when you turn it into an Island, he can activate it in response and it will still be a 2/2 creature. Just without the pump ability. Same thing if you change it into an Island with the animation on the stack.

5) Does Darksteel Citadel lose indestructability when you turn it into an Island with Tidal Warrior?
    Yes

6) Are there any known tricks that you can pull off with Tidal Warrior?
    Turning things into Islands.
    Magic Level 3 Judge
    Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Battle with a ragtag crew of adorable misfits. Narcomoeba and Golgari Thug hook up before the end of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    Please be less rambling in your next post. I only bothered with figuring out what the fuck you were trying to ask because I took it as a challenge.

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Re: Tidal Warrior and Non-Basic Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Anusien View Post
    Yes
    Turning things into Islands.
    XD

Thread Information