Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

Re: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Honestly, I like the look of that but it feels really inconsistent. You need to have it all in your hand and the card is just plain card disadvantage if you don't. If the deck had more means to generate meaningful card advantage or utilise the graveyard or the discard effects, it would be better, but as it stands, 3 mana is a lot for a one-shot discard effect in a deck using discard and "discard a card" is a lot in a deck that doesn't use the discard or the graveyard. Though if it's the last card in your hand, it's just a 3/4 flyer for 2U and mill 2, which is fair - but you generally want to jam your 2Us on turn 1-2, not turn 4-5.

UG is likely the best home for it, indeed, but how to build the redundancy and reliability into the support frame is a good question. Certainly, you need more discard outlets and if you want to run Forces and Rootwallas, your blue-count and Chalices will conflict with the plan. If you don't run Chalices, the Stompy shell will lose a lot of its value, much of which is in dropping early Chalices, and if you don't run Forces, you lose one of the big advantages of running blue in the first place. Also, these creatures are all ground pounders that can't get past Gurmag, which can be a tad annoying.
    I agree with this assessment of Trademage - 1. It's not amazing in a bubble. You want some GY shenanigans to go with it. Crucible seems good, but there've gotta be other things that'll work well (there are no viable blue flashback cards, madness seems hard to cast off Trademage).

2. I don't want to splash another color to get card advantage from the GY. Even the aforementioned Hollow One, which seems really really great with this, fights the slots in the deck that need to be blue for Force of Will. I'm not sure there's too much room for non-blue cards that want to pitch to Trademage. That said, I'm still going to run it. I think it's probably good enough as a card disadvantage looter. Also keep in mind you're losing card advantage to Mox and Force, and if Force is the last card in your hand, it can makes some plays awkward.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

That's the part that worries me, the deck already has a lot of card disadvantage and I really don't want any more. The worst match-ups are those control decks that try to 1-for-1 you and have artifact removal for that very reason: if they get to actually do it, we'll run out of gas real quick and all the looting in the world, while nice, doesn't help if we don't have anything in our grip. Now, we do have great card advantage effects too: Trinket Mage/Trophy Mage, JTMS, SoFI are all solid effects that lead to more cards in hand but only Jace is really unfettered in that regard, and it's the one the fewest builds are running, it's the one that comes down the latest and it's the one that least has synergy with the beatdown plan. Thus, we can't afford too much more card disadvantage and while indeed, Bazaar Mage is not CDA if you have 0 cards in hand, you generally don't want to rush out your FoWs but to keep them for the important stuff so in that sense, there's awful synergy there.

The only good blue flashback card is Deep Anal and it's probably not quite what we want here, if not a bad card as such. It's the only one I'd consider running at any rate, particularly if adding even more discard to the deck. 1U for 2 cards for "free" is a solid rate and the damage isn't that relevant as long as we are the beatdown.

Deep Anal

Between this and Lesser Masticore I'm starting to think Deep Anal is getting a lot more attractive in Legacy, the new proliferate sword also looks bonkers with Ballista.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Between this and Lesser Masticore I'm starting to think Deep Anal is getting a lot more attractive in Legacy, the new proliferate sword also looks bonkers with Ballista.
    Sadly this deck has traditionally had few ways to use the ProfSword and SoFI will probably remain better (card and removal is just a superb package). ProfSword could be an interesting build-around and obviously UW is a great combo against Stoneblade and Miracles. The deck could run like Ballista, Jace, Hangarback, Jitte at least as cards that care about Proliferate. Chalice would be cool if you could drop it at 0 and Proliferate to 1 but as it stands, it would be very situational indeed. Probably a different deck; more Affinityish shell with Ravagers would obviously benefit more of it though there it's so darn expensive...

I ran Thrummingbird in a Ballista / PW'er list, and it was kinda cute. I only played one weekly with it so far, but my sense of proliferate is that you need to invest a tonna mana into your board state - 4 for JTMS, 4 for Karn, at least 2 for Ballista and Chalice (Chalice @ 3 is hot vs Sneak and Show). I think proliferate only makes sense when you have 2 or more cards that want more counters, so realistically you've invested 6 mana plus 2 from Thrummingbird (or the new proliferate sword, 5), and at that point, if all this is sticking to the field, I sense you're winning. But that was my quick, one-day assessment of proliferate. I do think you can run a build and test the new equip, that it's worth looking into further.

Plus: Thrummingbird pitches to Force, woot.

Lesser Masticore < Ballista, imo.

EDIT: I really wanted Thrummingbird with Karn, Scion of Urza. Jamming out 5 constructs gives me too much joy in life.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."

Tribute Mage is a 2cc version of Trophy Mage that was just spoiled, grabs Jitte, Revoker, Ratchet Bomb, the new Masticore as well as some real techy stuff like Thorn of Amethyst and Defense Grid and other random hate cards from the SB. Anybody else thinking Wizard Stompy?

Tribute Mage is a 2cc version of Trophy Mage that was just spoiled, grabs Jitte, Revoker, Ratchet Bomb, the new Masticore as well as some real techy stuff like Thorn of Amethyst and Defense Grid and other random hate cards from the SB. Anybody else thinking Wizard Stompy?
    I want to play Patron Wizard something fierce.

Tribute Mage also grabs Thopter Combo. I haven't kept up with my CMC 2 artifacts, so I wonder what else we could grab... Winter Orb (with Tabernacle)...?

If we go almost all creatures, I really like Thorn in the deck. That seems awesome.

Right now I'm running Karn Great Creator instead of silver bullet artifacts, so IDK how I'm going to rebuild the deck. So many options, so few slots... sigh...

EDIT: What I'm thinking is I have 3 bullets for Trophy Mage; Tribute Mage I'd want at least 3 more. And with 4 Chalice (4 Karn?) That makes Force of Will hard to support. Ack

With these new toys:
    Tribute Mage : https://mythicspoiler.com/mh1/cards/tributemage.html
    Mist-Clan Naga : lhttps://mythicspoiler.com/mh1/cards/mistclannaga.html
    Could we think of an aggro list with a lot of 2-mana-spells like the following ?

4 Chrome Mox
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    8 Island
    2 Seat of The Synod

3 Force of Will
    2 Misdirection

4 Cloud of Faeries
    1 Phyrexian Metamorph (?) flex slot ...
    4 Mist-Clan Naga no matter if you cast it or Ninjutsu him
    4 True-Name Nemesis too good to play less copies
    4 Trinket Mage
    3 Tribute Mage

4 Chalice of The Void
    3 Walking Ballista too good to play less copies
    2 Phyrexian Revoker (maybe 1?)
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Umezawa's Jitte Who needs a Sword of Fire and Ice if Jitte is connecting ?!

-> 25 blue cards, 22 mana sources and 13 artifacts (excluding mana sources), 25 creatures: should work.
    -> all these 13 artifact cards can be played turn 1 from a sol land only.
    -> excluding True-Name Nemesis (which requires UU, so not turn 1 unless we have 2 mox and empty our hand), all cards are easy to cast and so we could have the possibility of choosing which one to play: more are the choices available, better is a the deck unless the power level of the cards is little.
    -> 4 "Pithing Needle effects" with 3 tutors can be very annoying for any opponent, especially now that I think the number of planeswalkers will increase. I just suppose.
    -> Cloud of Faeries ables us to have 4 mana turn 2 from a sol land and you can use them to play a cc4 spell (jitte + equip faerie or 2/2 Ballista) or to play 2 cc2 spells (we had 13) or to exilt opponents' Daze-mode. Cloud of Faeries can do anything you need in this deck. Create an evasive attacker to ninjutsu it, accelerating mana, cycling, pitching ... Just try. It is "a glue" as it has always been. (is Mr Djinn still reading this pages ?)
    -> if Mist-Clan Naga "connects" and duplicate himself, could be really strong .. Am I overstimating him ?
    -> If you Ninjutsu him bouncing a relevant creature (Cloud of Faeries or a Trinket Mage or a Tribute Mage) you could make a good card advantage/quality. IF ... the clue point is if we manage to "connect" him. I personally see it as a stronger play than the old fashion Mox+SolLand+SeaDrake on turn 1.
    -> 18 lands with 4 Chrome Mox which means 38 spells to draw (Mox Diamonds lists have 29-30-31 non mana spells and so 29-30-31 non mana spells) -> less need to filter with bad cards (Looter Il-Kor is itself a very bad card ... it becomes good if a deck is bad or too unstable .. price to pay when you play it: free time walk for your opponent and sometimes even -2 lifes for us). We could still squeeze a tutorable Mask of Memory or use Looter Il-Kor in the flex slots anyway but the need is not (should be not) given from granted too my view.
    -> with Tribute Mage we could play other tutorable annoying cards such as Winter Orb, Tsabo's Web, Ratchet Bomb, Thorn of Amethyst etc. and, considering also Trinket Mage -> even Painter's Servant + Grindstone post sideboard (with 7 tutors and 16 mana accelerators would not be a bad plan B)

To my view the presence of Looter Il-Kor is a feedback which tells us if we are playing a bad-built deck ..
    .. unless we are using madness/discard mechanics.

Grim Monolith seems like a solid ramping tool, it's a potential build around card.

Quote Originally Posted by frustanani View Post

-> 4 "Pithing Needle effects" with 3 tutors can be very annoying for any opponent, especially now that I think the number of planeswalkers will increase. I just suppose.

-> if Mist-Clan Naga "connects" and duplicate himself, could be really strong .. Am I overstimating him ?
    -> If you Ninjutsu him bouncing a relevant creature (Cloud of Faeries or a Trinket Mage or a Tribute Mage) you could make a good card advantage/quality. IF ... the clue point is if we manage to "connect" him. I personally see it as a stronger play than the old fashion Mox+SolLand+SeaDrake on turn 1.
    -> 18 lands with 4 Chrome Mox which means 38 spells to draw (Mox Diamonds lists have 29-30-31 non mana spells and so 29-30-31 non mana spells) -> less need to filter with bad cards (Looter Il-Kor is itself a very bad card ... it becomes good if a deck is bad or too unstable .. price to pay when you play it: free time walk for your opponent and sometimes even -2 lifes for us). We could still squeeze a tutorable Mask of Memory or use Looter Il-Kor in the flex slots anyway but the need is not (should be not) given from granted too my view.
    -> with Tribute Mage we could play other tutorable annoying cards such as Winter Orb, Tsabo's Web, Ratchet Bomb, Thorn of Amethyst etc. and, considering also Trinket Mage -> even Painter's Servant + Grindstone post sideboard (with 7 tutors and 16 mana accelerators would not be a bad plan B)

To my view the presence of Looter Il-Kor is a feedback which tells us if we are playing a bad-built deck ..
    .. unless we are using madness/discard mechanics.
    I think your decklist looks fairly good, I'd just question some of the numbers. Like 2 Jitte seems unnecessary. I'd add another Tribute Mage instead. And keep in mind, the deck realistically has no card draw or filtering, so jamming 4x of your best cards is just the way to go. You're only going to natural draw your Mages. Jamming full playsets, and tutoring, are the only reasons a deck like this will see consistency.

I think the Naga Ninja might be the blue version of Goblin Rabblemaster, or more like Hanweir Garrison. It kills in 3 hits, which is pretty hot, and I don't there there are any cards in blue that put that kind of pressure on without serious crippling drawbacks. Playtesting will tell, but Naga I sense could live up to actual play.

I think that's actually a fair assessment of Looter. But depending on how you build, Looter could support your gameplan - if you're going control-ish, it's about the only CMC2 card that'll reasonably provide card filtering (Impulse et al are terrible in a prison deck, you want something that affects the field and has a continuous or repeatable effect). Also Looter has synergy with Jitte and SOFI, which most decks tend to run equip. But I think it is suspect to run Looter, which really doesn't have a power level comparable to Legacy staples, though I'd just note some of the inherent synergies within the deck. If you're going more aggro, something like Warkite Marauder tends to fit your gameplan better.

I also question if Cloud of Faeries has even the power level of Looter. I'd like it with Spellstutter Sprite, but that's about it.

Grim Monolith seems like a solid ramping tool, it's a potential build around card.
    I disagree. If you're trying to break Grim Monolith, maybe with Voltaic Key, but otherwise you're spending U2 (tribute mage) and 2 (grim monolith) to get 3 out of it. Doesn't seem like a good tutor target, unless there's something busted going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger42 View Post
    I think your decklist looks fairly good, I'd just question some of the numbers. Like 2 Jitte seems unnecessary. I'd add another Tribute Mage instead. And keep in mind, the deck realistically has no card draw or filtering, so jamming 4x of your best cards is just the way to go. You're only going to natural draw your Mages. Jamming full playsets, and tutoring, are the only reasons a deck like this will see consistency.

I think the Naga Ninja might be the blue version of Goblin Rabblemaster, or more like Hanweir Garrison. It kills in 3 hits, which is pretty hot, and I don't there there are any cards in blue that put that kind of pressure on without serious crippling drawbacks. Playtesting will tell, but Naga I sense could live up to actual play.

I think that's actually a fair assessment of Looter. But depending on how you build, Looter could support your gameplan - if you're going control-ish, it's about the only CMC2 card that'll reasonably provide card filtering (Impulse et al are terrible in a prison deck, you want something that affects the field and has a continuous or repeatable effect). Also Looter has synergy with Jitte and SOFI, which most decks tend to run equip. But I think it is suspect to run Looter, which really doesn't have a power level comparable to Legacy staples, though I'd just note some of the inherent synergies within the deck. If you're going more aggro, something like Warkite Marauder tends to fit your gameplan better.

I also question if Cloud of Faeries has even the power level of Looter. I'd like it with Spellstutter Sprite, but that's about it.

I disagree. If you're trying to break Grim Monolith, maybe with Voltaic Key, but otherwise you're spending U2 (tribute mage) and 2 (grim monolith) to get 3 out of it. Doesn't seem like a good tutor target, unless there's something busted going on there.
    I don't think 2U + 2 for 3 is how Grim Monolith should be calculated, the bear has value in and of itself and being able to go from 3 to 6 mana lets the deck hit a big bomb. I mean no one complains about Trinket Mage costing 2U for U whenever you fetch Seat of the Synod, and if not Grim Monolith then one of the blue Talismans could be solid ramp and mana fixing as well.

In other news, Watcher for Tomorrow looks good, I'm thinking it could be a Looter replacement?

If you're going more aggro, something like Warkite Marauder tends to fit your gameplan better.

Yes, the list was just a draft. I agree: Warkite Marauder is quite a good card running 3 Walking Ballsita and 2 Umezawa's Jitte which I would not play in single copy because is such a key card in some match ups (for example Vial Decks or UBx Delver decks) and if it gets countered or destroyed, I want to have a second one. It is also crucial when we take too much damages from Ancient Tombs.

Cloud of Faeries turn 2 (or turn 1 with Mox) + another spell (with 4 mana even 2 other spells) and Mist-Clan Naga (Ninjutsu) the following turn for example is better than Looter Il-Kor and Mist-Clan Naga the following (less spells played) .. but 2 Looter Il-Kor can be squeezed in anyway. I think 9/10/11 creatures playable with 2 mana only is quite a good number to be able to connect a Mist-Clan Naga with Ninjutsu as soon as possible if we have it. If we cast him normally (unless turn 1) it would be quite easy for an opponent to set a blocker as far as he does not have any evasive quality.

Maybe ?

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Chrome Mox *
    8 Island
    2 Seat of The Synod *

4 Force of Will
    4 Chalice of The Void *

4 Cloud of Faeries
    2 Warkite Marauder or Spellstutter Sprite or Looter Il-Kor or Stratus Dancer
    3 Walking Ballista *
    2 Phyrexian Revoker **

4 Mist-Clan Naga
    4 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Trinket Mage *
    4 Tribute Mage **

2 Umezawa's Jitte **
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass **

It is 61 .. 1 cart to cut

Sideboard
    2 Tormod's Crypt *
    2 Winter Orb **
    3 Misdirection
    4 Painter's Servant **
    4 Grindstone *

The Painter's combo should be generally sided in against all non-brainstorm decks :
    Death and Texas, Humans and Maverik (playing Chalice is a waste of time and nearly useless)
    Dragon Stompy, Eldrazi, Affinity... Chalice decks in general
    Lands, Loam and Dark Depth
    ... Show and Tell ... why not ?!

In other news, Watcher for Tomorrow looks good, I'm thinking it could be a Looter replacement?
    I actually don't think it's any good. It seems comparable to Elvish Visionary, and is probably worse. Looter at least is unblockable and connects with Jitte while it's looting. And it generates card filtering every turn.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

I think it's time to seriously consider a full-on artifact/blue stompy shell too (in addition to the current prison shell TAW deck). Urza seems like yet another card that'd be very strong in such a shell and there's such a wealth of cards that are both, blue spells and artifacts that I think FoW would be very much so playable there. Easy Chalices, choice of Mages (now we have real selection between Trophy Mage, Trinket Mate and Tribute Mage), some Ballistas, perhaps some utility PWs, probably some Karns and probably TAW if the artifact count is high enough. The end of the Saga is just such a brutal beating that it acts as a finisher and a card advantage engine all in one. Compared to Steel Stompy the curve would be higher and the deck would be much heavier on card advantage (like all the potential blue cards á la Mages, Whirler Rogue, Urza, etc. are immediate card advantage) and since it seems less tricky and would rely more on power than synergies, anti-artifact effects á la Null Rod would be less brutal (though any deck that runs artifact lands and moxen would of course hate to see the card).

I think it's time to seriously consider a full-on artifact/blue stompy shell too (in addition to the current prison shell TAW deck). Urza seems like yet another card that'd be very strong in such a shell and there's such a wealth of cards that are both, blue spells and artifacts that I think FoW would be very much so playable there. Easy Chalices, choice of Mages (now we have real selection between Trophy Mage, Trinket Mate and Tribute Mage), some Ballistas, perhaps some utility PWs, probably some Karns and probably TAW if the artifact count is high enough. The end of the Saga is just such a brutal beating that it acts as a finisher and a card advantage engine all in one. Compared to Steel Stompy the curve would be higher and the deck would be much heavier on card advantage (like all the potential blue cards á la Mages, Whirler Rogue, Urza, etc. are immediate card advantage) and since it seems less tricky and would rely more on power than synergies, anti-artifact effects á la Null Rod would be less brutal (though any deck that runs artifact lands and moxen would of course hate to see the card).
    You mean something like this ?

https://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=30770&iddeck=261712

1 Sai, Master Thopterist
    1 Walking Ballista
    2 Etched Champion
    4 Master of Etherium
    4 Ornithopter

4 Force of Will

4 Thoughtcast

4 Ensoul Artifact
    4 The Antiquities War

4 Karn, Scion of Urza

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Opal

1 Academy Ruins
    1 Inventors' Fair
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Seat of the Synod
    7 Island

Blue cards are 21 ... quite a little number ... but at least runs mox opal which does not need a blue card to pitch

Just to give a report. sorry for my english . i will check this during the week

4:2 something more that 40 players
    Deck list

Main:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 City of Traitors
    1 Seat of the Synod
    10 Snow-Covered Island

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Force of Will

3 Looter il-Kor
    4 Sphinx of Foresight
    3 Nimble obstrutionist
    3 Trinket Mage
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Walking Ballista
    3 Sea drake
    3 Mist-Syndicate Naga

3 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Umezawa's Jitte

total:60

Sideboard :

3 Back to Basics
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Misdirection
    1 Rushing river
    1Tormod’s crypt
    2 Venser
    1 Aether Spell bomb

ELdrazi
    game 1
    Eldrazi Aggro : round 1 eldrazi start with chalice 1, i cast a looter
    round 2 Matter Reshaper ...ninjizu Mist-Syndicate Naga. 3 damage
    round 3 eldrazi cast jitte but did't have enough mana to equip.eldrazi did'nt attack. Mist-syndicate went in for 6.i did't play spell to keep 3 mana open
    round 4 eldrazi equiped jitte and attack. i did a stifle with nimble . mist sindicate (4 ) went in to finish the job
    game 2 or 3 (not sure). if i rember well back to basic and jitte did the job .

Elf combo. here i lose really badly
    never played vs elf combo (my wife let's my go to a tournament every 4-5 month's)

lose game 1 (wrong use of force and mulligan to 5)
    lose game 2 (i did't think that elf could side in abrut decay to kill my jitte)

mana less dredge

game 1 lost
    game 2 boujuka bog + sea drake , did the job .tormod's cript put the gravestone on this slower dredge (i forgot to side out force of will.rusty)
    game 3 boujuka bog , no sea drake but the naga did the job

snow and tell + sneck attack

game 1 fast win .
    game 2 lost
    game 3 chalice + force and a fast clock make me win. naga forever

strange dredge-reanimator mixture. red-black with blood ghast , carrion feeder creature , bridge from below .

game 1. i just win. old fast stompy stile.
    game 2 . did the wrong side (+ 3 back to basic) and pay for it
    game 3. side ok .boujuka did something but not enough to stop it. no sea drake (no up and down of boujuka) no trinket to find find tormod's cypt . some wrong play. game lost

miracle
    i win game 1 and 3 thx to chalice (game 1 i used a couple of nimble to stifle lands....don't know if this small mana denial was worth it. game 3 i keep a hand with a couple of force and i wait for the chalice ).

to change : main + 1 looter - 1 sphinx
    side -1 Aether Spell bomb . maybe a Grafdigger's Cage

the naga+ looter couple did a great job i
    sphinx is still so and so
    nimble some time shine sometime it is just a bit too weak
    looter was always great
    truename didn't get a nice match up to shine

What if there was a way we could get away with dedicating only 10 total slots to our threat package, put everything else towards disruption, card selection and mana, and still end up with a much much faster clock than traditional Faeirie Stompy lists?

This goal is what led me to this take on the deck...

11 Island
    4 Khalni Garden
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Mox Diamond

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Force of Will
    3 Misdirection

4 Polymorph
    4 Proteus Staff
    2 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Callous Dismissal
    4 Intuition
    2 Abstruse Interference
    1 Lazotep Plating
    1 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

I only wish there was room to squeeze in a Lightning Greaves or two without hurting the deck’s consistency. But there’s nothing that I am willing to cut. Even the 3 Misdirection are necessary to be able to Intuition for a Misdirection when Misdirection would lead to a blow out in your favor (happens a lot more often than you would think... vs removal, hymn etc).

Just some highlights. Protues Staff lets you stack your entire deck and put Jace on top if you somehow end up with both Emrakuls in your hand. Lazotep hard counters Tendrils of Agony. And most importantly, Saheeli gives Emrakul haste by making a token that doesnt have summoning sickness into a copy of Emrakul.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    What if there was a way we could get away with dedicating only 10 total slots to our threat package, put everything else towards disruption, card selection and mana, and still end up with a much much faster clock than traditional Faeirie Stompy lists?

This goal is what led me to this take on the deck...

11 Island
    4 Khalni Garden
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Mox Diamond

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Force of Will
    3 Misdirection

4 Polymorph
    4 Proteus Staff

4 Callous Dismissal
    4 Intuition
    2 Abstruse Interference
    1 Lazotep Plating

I only wish there was room to squeeze in a Lightning Greaves or two without hurting the deck’s consistency. But there’s nothing that I am willing to cut. Even the 3 Misdirection are necessary to be able to Intuition for a Misdirection when Misdirection would lead to a blow out in your favor (happens a lot more often than you would think... vs removal, hymn etc).

Just some highlights. Protues Staff lets you stack your entire deck and put Jace on top if you somehow end up with both Emrakuls in your hand. Lazotep hard counters Tendrils of Agony. And most importantly, Saheeli gives Emrakul haste by making a token that doesnt have summoning sickness into a copy of Emrakul.
    Karn fetches out Proteus Staff, too. Why two Emrakuls if you can stack JTMS on top and Brainstorm the singleton back in? Also Mox Diamond is vicious card disadvantage without access to Crucible or Loam.

I suspect Saheeli is stronger than Abstruse and Lazotep (also Abstruse doesn't pitch to Force/Misdirection).

Karn fetches out Proteus Staff, too.
    Yes it does. Would work well in a more controllish shell. The build I posted is more aggro, akin to Faerie Stompy and Karn is a bit slower than what I was going for.

I suppose moving a Proteus Staff and a Chalice to the sideboard and replacing 2 Intuition with KGC is worth trying. KGC could also grab Ornithopter/Phyrexian Revoker/Phyrexian Metamorph from the sideboard when you need a creature.

Probably worth testing this build (I will need to work on getting some KGC and a Lattice first)...

11 Island
    4 Khalni Garden
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    3 Mox Diamond

4 Force of Will
    3 Misdirection
    3 Chalice of the Void

4 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Polymorph
    3 Proteus Staff

4 Callous Dismissal
    2 Intuition
    2 Abstruse Interference
    1 Lazotep Plating

Sideboard:
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Proteus Staff
    1 Ornithopter
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Swiftfoot Boots
    Other silver bullets (Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, Phyrexian Metamorph etc)

This version sure looks like it could do quite well in Modern as well with a few changes.

Why two Emrakuls if you can stack JTMS on top and Brainstorm the singleton back in? Also Mox Diamond is vicious card disadvantage without access to Crucible or Loam.
    Because the JTMS route is too slow/takes too long, and only works with Proteus Staff, not Polymorph. Mox Diamond is no worse than Chrome Mox in terms of Card Disadvantage.

I suspect Saheeli is stronger than Abstruse and Lazotep (also Abstruse doesn't pitch to Force/Misdirection).
    Yes it probably is, however, the manabase cannot support Saheeli. A more controllish list that doesn't play City of Traitors/Ancient Tomb could go this route (perhaps MUC), but such a list wouldn't be able to support Chalice of the Void either.

Thread Information