Page 127 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 3566

Thread: [Deck] Elves Combo

Re: [Deck] Elves Combo

10 Forest
    2 Gaea's Cradle
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    2 Vengevine
    1 Regal Force
    1 Priest of Titania
    1 Viridian Shaman
    3 Fauna Shaman
    3 Llanowar Elves
    4 Elvish Visionary
    4 Wirewood Symbiote
    4 Nettle Sentinel
    4 Quirion Ranger
    4 Heritage Druid
    2 Fyndhorn Elves
    1 Ezuri, Renegade Leader
    4 Glimpse of Nature
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    SB: 1 Vengevine
    SB: 2 Meekstone
    SB: 3 Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 1 Dismember
    SB: 1 Krosan Grip
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 2 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 1 Mortarpod
    SB: 3 Thorn of Amethyst

I'm gonna play this list tomorrow. I'll tell u how it was.

Hi everyone! I played this deck a long time ago. Now things have changed and i have some comments for you:

How does Priest of titania make the things right now? Does it worth?
    Zenith replaces completely to Summoner's Pact?
    I'm testing a list with 14 lands (2 Craddles + 1 Dryad) and i often dont see any land in my opening 7. Which is the right land count?

Thx in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Hi everyone! I played this deck a long time ago. Now things have changed and i have some comments for you:

How does Priest of titania make the things right now? Does it worth?
    Zenith replaces completely to Summoner's Pact?
    I'm testing a list with 14 lands (2 Craddles + 1 Dryad) and i often dont see any land in my opening 7. Which is the right land count?

Thx in advance!
    Read previous posts and you'll find some help. By the way, since you say you've been out for a while check this article out :http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...vesPrimer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Godmode View Post
    Read previous posts and you'll find some help. By the way, since you say you've been out for a while check this article out :http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/l...vesPrimer.html
    Thx! Good article! I have some dislikes on puntual card choices.
    The first is the necesity of weaking the mana base with savannah and pendelhaven. I see no purpose on this since mono green variants provide pretty good stuff (except for entity).
    Second im not sure if chocing choord over pact is well justified. It's true that pact is awesome when you are going of but chord demands 4 mana for tutoring, i dont see indeed the significant advantage.

MortaPOD ANd macabre seemed great to me in the side (which has too many 1 of)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonryder124 View Post
    I considered him as a possible sideboard card until I read that he says "other elves" So he himself can still be destroyed. If he protected himself, this would be a different story.
    Steely resolve can't protect itself either, though. You're saying the because it's an enchantment it has enough protection?

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 2013 spoiler
    Yeva, Nature's Herald
    Legendary Creature - Elf Shaman
    Flash
    You may cast green creature cards as though they had flash.
    4/4
    This is kind of interesting. Good P/T ratio, good abilities (moreso if also running Arch/Priest) and just so happens to be an Elf as well. Do note the interaction with Symbiote/Visionary. Probably win more as it makes already good situations better and has bad synergy with GSZ, but worth keeping in mind should one want to run Summoner's Pact instead (as suboptimal as it is nowadays).

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitium View Post
    This is kind of interesting. Good P/T ratio, good abilities (moreso if also running Arch/Priest) and just so happens to be an Elf as well. Do note the interaction with Symbiote/Visionary. Probably win more as it makes already good situations better and has bad synergy with GSZ, but worth keeping in mind should one want to run Summoner's Pact instead (as suboptimal as it is nowadays).
    Card seems fun, but not really good. How is pact suboptimal? Pact is one of the best cards in the deck.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

5 RUG Delver- Won
    6 RUG Delver- Won
    7 RUG Delver- Won
    8 RUG Delver- Loss
    9 RUG Delver- Won
    In case you guys are wondering I Don't like playing against RUG anymore lol. well at least not more than once.
    LOL good job! Man I didn't realize the NE is so inbred with netdeckers. SMH
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Greg what do you board out for steely resolve and shusher against RUG?

First of all Mr. Sochacki, congrats on your great results with this particular Elves deck. At the moment, one question comes to mind: Do you play 1 Gaea's Cradle main deck by choice? I get the Living Wish synergy, but do you think 2 Cradles main deck and 1 sideboard would take a lot out of the consistensy from your inicial hands?

Ya I actually only run the one in the wishboard.The one main was already too risky for my list (13 land as well)

Sep 2008

One word comes to mind.
    Wasteland
    That and you have to remember I am only running 13 lands I often am stuck with only one land in my starting hand. If that land is a cradle then its a forced mulligan
    It's the same reason I don't play Dryad arbor
    Dryad Arbor replaces a Llanowar Elves, not a forest.

Dryad Arbor replaces a Llanowar Elves, not a forest.
    The problem with Arbor is that it's not an elf. There are so many things that llanowar can do that arbor cannot. Tapping for one mana is one of the least important things llanowar does, especially after Turn 1. Think about heritage, birchlore, symbiote, archdruid, and warcaller. That's 14-18 cards (depending on your build) that interact with llanowar but not arbor.

Sep 2008

So? Fyndhorn/Llanowar remain the weakest standalone creature in the deck by far and would scarcely justify their spots weren't it for the importance of having 3 mana on turn 2, interactions with other elves notwithstanding. Allowing the four GSZ MD to act as a turn 1 mana source is very much worth the opportunity cost of running one non-elf card.

Also for what it's worth Arbor interacts just fine with both Symbiote and Quirion Ranger (which can also bounce the Arbor itself if the situation warrants it).

Summoner's Pact is just outclassed by the other tutors available in most to all situations not involving a resolved Glimpse.

Would you keep a hand of glimpe,LLanowar elves, forest, and 3 Pacts? I would, because that's a turn 2 win. (note: as long as you know your opponent has no disruption/counter).
    And that's the gist of the problem right there. Even if we evade the worst case scenario of you losing to your own card are just so many turn 1/2 plays the opponent can make that strands those pacts in your hand.

So? Fyndhorn/Llanowar remain the weakest standalone creature in the deck by far and would scarcely justify their spots weren't it for the importance of having 3 mana on turn 2, interactions with other elves notwithstanding. Allowing the four GSZ MD to act as a turn 1 mana source is very much worth the opportunity cost of running one non-elf card.

Also for what it's worth Arbor interacts just fine with both Symbiote and Quirion Ranger (which can also bounce the Arbor itself if the situation warrants it).

Summoner's Pact is just outclassed by the other tutors available in most to all situations not involving a resolved Glimpse.

And that's the gist of the problem right there. Even if we evade the worst case scenario of you losing to your own card are just so many turn 1/2 plays the opponent can make that strands those pacts in your hand.
    Have you played with four pacts and made combo priority one? Try it, it's incredible. I've tested GSZ and it just makes the deck more stable at the cost of speed, and in elves, slowing the deck down is riskier than pact is.

Also, as I've stated many times earlier in this forum, a turn 2 pact for either heritage or archdruid in order to get archdruid on the field is a GOOD PLAY against most decks. Obviously there are a few exceptions, but you tap three elves to play archdruid and then they have to remove both archdruid and heritage in order for you to be unable to pay the pact, and depending on what your other 2 elves are you probably can still pay it. This play comes up a lot and it almost always turns out great for me when I make it.

Thoughts on the art/ench destruction wish target? Main options seem to be either viridian shaman or viridian zealot.

Pros for viridian shaman: one mana less to destroy artifact, and its a triggered ability so it gets around things that prevent activated abilities (though there aren't many)

Pros for viridian zealot: can destroy enchantments too

I've also heard sylvok replica suggested specifically for ethersworn canonist, so you can wish it and play it in the same turn. Probably not worth it for this specific case though, unless canonist sees a lot more play.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by k2thej View Post
    Thoughts on the art/ench destruction wish target? Main options seem to be either viridian shaman or viridian zealot.

Pros for viridian shaman: one mana less to destroy artifact, and its a triggered ability so it gets around things that prevent activated abilities (though there aren't many)

Pros for viridian zealot: can destroy enchantments too

I've also heard sylvok replica suggested specifically for ethersworn canonist, so you can wish it and play it in the same turn. Probably not worth it for this specific case though, unless canonist sees a lot more play.
    Pro for Viridian Shaman: Can be bounced with wirewood symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    Pro for Viridian Shaman: Can be bounced with wirewood symbiote.
    Very true! Totally forgot about that!

Shaman is obviously better for artifacts, I guess the question is do we need anything besides a couple grips in the board to deal with enchantments since we cant tutor for grips

Thread Information