Page 136 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 3566

Thread: [Deck] Elves Combo

Jun 2010
    Germany

Re: [Deck] Elves Combo

Currently, these infinite mana situations came to my mind:

#1: Mirror Entity + Nettle Sentinel + Heritage Druid + Wirewood Symbiote

#2: Mirror Entity + Priest of Titania + Wirewood Symbiote

#3: Mirror Entity + Heritage Druid + Wirewood Symbiote + Wirewood Symbiote

I know I might miss some but I don't know them all off the bat.
    Since I'm too lazy to explain them in detail:
    Basically, in every situation you activate Entity for 1 to make the Symbiotes creature type "Elf" so they can tap for mana or Priest produces more mana...then you can also bounce the Symbiotes themselves since they are Elves. Then you can replay Symbiote.
    This results in at least 1 extra mana left each time you do that. Meanwhile you untapped a creature with the symbiote effect and you are able to continue to tap for mana and use the Symbiote bounce again while ending up with an extra mana in the end
    -> infinite
    -> kill with big guys

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I always forget that Mirror Entity turns my elves into every creature...
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I changed up my SB a bit:

-1 Essence Warden
    -2 Armageddon (I know, I know controversial...)

+1 Thorn of Amethyst
    +2 Meekstone

I cut the Armageddons because they have been somewhat lackluster in my match ups, so I added a Thorn (for unfair decks) and Meekstones for Flying Spahetti Monster et Al.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

May 2011
    Louisiana

I have found Thorn of Amethyst to be pretty good against Show and Tell decks. Being able to slow that deck just one or two turns is crucial for us.

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    I have found Thorn of Amethyst to be pretty good against Show and Tell decks. Being able to slow that deck just one or two turns is crucial for us.
    Agreed. I always board 1xThalia and 2xToA in against them, together with 1xTeeg (Petals of Insight), 1xQasali (Omniscience/sneak attack) and double Humility. I have yet to loose to Sneak and Show/ Omnitell still. All this hate is really effective.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by RtR Spoiler
    Deathrite Shaman {B/G}
    Creature - Elf Shaman
    {T}: Exile target land from a graveyard. Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
    {B}, {T}: Exile target instant or sorcery card from a graveyard. Each opponent loses 2 life.
    {G}, {T}: Exile target creature card from a graveyard. You gain 2 life.
    1/2
    Say hello to your new favourite 4-of maindeck utility.

It's an Elf. It's 1cc. It synergizes with our untappers. It's a semi-reliable manasource with Fetchlands (yours or the opponents). It shrinks KotR. It eats Lavamancer food. It buys time versus aggressive decks. It survives Lackey -> Gempalm Incinerator. It's a maindeckable answer to Reanimator. Hell, if you're willing to make the splash (not that you have to) it's even decent reach as well as an answer to Snapcaster Shenanigans.

I mean seriously? This + Bayou + Quirion Ranger equals 4 unblockable damage per turn provided your opponent have stocked their graveyard. The best Elf card printed since Lorwyn. Crazy.

Sep 2012
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitium View Post
    Say hello to your new favourite 4-of maindeck utility.

It's an Elf. It's 1cc. It synergizes with our untappers. It's a semi-reliable manasource with Fetchlands (yours or the opponents). It shrinks KotR. It eats Lavamancer food. It buys time versus aggressive decks. It survives Lackey -> Gempalm Incinerator. It's a maindeckable answer to Reanimator. Hell, if you're willing to make the splash (not that you have to) it's even decent reach as well as an answer to Snapcaster Shenanigans.

I mean seriously? This + Bayou + Quirion Ranger equals 4 unblockable damage per turn provided your opponent have stocked their graveyard. The best Elf card printed since Lorwyn. Crazy.
    I must agree to an extent. 4of main deck I am not so sure about, whereas maindeck in general I see. Does it replace the need for Ooze? Asking because some decks run the 1 in main as opposed to SB.
    It isn't a for sure way to hit for mana, and hurts our turn 1 mana play as a 4of. I can see 2 in main honestly, and maybe the other in the SB. Of course its dependant on the meta, and while I think its great I really don't think 4 of will support the speed needed for the deck. Its a good 'backup' or something do when you have nothing else to do...but when you have nothing to do with this deck isn't it failing?

Quote Originally Posted by yaWgnorW View Post
    I must agree to an extent. 4of main deck I am not so sure about, whereas maindeck in general I see. Does it replace the need for Ooze? Asking because some decks run the 1 in main as opposed to SB.
    It isn't a for sure way to hit for mana, and hurts our turn 1 mana play as a 4of. I can see 2 in main honestly, and maybe the other in the SB. Of course its dependant on the meta, and while I think its great I really don't think 4 of will support the speed needed for the deck. Its a good 'backup' or something do when you have nothing else to do...but when you have nothing to do with this deck isn't it failing?
    I think 4 of the new guy is too much aswell.

Also, Ooze is really too good to throw out.
    The games I have won off the single one in my main is ridiculous. I have been considering throwing a second in my sideboard because it is so good. Especially after a boardwipe it's a 2cc "Hi, I win the game"-dude.

For me, the only real advantage Deathrite Shaman has is it's an elf, and usually can produce mana. So I would probably exchange perhaps one for a Llanowar Elves or Fyndhorn Elves. Maybe 2 like you state but I'm kind of scared of messing up the manabase this way.
    This will definately improve the Dredge and Reanimator match-up though.

Sep 2012
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by TraxDaMax View Post
    I think 4 of the new guy is too much aswell.

Also, Ooze is really too good to throw out.
    The games I have won off the single one in my main is ridiculous. I have been considering throwing a second in my sideboard because it is so good. Especially after a boardwipe it's a 2cc "Hi, I win the game"-dude.

For me, the only real advantage Deathrite Shaman has is it's an elf, and usually can produce mana. So I would probably exchange perhaps one for a Llanowar Elves or Fyndhorn Elves. Maybe 2 like you state but I'm kind of scared of messing up the manabase this way.
    This will definately improve the Dredge and Reanimator match-up though.
    Agreed. It may put question to the may manabase, but even with the loss of one or two Llanowar/Fyndhorn it hurts our first turn mana ramp. Deathrite will most likely not provide mana that second turn. The advantage Ooze has is that with a single G, you can remove any card, where as with the Deathrite you need G for creatures or B for instants. Your right in saying its advantage is that it is an elf and could produce mana, but we can't count on that mana in the first few turns. It syncs with Priest of Titania and our untappers, but so does a Llanowar that the Deathrite would replace. Its basically something thats fighting with Ooze for the same effect.

I haven't ran Ooze maindeck, but you make me want to honestly. It makes sense.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I'd run Ooze MD if I could afford it.. :( No more job, can't buy any cards... :(

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Creature - Elf Wizard
    Aug 2011
    Campinas, SP, Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post

(...) other than Chord of Calling, there are no other ways to get Mirror Entity than drawing it?

If one really wants/needs to find Mirror Entity faster, one could test using a couple of Eladamri's Call or Worldly Tutor as alternative/extra tutors.
    Last edited by andrebonotto; 09-25-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: fixing one of the links and grammar

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I actually thought of E. Call, maybe I should try and test it.

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Out of all possible win-cons for Elves!, which has worked for you best and why? And which is your favourite win and why? I want to experiment with the most win-cons possible, like Emmy, Ezuri, M. Entity, Grapeshot, etc.

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

May 2011
    Louisiana

Vengevine is my favorite win condition for the sole fact that he is good on his own when you aren't comboing out via Glimpse of Nature.

I also get a sick kick out of people siding in Surgical Extraction while I am siding out Vengevines.

FYI, Deathrite Shaman's first ability is NOT a mana ability and can be responded to, needled, and stifled. There is no way im playing a situational mana elf in this deck. Its so much slower than ooze vs dredge, never will deal damage (seriously), and requires you or your opponent to have lands in GY to make mana.

That said, this beats glacial chasm... lol

Jun 2009
    Quad Cities, IA

How many people are going to side in Needle thinking, "Yeah, fuck those Deathrite Shamans"? Answer: nobody.

Anyways, a black splash seems good here. You need Cabal Therapy for Terminus if you actually want a chance against UW Miracles. And even then, it could be floating on the top of their library. Maybe something with more certainty is required, like Cranial Extraction; I dunno. That's obviously slow.

Colonizer of Dreams

Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by igri_is_a_bk View Post
    You need Cabal Therapy for Terminus if you actually want a chance against UW Miracles.
    Who the hell even plays till turn six with Elves vs. UW Miracles? Seriously, threads like this would run way smoother, if people would actually think, before they post.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by flrn View Post
    Who the hell even plays till turn six with Elves vs. UW Miracles? Seriously, threads like this would run way smoother, if people would actually think, before they post.
    I'm pretty sure you can end of turn Brainstorm/activate Sensei's Divining Top to Miracle set up Terminus (which is a 3-4 of in that deck) by turn 2-3.

People should really think before they post.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can end of turn Brainstorm/activate Sensei's Divining Top to Miracle set up Terminus (which is a 3-4 of in that deck) by turn 2-3.
    Which Cabal Therapy solves how?

I believe he was saying that Cabal Therapy vs Terminus is useless, since they don't want that card in their hand anyway.

Jun 2009
    Quad Cities, IA

Right. Brainstorm means you whiff, or if they've been floating it on top of their library, then you whiff. That's why I said Cranial Extraction, or the like, could be helpful because it'll nail all the copies regardless of where they're hidden.

And who plays this deck til turn six vs. UW Miracles? Me. Every game. And I'm guessing most people. Why is turn six relevant anyways? Terminus without Miracle is not the UW player's plan.

Thread Information