Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undefeated with Thopter Foundry

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

Re: Undefeated with Thopter Foundry

Oh, come on shut up. This is a discussion on a tournamen report not on Null Rod. If you want to talk about Null Rod open a [SCD].

Btw as I already stated there is a sideboard that can adapt to Null Rod if the problem will arise.

You too. - Bardo
    Last edited by Bardo; 04-19-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    Team Stimato

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    He told you a foil from Time Spiral was Summer?
    This man must be a Jedi.

Banned

Mar 2010
    Unwanted islands

Quote Originally Posted by pippo84 View Post
    Oh, come on shut up. This is a discussion on a tournamen report not on Null Rod. If you want to talk about Null Rod open a [SCD].
    oh, shut the fuck up. all I did was ask a question and a group of jackasses came out of the woodwork to argue, when that wasnt my intent at all. if you want to talk about and play some janky pile thats your business. I really dont give a shit about you or your tier over 9000 deck, I was just making a point about how easy it is to beat.

Warning. - Bardo
    Last edited by Bardo; 04-19-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Jan 2010
    Davis, CA

At the risk of dragging on the Null Rod discussion... I run a single Tropical Island and Krosan Grips in the board. The addition of green also enables EE to go to 3.

More on topic... I love this deck. I run pretty much your list, minus Tezzy and some other stuff for 3x Trinket Mage and 1x Meekstone. Trinket Mage helps us find Top, EE, (in my case) Meekstone, Pithing Needle, GY hate card of choice, and artifact lands for mana fixing. It's also a blocker when necessary, which is quite relevant in some matchups. Overall though, this deck is really fun to play and will be my mainstay for a while.

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

I will also try the green splash. At the tournament I didn't feel it was necessary, but having Krosan Grip in the board is always nice!
    I played against a deck with Trinket Mage, and I think he is strong as a tutor and as an additional beater I'm not so sold on them in this list. Enemy removal spells are totaly useless against this deck and I'm not sure that giving them some targets is good. Needs testing..
    Team Stimato

This man must be a Jedi.

They call me a slob, but I do my job...
    Sep 2009
    Back to the city by the sea, blowin' in the wind, fighting with hordes of retired people

Quote Originally Posted by Xaul Zan View Post
    oh, shut the fuck up. all I did was ask a question and a group of jackasses came out of the woodwork to argue, when that wasnt my intent at all. if you want to talk about and play some janky pile thats your business. I really dont give a shit about you or your tier over 9000 deck, I was just making a point about how easy it is to beat.
    In a desperate hope you aren't just trolling, and referring to your previous post, please answer: why would you pack in your sideboard a card that is very marginally effective against the tiers of the format only to combat a deck which represents a very small percentage of the field? I don't have to read the card, I know it very well. Against gobbo and merfolks it stops vial, and maybe jitte. It doesn't look really that exciting. Needle looks superior, given this meta.

You're right that this deck needs another win con, however, this was pointed out in my first reply to the report.

@pippo and sclabman

About the green splash: do you think is worth it only for K. Grip? After all, white can deal pretty effectively with atifacts and enchantaments on its own. Something I thought a bit about, however, is the possibility of running a transformational sideboard, gambling on the fact that people will probably side out removal and playing 4xgoyf G2 as a b-plan. Do you think it's something viable?
    Last edited by Cthuloo; 04-19-2010 at 03:55 AM.
    Team Stimato Ezio: You're off the team!

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.
    -Kierkegaard

Banned

Mar 2010
    Unwanted islands

Quote Originally Posted by pippo84 View Post
    I will also try the green splash. At the tournament I didn't feel it was necessary, but having Krosan Grip in the board is always nice!
    good, run grip. even if the comment wasnt directed at me, its nice to see there is some consideration about what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthuloo View Post
    In a desperate hope you aren't just trolling, and referring to your previous post, please answer: why would you pack in your sideboard a card that is very marginally effective against the tiers of the format only to combat a deck which represents a very small percentage of the field? I don't have to read the card, I know it very well. Against gobbo and merfolks it stops vial, and maybe jitte. It doesn't look really that exciting. Needle looks superior, given this meta.

You're right that this deck needs another win con, however, this was pointed out in my first reply to the report.
    would a punch in the dick help you believe me ? I kind of thought you were trolling with all the nonsense you posted. null rod shits on a lot of the same things needle does, but globally without having to target. killing multiple birds with one stone, so to speak. however, x4 goyf out the board sounds interesting.

Warning. - Bardo
    Last edited by Bardo; 04-19-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Trample, Haste
    Mar 2009
    Italy

Adding Goyfs to the board will be tested when I'll try the green splash.
    Team Stimato

This man must be a Jedi.

is the freaking Zoo-ru!
    Jun 2008
    Good ole boondocks, GA

NullRod is boss as hell, end of story. It shuts down so much random shit. And makes Combo easier for whatever deck you're playing it in.
    Dead or Alive, you're coming with me.
    -Robocop-

Banned

Mar 2010
    Unwanted islands

Quote Originally Posted by Loxodon Baileyarch View Post
    NullRod is boss as hell, end of story. It shuts down so much random shit. And makes Combo easier for whatever deck you're playing it in.

I'll put Null rod in my affinity sideboard, those counter top players wont know what hit them, muajajajaja.

Now, AJ Sacher had 1 tropical island main in order to reach 3rd colour for explosives and to be able to play 4 tarmogoyfs, 3 grips and 1 sylvan library in the sideboard.

Has anyone consdiered Baneslayer Angel in the sideboard. It's very expensive but it wins games on its own (post board your opponent has probably taken out the creature removal).

Just a thought - my friend played a deck like this with 2 Jace 2.0 in it as his alt win condition. Fatesealing is very powerful once you start tutoring up your combo pieces; because it allows you to go in with little to no combo protection. Just an idea.

A somewhat janky card suggestion:

Calcite Snapper.

He does a couple things for us:

- He has a fat ass, so he can chump lots of creatures from zoo and such all day.

- He has Shroud, so targeted removal from other decks continues to be dead.

- Land drops allows him to deal four damage, giving us a faster clock.

Draw Backs:

- Can't equip him.

- Somewhat slow at 3 mana.

- Has bad synergy with Humility and/or Moat.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by JACO View Post
    pippo84, thanks for the writeup. Did you feel that 21 mana sources was enough for the deck?

Q. Who actually plays Null Rod in Legacy tournaments?
    A. Reanimator players
    Fixed!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Thread Information