Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

Re: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

I really like this deck idea and the new set just leaked.

Porcelain Legionaire, Phyrexian Metamorph and Moltensteel Dragon are all exactly the kick in the pants this deck needed. Metamorph duplicates your Dragons, Wurmcoils and your opponents Dreadnoughts, Tombstalkers, Progenitus and Emrakuls.

Legionnaire is a fantastic two drop due to the first strike.

Moltentail is a solid 4 drop artifact dragon since it flies and you can trade your life to pump it and do the last bit of damage.

Moltensteel Dragon 4PP
    Artifact Creature - Dragon
    4/4
    (P) can be paid with R or 2 life
    Flying
    P: Moltensteel Dragon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

Replace the crappier cards with these and this deck is ready to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    I really like this deck idea and the new set just leaked.

Porcelain Legionaire, Phyrexian Metamorph and Moltensteel Dragon are all exactly the kick in the pants this deck needed. Metamorph duplicates your Dragons, Wurmcoils and your opponents Dreadnoughts, Tombstalkers, Progenitus and Emrakuls.

Legionnaire is a fantastic two drop due to the first strike.

Moltentail is a solid 4 drop artifact dragon since it flies and you can trade your life to pump it and do the last bit of damage.

Moltensteel Dragon 4PP
    Artifact Creature - Dragon
    4/4
    (P) can be paid with R or 2 life
    Flying
    P: Moltensteel Dragon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

Replace the crappier cards with these and this deck is ready to fly.
    Ok, please stop this. Posting the same message in three decks (and counting) is not cool, especially when the decks are as diverse as these

Splitting time between Legacy, EDH and Alterations
    Sep 2007
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Anyone has a Faerie Stompy list post New Phyrexia? I truely believe stompy is well positioned now to take over because of Mental Misstep-aggro that is bound to rise. Lets rape all those 1 drops! Here's my wack at it:

4 Force
    4 Mulldrifter
    4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Spined Thopther (Wow, is this card good or what, able to be cast of just a tomb or chrom+land T1)
    4 Porcelain Legionaire (Ideal size against aggro, first strike is sick)
    4 Trinket Mage
    3 Sower

4 Chalice
    1 Sigil
    2 Sofi
    3 Jitte
    4 Chrome

1 Seat of the synod
    10 island
    4 Tomb
    4 City

Imo, there are simply too many good alternatives to the Drake now. Drake gets fried easily because of it's 3 backside and it really sets you back as it is usually one of the last cards you drop from your hand. Having + 8 T1 plays with 4 Thopther and Legionaire seems like a major upgrade for me.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Quote Originally Posted by ivanpei View Post
    Anyone has a Faerie Stompy list post New Phyrexia? I truely believe stompy is well positioned now to take over because of Mental Misstep-aggro that is bound to rise. Lets rape all those 1 drops! Here's my wack at it:

4 Force
    4 Mulldrifter
    4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Spined Thopther (Wow, is this card good or what, able to be cast of just a tomb or chrom+land T1)
    4 Porcelain Legionaire (Ideal size against aggro, first strike is sick)
    4 Trinket Mage
    3 Sower

4 Chalice
    1 Sigil
    2 Sofi
    3 Jitte
    4 Chrome

1 Seat of the synod
    10 island
    4 Tomb
    4 City

Imo, there are simply too many good alternatives to the Drake now. Drake gets fried easily because of it's 3 backside and it really sets you back as it is usually one of the last cards you drop from your hand. Having + 8 T1 plays with 4 Thopther and Legionaire seems like a major upgrade for me.
    I was going to post something like "wut needs moar Sea Drake", but I think this is pretty solid.

I'd still run 4 Missteps though!

I would not get that excited about New Phyrexia.

Mental Misstep -> Bad, we run Chalice of the Void for a reason, and we avoid playing cards with cmc1
    Porcelain Legionnaire -> Weak, no evasion, small compared to Goyf, not blue, not pitchable to FoW, not pitchable to Chrome Mox
    Spined Thopter -> I thought this could be included, but then read it twice. Do we actually need a bad beater in this deck? Also, not pitchable to FoW/Chrome Mox. I definitely think Phyrexian Revoker is a better 2 cmc drop. You need guys which do something. A 2/1 flyer for 2 is unimpressive at best.
    RW Sword -> I was really looking forward to it, but it's disappointed me, as usual. SoFI is still the best sword out there for this deck.

Conclusion: No modifications will be done to Faerie Stompy. If Mental Misstep starts seeing play as a 4-of, we get quite benefited about it :)

May 2010
    bologna, italy

totally agree.

the only card I think could be interestin to add in the 75 is phyrexian metamorph

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1303185738

does phyrexian revoker's ability triggers if we play metamorph with a revoker already on board and we copy our 2/1 artifact ?

anyway I'm not sure I would play it maindeck because I play 4 X revokers and pitchs for mox would be too low in count.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Yes, Metamorph trigger all triggered ability of copied creatures when it enter into play.

I don't know if Moltensteel should be ignored completely. It could work as a 2 of. If youve already dealt some damage to your opponent, you can sometimes use fire firebreathing to deal 10+ damage in one turn to finish them off. It sucks that it's not blue Phyrexian mana though.

Oil Sheikh
    May 2007
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I would not get that excited about New Phyrexia.

Mental Misstep -> Bad, we run Chalice of the Void for a reason, and we avoid playing cards with cmc1
    Porcelain Legionnaire -> Weak, no evasion, small compared to Goyf, not blue, not pitchable to FoW, not pitchable to Chrome Mox
    Spined Thopter -> I thought this could be included, but then read it twice. Do we actually need a bad beater in this deck? Also, not pitchable to FoW/Chrome Mox. I definitely think Phyrexian Revoker is a better 2 cmc drop. You need guys which do something. A 2/1 flyer for 2 is unimpressive at best.
    RW Sword -> I was really looking forward to it, but it's disappointed me, as usual. SoFI is still the best sword out there for this deck.

Conclusion: No modifications will be done to Faerie Stompy. If Mental Misstep starts seeing play as a 4-of, we get quite benefited about it :)
    I more than 100% agree with this, and couldn't have said it better. That being said, I am excited about NPH, especially that new 1cc free counter, because chalice is going to wreck the decks that play it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by marit View Post
    I more than 100% agree with this, and couldn't have said it better. That being said, I am excited about NPH, especially that new 1cc free counter, because chalice is going to wreck the decks that play it hard.
    Well, the new free counter is a dead card against us anyway so chalice doesn't really matter.

Indeed too bad the white/red sword sucks, rly thought it would be something good to throw in this list.

Oil Sheikh
    May 2007
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by blaat View Post
    Well, the new free counter is a dead card against us anyway so chalice doesn't really matter.

Indeed too bad the white/red sword sucks, rly thought it would be something good to throw in this list.
    That's the point, practically every deck will be running it, and it will only hurt their matchup with us.

Well Known For Being Well-Known
    Oct 2007
    Milan, Italy

Hello guys, I'm Andrew from Italy and this is my opinion on Faerie Stompy.
    Actually my list is:

4 Sea Drake
    4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Mulldrifter
    4 Trinket Mage
    4 Sower of Temptation

2 Umezawa Jitte
    4 Sword of Light and Shadow

4 Force of Will
    4 Chalice of the Void

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Relic of Progenitus

3 Chrome Mox
    1 Shoreline Ranger

9 Island
    1 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

SB:
    3 Back to Basics
    3 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Propaganda
    1 Tormod Crypt
    4 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engeneered Explosives

--------------------------------------
    And this is why:

4 Sea Drake
    4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Mulldrifter
    4 Trinket Mage
    4 Sower of Temptation

I think this is pretty much Faerie Stompy's core. Mulldrifter is pretty insane, it works well with Sword of Light and Shadow and wipes away Bridge from Below while being super easy to cast. Sower of Temptation is amazing and I always loved it 4x, also Italian meta is very aggro oriented. Emrakul, Tarmogoyf, Knight of the Reliquary, you name it: she is going to win you games so many times I cannot imagine this deck with 3 of them, but I can consider her as a 3x if we substitute her with a creature as good as her.
    ---

2 Umezawa Jitte

I think this deck need something between 5 and 7 equipments, so I always tried 6. Works fine for me but I guess I should try the new sword and/or cut a Sword for a Basilisk Collar or a Sigil of Distinction.
    Jitte in my opinion is a 2x since more will get you stuck.
    I love SoL&S because it gives me recursion but I rarely abused it more than once with Mulldrifter. I'll test the new Phyrexian sword and let you know soon. I guess it will rock with pure damage race potential combined with incredible removal protection but only time will tell.
    Sometimes you don't need a Chalice, you need to tutor an equipment and swing for the win but Sigil is life heavy (Ancient Tomb is sexy and lethal) and Collar does not really help with the final blow and also clashes with Chalice.
    With 6 equipments however, I found myself stuck with Swords on the field AND another equipment in my hand, when I just needed a creature.
    In the end, this is a part of the deck that makes me wonder a lot.
    ---
    4 Force of Will
    4 Chalice of the Void

3 Chrome Mox
    1 Shoreline Ranger

9 Island
    1 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

As many already said, Shoreline Ranger is pretty good for many reasons and it is used instead of a Mox, not instead of an Island. I will always use him, I never saw a hand when I wanted Mox instead of him. Also mid_late good topdeck and Force of Will best friend. Superior.
    Others are just standard Faerie Stompy cards, I just wanted to point out that I don't feel ashamed to use a random Force on a Mox if this can net me a fast Chalice @ 2. Chalice @ 2 nowadays is the best Chalice we can play, imho.
    ---

1 Pithing Needle
    1 Relic of Progenitus

I think this deck needs 1 or 2 dedicated toolbox slots, a swiss army knife, because believe it or not, we cannot win by playin a Chalice and then ignoring anything our opponent does. A maindeck Needle always worked for me, Relic helps me in G1 against Tarmo and random graveyard combo/recursion decks. I am considering a maindeck Crypt instead, but I will always have at least 1 slot for my Trinket Mage's toolbox.
    About Jace I think he is awesome. This guy can be cast on 2nd turn and win us the game. Not with his final ability but with pure card advantage.
    Faerie Stompy cannot respond to any creature without him and he also can give us some nice manipulation over both decks while we drop bombs, bounce defenders or negate our enemy the chance to save from our lock. Pure strenght, 2x because he is legendary etc...
    --------

3 Back to Basics
    3 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Propaganda
    1 Tormod Crypt
    4 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engeneered Explosives

Back to Basics can lock a lot of nasty, nasty, NASTY decks out there, period.
    Swords are against combo for a fast kill or for protection for specific colours. Maybe after testing the new sword I'll switch also SB swords but I think that we will always need some swords in the sideboard.
    Propaganda is kind of an empty slot and I'm considering the new Metamorph to clone some Progenitus etc..
    Glen Elendra Archmage is Sower's counterpart so if I see 12 creatures or less I'll swap those immediatly.
    ------

Basically this is not a "rate my build" kind of post. I would like to share opinions based on experience and see what you think about:

- General legacy Meta and its evolution, since Green Sun's Zenith can blast our Chalice strategy pronto and Jace and other planeswalkers can ruin our game by avoiding our Chalice and givin card advantage.
    - Equipments: how many? Which Sword is better? Do we need a Trinket Equipment?
    - Answers: can we answer a threat?
    - Random stuff: should we add 3 or 4 Trinisphere to the main? Is it pure madness?
    Excuse my errors, English is not my native language. I'm Italian.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....

I've been using Jace the Mind Man since he came out in Worldwake but I haven't seen much talk if any about him. I've been playing this deck for like 3 or 4 years and in my experience he is a great addition to the deck. What do you guys think of him?

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Nordlund View Post
    I've been using Jace the Mind Man since he came out in Worldwake but I haven't seen much talk if any about him. I've been playing this deck for like 3 or 4 years and in my experience he is a great addition to the deck. What do you guys think of him?
    I've been happy with him, but only with 1-2 copies. Any more and they clog/slow you down.
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

May 2010
    bologna, italy

Quote Originally Posted by Rinello View Post
    Hello guys, I'm Andrew from Italy and this is my opinion on Faerie Stompy.
    Actually my list is:

4 Sea Drake
    4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Mulldrifter
    4 Trinket Mage
    4 Sower of Temptation

2 Umezawa Jitte

4 Force of Will
    4 Chalice of the Void

1 Pithing Needle
    1 Relic of Progenitus

3 Chrome Mox
    1 Shoreline Ranger

9 Island
    1 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors

SB:
    3 Back to Basics
    3 Sword of Fire and Ice
    2 Propaganda
    1 Tormod Crypt
    4 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Engeneered Explosives

Basically this is not a "rate my build" kind of post. I would like to share opinions based on experience and see what you think about:

- General legacy Meta and its evolution, since Green Sun's Zenith can blast our Chalice strategy pronto and Jace and other planeswalkers can ruin our game by avoiding our Chalice and givin card advantage.
    - Equipments: how many? Which Sword is better? Do we need a Trinket Equipment?
    - Answers: can we answer a threat?
    - Random stuff: should we add 3 or 4 Trinisphere to the main? Is it pure madness?
    Hi Rinello. Nice to see I'm not the only one in Italy playing Faerie Stompy (even I play control most times).
    I personally like your list, But I don't actually agree on the strategy behind your build.
    I explain myself better _ there are 2 ways to play faerie stompy. One is the aggro aproach, one is the aggro control approach. you are playing FS like an aggro control, in fact you are worried about what is you opponent doing using 4sower of temptation 4SoL&S 2Jace TMS 1relic 5 anti-aggro slot in your side...
    I think that the strenght of the archetype is the big pressure it can give you opponent. This deck can race any opponent thread by being more fast than your opponent without using 4cc spells (which are even not that easy to cast as far as you are not wasteland immune). Attack is out best defense ! Let your opponent worry about what you play, not the opposite.
    myself I'm playing Djinn's list
    22 mana sources

4 cloud of faeries
    4 serendib efreet
    4 sea drake
    4 trinket mage
    4 phyrexian revoker
    3 pestermite

4 force of will
    4 chalice of the void

3 SoF&I
    3 jitte
    1 sigil

side:
    3 misdirection (a must)
    3 sower of temptation
    3 between: 2/3jace TMS, 2glen elendra, 2/1Llawan, 1masticore (these slot depends on the meta)
    3 back to basics
    1 needle
    1 tormod's crypt
    1 e.e.

to my view jace maindeck is not good:
    what you want to have is your opening hand is:
    2/3 mana sources, 1 trinket mage/FoW/chalice, + dudes and equipments.
    maybe can be a nice sideboard.

Rinello: FS shoud beat aggro decks maindeck quite easily, you shouldn't need swords and propaganda in your side.

How are your test going and you match ups ?

With so many more control decks in the field because MM hype I feel that Jace is stronger main deck now until the meta settles down a little I really like him as a 2 of. Jace isn't that bad in your opening hand. I usually get him in the late game which is where he shines. I might even run him as a 3 of. My match-ups seem to be good for the most part. The junk decks and other green decks seem to be the hardest. I was thinking maybe submerge SB.

My current list

4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Seat of the Synod
    10 Island
    4 Trinket Mage
    3 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Sea Drake
    4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Mulldrifter
    2 Sower of Temptation
    1 Shoreline Ranger
    4 Force of Will
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Chrome Mox
    1 Sigil of Distinction
    SB: 1 Sower of Temptation
    SB: 1 Engineered Explosives
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 Back to Basics
    SB: 3 Misdirection
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 3 Glen Elendra Archmage

Mar 2008
    Boa Vista RR (in the brazilian jungle)

9 Island
    1 Seat of Synod
    4 Ancient tomb
    4 City of traitors
    4 Chrome mox

4 Serendib Efreet
    4 Sea Drake
    4 Mulldrifter
    2 Jace TMS

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Force of Will

4 Phyrexian Revoker
    4 Trinket Mage
    1 Chimeric Mass
    1 Sigil of Distinction
    3 Treasure Mage
    2 Blatterskull
    1 Eldrazi Monument

Jace is crazy
    Revoker is played in Dragon Stompy...

I replaced 4 Swords and 2 Jitte with,
    3 Tutors with legs for...
    2 Blatterskull costs 5 Mana, just like an equipped sword and the token is also nice
    Eldrazi Monument is a card that can win games. Turning Mages into 3/3 indestructible, flyers is awesome. In Standard it was rediculus ...

Nov 2006
    Lithuania, Vilnius

„When Treasure Mage enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost 6 or greater, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.“

Er...you tutor for what exactly with this?
    I haven't tried Batterskull, but we get to 5 mana not too often, and unequipped Drakes and Efreets aren't too scary these days, I'm afraid. Either way, let us know how the testing will go.

Has anybody tried Porcellain Legionnaire? 2 additional loss of life is bad, but it has some evasion and is more aggressive than Revoker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Game 3: turn 1: Chalice@1, turn 2: Sea Drake, turn 3: equip Sea Drake with SoFI. Drakes from the sea with flaming swords which are also frozen at the same time cause destruction of Biblical proportions. Just the way God intended.

Batterskull costs too much and Legionnaire doesn't have flying nor does it add any utility like Revoker does. Though one thing that I have come across that I find I'm having trouble with is Llawan. People are running him in alot more sideboards now and I haven't really figured out how to deal with him other than Jace or Revoker with equipment.

Nov 2006
    Lithuania, Vilnius

Yeah, Llavan is one of the reasons I'm trying to look into things like Legionnaire and Moltensteel Dragon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeggi View Post
    Game 3: turn 1: Chalice@1, turn 2: Sea Drake, turn 3: equip Sea Drake with SoFI. Drakes from the sea with flaming swords which are also frozen at the same time cause destruction of Biblical proportions. Just the way God intended.

Thread Information