I've been completley captivated by Karakas ever since I ran (a really suboptimal) Death & Taxes at my first Legacy event. Since then I've attempted many many different builds that utilize Karakas to vary degrees of mediocrity. I think I've hit upon some interesting interactions at last:

Krak Addict
--------------
(18)
4 Mother of Runes
4 Ethersworn Cannonist
3 Vendillion Clique
3 Spellsutter Sprite
2 Stoneforge Mystic
2 Venser, Shaper Savant

(22)
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
2 Daze
3 Swords to Plowshares
3 Standstill
3 Aethervial
2 Jitte
1 Sword of Fire and Ice

(20)
4 Wasteland
3 Karakas
4 Flooded Strand
4 Tundra
1 Plains
3 Island
1 Academy Ruins/Riptide Lab

SB
------
1 Sword of Light and Shadow
2 Tormod's Crypt
1 Relic of Progenitus
3 Jotun Grunt
2 Sower Of Temptation
2 Llawan, Cephalid Empress - Wrecks Merfolk (which are a tough match) and bounces Progenitus if need be.
3 Spell Snare

What does the deck do?
It plays a very defensive early game hoping to land a Mother of Runes and an Ethersworn Cannonist. Those two in concert create a soft-lock which clogs the board and slows the game to 'normal' Magic physics. To back this plan up, 3 Standstills create their own 1 card soft-lock. Vendillion Clique helps to sculpt the opponent's hand into uselessness via Karakas. The ideal board is: Mother, Cannonist, Karkas and a Venser in hand. This is nearly a hard-lock.

How does it win? It wins by swinging with little evasive dudes, hopefully equipped with a Jitte or Sword. Or by slowly bouncing your board into oblivion and then swinging in with 2/2s - classic Legacy!

How does it not die? Well, that's why I'm posting the list. Blue offers a lot in the way of protection for my unique little snowflakes but this deck does have a hard time against aggressive strategies. Sower out of the board helps a lot but I'm also sorely tempted to put in an Elspeth or a Jace, Mind Sculptor to help with board control. I haven't played too many matches against CounterBalance decks or against dedicated control decks in general. My plan with them is to lean on the Aether Vials and my own counters to get some sort of board presence out. It's funny to think that this deck could be capable of ''The Beat Down.' Obviously I'm pretty soft to Engineered Explosives.

Like so many decks here, this is my little home-brew and I'm looking for constructive feedback on it. I will say that I'm willing to compromise on almost anything EXCEPT for Venser and Karakas since that is the heart of the deck for me.