Thread: Pox or Ichorid?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Pox or Ichorid?

Which of the mentioned decks above is good against an evershifting yet defined as aggro-oriented meta with some control. There has been no combo other than a failed attempt to a Dream Halls combo.

I currently have the following playsets:

Ichorid: Bridges, D Return, Nacros, most of the common cards

Pox: Dark Rit, Smallpox, Hymns,

Both are reasonably cheap but I dont want to build two decks at once (I am still trying to fine-tune my Moat-less Quinn deck).

Any advices? I want to build the deck that will shine in the mentioned meta above.

Thanks!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Rapin' your villages, Burnin' your women
    Dec 2008

Re: Pox or Ichorid?

Do you like kicking babies? Play pox.
    Do you like kicking babies but sometimes the babies have guns to fight back? Play Ichorid.

In all seriousness tho, I'd say ichorid and get good at fighting hate since Ichorid should win games ones vs aggro all day.

Meat Slicer at Deli

Mar 2004
    Ypsi, MI

Lesser of two evils here. Sinkholes v. LED's. If you build LEDless, Ichorid wins on the wallet.
    Whenever I see a kid in a wheelchair it makes me a little sad. Because I always think, "Gee, they could have used those same wheels to make a bike for a regular kid. What a waste."

Oct 2007
    Québec

If your goal is to win, then Ichorid is your choice.

Pox is a lot of fun, but on the power level it can sometime (read too often) let you down.

So Icho=win Pox=fun (for you at least)
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

If I am going to build Ichorid, it will be LEDless. Apparently, it takes years of experience to master the mulliganing with Ichorid with LED. LEDless Ichorid is somehow more stable (so I heard) but less explosive as its counterpart that features LED. Not to mention the build will be cheaper without LED.

If I am going to build Pox, I will not be running Sinkholes due to budget restraint. Also, it seems that the Pox thread here is gearing away from Sinkholes (probably because of budget restraints).

Thanks guys!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Simple Jack Daniel's
    Apr 2009
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    If I am going to build Pox, I will not be running Sinkholes due to budget restraint. Also, it seems that the Pox thread here is gearing away from Sinkholes (probably because of budget restraints).
    For the record, I've found that I like Vindicate better in Pox, and Vindicate has the added bonus of being way cheaper than Sinkhole. (Although that will force you to pick up some number of Scrublands.)
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    Terramorphic Expanse combines well with Urborg, tapping all over the place for black mana and then BOOM you fetch a Plains and blow them out with Ramosian Rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scordata View Post
    Man, why won't the Rock just go away? It doesn't even have any friends.

Like, you know that feeling when you are walking outside and you step in dog shit?
    Thats the exact feeling i have when my opponent opens with Land, Mox diamond, Dark Confidant.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Any advices? I want to build the deck that will shine in the mentioned meta above.

Thanks!
    Dredge is decent with virtually no real bad matchup game 1. In games 2-3 however, you are in the dark not knowing which hate you'll face. I do not recommend playing it at the moment. Unless you think you can handle the frustration then go ahead.

There are dozens of established decks out there. Still dozens more waiting to be discovered and established with your name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by *F
    In the beginning there was only Crypt, Planar Void, then came Leyline, Jailer, Relic, now there's Trap and Bog! Seriously WotC WTF*?

Oct 2007
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands

And you're not even mentioning Extirpate.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    ..we all know that the Dutch are to Magic what Koreans are to Starcraft.

XIII
    Jun 2009
    Germany

You have to take into account the size of the meta and how fast it adapts.

From what I hear Pox is not too bad in smashing aggro either, but Dredge is overall the better deck so it comes down to:

How much gravehate will you see! Since you are on a budget I assume you want to play the deck for a while, so if everyone and his mom starts to pack 4+ gravehate spells after Dredge decks do well in one or two tournaments Pox is definately the better choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi4meterftw View Post
    Well you can expect whatever you want but you'd only expect what you said if you were retarded.

Pox is a pretty bad deck. If you play Ichorid long enough you should have a good idea of what hate the opponent will bring in and how to play around it. Of those two, I'd play Ichorid all day.

Thread Information