Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hungryLIKEALION's tournament report collection

Jan 2010
    Easton, PA

Re: hungryLIKEALION's tournament report collection

Quote Originally Posted by hungryLIKEALION View Post
    I thought there were, but your facebook said otherwise D:

Anyway, yeah, they were good games, and I look forward to our next match. :]
    It's the german spelling :) Koepplinger is the american-ized "official" version.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

I definitely prefer the version with the umlaut.

Congrats on the finish! I run a pretty similar build, with -1 Figure +1 Lynx, -2 Fireblast +1 Chain, +1 Knight and some changes in the manabase. Out of curiosity, how has 9 fetches been holding up for the Lynxes? I've been running 11 to get pretty consistent 4/5 Lynxes. Also, is the only reason for 3 Chains because you don't have a fourth? I love having the 8 burn spells at 1 mana personally.

Lion
    May 2009
    Bethlehem, PA

Quote Originally Posted by supachai View Post
    Congrats on the finish! I run a pretty similar build, with -1 Figure +1 Lynx, -2 Fireblast +1 Chain, +1 Knight and some changes in the manabase. Out of curiosity, how has 9 fetches been holding up for the Lynxes? I've been running 11 to get pretty consistent 4/5 Lynxes. Also, is the only reason for 3 Chains because you don't have a fourth? I love having the 8 burn spells at 1 mana personally.
    Thanks. I wouldn't cut Fireblast right now, and I don't think the third knight is worth it. Honestly I've begun considering cutting Knights or moving them to the board in favor of additional one drops, more than likely FoDs. (Not certain on that, but considering it.)

9 Fetches has been okay for me, but maybe not optimal. If I were indeed to cut KoTRs, I would probably just move up to 11 fetches and axe the canopies, or maybe axe the third taiga for a 10th fetchland, I don't know. But at the moment, I have not felt like 9 was too few for the 3 Lynxes I'm playing.

As for the 4th chain, it's both an availability issue and just an uncertainty about whether I'd rather have the 4th chain or the 3rd helix. I don't have the 4th chain so I'm just playing the 3rd helix, but even if I did I'm not sure I'd make the swap. Helix has several distinct advantages over chain (Instant speed, 2cc can dodge some obstacles chain can't, gaining three life is not irrelevant, especially given the generally aggro-saturated meta we seem to be in lately + 2 libraries in the deck), so I kind of like it better. Both are good spells, and I think that currently there is room for them to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Strangest convenience store I've yet seen: Kum & Go (somewhere in Nebraska). I remember thinking: "Huh, a drive-through bordello. Clever."

Quote Originally Posted by hungryLIKEALION View Post
    Thanks. I wouldn't cut Fireblast right now, and I don't think the third knight is worth it. Honestly I've begun considering cutting Knights or moving them to the board in favor of additional one drops, more than likely FoDs. (Not certain on that, but considering it.)

9 Fetches has been okay for me, but maybe not optimal. If I were indeed to cut KoTRs, I would probably just move up to 11 fetches and axe the canopies, or maybe axe the third taiga for a 10th fetchland, I don't know. But at the moment, I have not felt like 9 was too few for the 3 Lynxes I'm playing.

As for the 4th chain, it's both an availability issue and just an uncertainty about whether I'd rather have the 4th chain or the 3rd helix. I don't have the 4th chain so I'm just playing the 3rd helix, but even if I did I'm not sure I'd make the swap. Helix has several distinct advantages over chain (Instant speed, 2cc can dodge some obstacles chain can't, gaining three life is not irrelevant, especially given the generally aggro-saturated meta we seem to be in lately + 2 libraries in the deck), so I kind of like it better. Both are good spells, and I think that currently there is room for them to share.
    Thanks for the response. I played a couple games against/with Zoo the other day, testing out fireblast and it literally won me all my games that I would have otherwise lost. I'm cutting one Helix and one Knight for them. I agree that it's a very powerful card, especially since I decided to add a 3rd Taiga, cutting a fetch. Helix does synergize with Library pretty well as I'll almost always pay 4 for a Helix. Chain was also randomly bad against Zoo mirror or Goblins, but Helix hogging up most or all of your mana in the early turns was a bit annoying. Maybe 3 Helix would be right for an aggro heavy meta. Anyways, thanks again and congrats!

Thread Information