Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

Re: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Because the JTMS route is too slow/takes too long, and only works with Proteus Staff, not Polymorph. Mox Diamond is no worse than Chrome Mox in terms of Card Disadvantage.
    Mox Diamond is only mana-fixing / mana accel in this list. It doesn't add mana sources - so you can effectively cut all Diamonds and not affect the manabase (since they don't actually count as lands). That gives you access to more gas in this deck. I had the same awkwardness in an As Foretold deck.

I suspect going all in on the Emrakul plan leaves you susceptible to certain kinds of disruption - IDK, Ensnaring Bridge, The Abyss, other things I can't think of. Venser, O Ring effects. I think it's a good idea to diversify your threat package, such as through Karn GC and more JTMS. I hate having one type of threat esp in a prison deck. If my opponent can efficiently answer that, then it's a real struggle to win a game.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Re: [Deck] Faerie Stompy

While I'm not sure it's enough to push the deck into the limelight, Stonecoil Serpent is another nice X-drop to go with Trinket Mage. It's "only" 3/3 for 3 but you can easily upcast it for a lot and while it does die to an awful lot of removal (Bolt and Abrupt Decay/Assassin's Trophy are the only ones I can think of that don't kill it regularly), it's a nice big fat body to fetch up with the Mage. Of course, we're at the point where the Mages themselves are kinda anemic and what we'd really need is some great 0-1 or X-mana equipment for them to fetch but still, between Walking Ballista, Hangarback Walker and Stonecoil, the creature toolbox for Trinket Mage is getting quite decent.

Thread Information