Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: [Rise of the Eldrazi] Set Discussion Thread

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [Rise of the Eldrazi] Set Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    Yeah, Izzet Guildmage + Training Grounds + Manamorphose = win, too. Training Grounds is aggresively costed, but seems difficult to break it as it's a 3 card combo at best.
    Interesting. Rite of Flame also works for infinite while speeding up things otherwise.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Manamorphose lets you fix mana and draw to the card you need to win. Much better than just getting a ton of R.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    Yeah, Izzet Guildmage + Training Grounds + Manamorphose = win, too. Training Grounds is aggresively costed, but seems difficult to break it as it's a 3 card combo at best.
    Found my new casual deck of lols...
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Apparently you can now run 8 Terramorphic Expanse? Budget decks rejoice?

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    This card is actually a good sideboard card against Goblins (For Quinn builds at least).
    Meh I don't like it. Its like a better Aurifcation but its still mediocre compared to Moat and Humility.

Izzet Guildmage + Training Grounds + Manamorphose
    Looks great, only if it's working.. Manamorphose will need to resolve to give you the mana. Then you cannot copy it as it's gone.
    Pity, it looked awesome for the fun of it, and potentially a new funny archetype

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Lothian View Post
    Looks great, only if it's working.. Manamorphose will need to resolve to give you the mana. Then you cannot copy it as it's gone.
    Pity, it looked awesome for the fun of it, and potentially a new funny archetype
    Cast it, copy it, let the first copy resolve, go to town.

Where's the problem? You just need to start the combo.

UU for guildmage, U for Training Grounds, 1R for Manamorphose, and U for the first copy - you don't let the original resolve 'till you've picked up your deck - less one card. All of the Izzet Guildmage sillyness works that way. Izzet Guildmage + Ideas Unbound/Lava Spike + Desperate Ritual or Izzet Guildmage + Reset is the same.

Dec 2006
    Spain

I really like Training Grounds to accelerate Counter/Rebels, with Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero you can recycle Children of Korlis every turn for 2 mana. Maybe you can get enough rebels in play to use Shared Discovery.

On MWS people are like: Plz brg Legacy with ROE LOL!

But ROE doesn't bring anything to legacy. How is it different from "Legacy" or "Legacy excluding Homelands?"

Or maybe they're trying to dupe their opponents into playing with cards from ROE, so they say they're testing the set when really they're just hoping their opponent will run a bunch of 10-15 mana spells.

Ancient Stirrings actually feels like a half decent card - but probably not entirely playable, the other tutors outclass it.

Ancient Stirrings G
    Sorcery Common
    Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a colorless card from among them and put it into your hand. Then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by xTrainx View Post
    Ancient Stirrings actually feels like a half decent card - but probably not entirely playable, the other tutors outclass it.

Ancient Stirrings G
    Sorcery Common
    Look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a colorless card from among them and put it into your hand. Then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    I actually see the potential of this card post Mirrodin 2.0.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Well, if anyone ever finds a way to make Legion Land Loss work again, that card is gold in it. It's chock full of Green and Artifacts. I noticed it also and I'll keep it in mind. It might find a nice place in some deck one of these days. It's not bad, just not broken. I might try to find a use if it was an instant, but sorcery makes me sad.

Thread Information