Thread: Aggro Slivers

Aggro Slivers

This a budget, casual deck made for FFA and 1v1.
    4 City of Brass
    4 Gemstone Mine
    4 Thran Quarry
    4 Gemstone Caverns
    3 Archeological Dig

3 Winged Sliver
    4 Muscle Sliver
    4 Sinew Sliver
    4 Plated Sliver
    4 Frenzy Sliver
    4 Heart Sliver
    4 Sidewinder Sliver
    2 Two headed Sliver

1 Worship
    2 Final Fortune
    4 Demonic Consultation
    3 Unstable Mutation

I know Demonic Consultation is banned in Legacy, but that's ok. It holds the deck together. Worship is nice because in my casual group, not much artifact/enchant destruction is used, so if I can't win, I can tutor up Worship with Demonic Consultation to stall until I can win. Final Fortune is obviously there to take out the last player who survives. I know creature enchants are generally recommended against because of the 2-for-1 trade, but its worked well so far, because its a lightning bolt, then a shock the turn after. I fits well when Final Fortune'ing into the victory. Since the deck is 5 color, are there any staples I could throw in?
    If I need more creature kill, I could replace the Unstable Mutations or Final Fortunes with StP or PtE. Final Fortune works well in multiplayer, but I'm not sure if its win-more or not.

Re: Aggro Slivers

If you have them, Crystalline Sliver would be really nice over the Unstable Mutations. It combos really well with Worship and completely stops spot removal.

Also, if there's any troublesome artifacts/enchantments in your playgroup (such as opposing Worships), Harmonic Sliver might be worth a slot or two.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Also If you have them already, Aether Vial is handy for surprise combat tricks.

Also, I would use 4 Two-Headed. When I play Pauper Slivers on MTGO, he's always the MVP of the deck.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Exospaciac
    If you have them, Crystalline Sliver would be really nice over the Unstable Mutations. It combos really well with Worship and completely stops spot removal.
    Yeah, if you're in blue, there's no reason at all not to run this guy. He makes your slivers nigh-invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Also If you have them already, Aether Vial is handy for surprise combat tricks.
    Ditto. 90% of your creatures cost 2, Vial is an absolute champ.

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg
    Also, I would use 4 Two-Headed. When I play Pauper Slivers on MTGO, he's always the MVP of the deck.
    I disagree. You're already running Winged Sliver, so Two-Headed's ability is sort of redundant there. Flying is just better. I'd cut Two-Headed entirely.

Also, Frenzy Sliver is pretty terrible. Cut him too, IMO.

If you really want your deck to be dedicated to turning your guys sideways and winning combat, you definitely need to be running Spined Sliver and Hunter Sliver. Being able to force your opponent into unfavorable combat is incredibly useful, and Hunter + Sidewinder can sometimes straight kill a guy before damage is even dealt, giving you a sort of pseudo-removal. You don't need 4 Heart Slivers, because haste is redundant beyond the first. You want 3 at most, possibly just 2 (haste isn't as important as flying is to this deck).

I would probably run a creature base something like:

4 Crystalline Sliver
    4 Muscle Sliver
    4 Sinew Sliver
    4 Sidewinder Sliver
    4 Spined Sliver
    2 Heart Sliver
    2 Hunter Sliver
    3 Winged Sliver
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Thread Information