Thread: Land Tax Promo

Land Tax Promo

According to a thread over at MTGS in the rumor mill, the Judge Promo for GP: DC is going to be new art Land Tax (the participation promo is Jitte).

Does this mean Land Tax will finally be unbanned and Enchantress/Parfait/TaxRack will overrun GP Columbus? Or does it mean Land Tax will finally be unbanned and a bunch of people will mistakenly play bad decks and get scrubbed out quickly for their trouble? Or does it mean Wizards just decided to do a promo specifically for the EDH crowd and the fearsome power of Land Tax will be forever banned?

Re: Land Tax Promo

They did make a promo on Balance...

It's a little strange for information about Land Tax to come from the GP; new judge foils are released at Pro Tours, and that's not till next week.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Feb 2008
    NYC

I was there and I did see one for sale in a dealer's display. Didn't ask where he got it, but I have seen one. Looked ok.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

There's one on the Ebay if you want to see it. I still like the Legends one better, but it's a matter of taste of course.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    There's one on the Ebay if you want to see it. I still like the Legends one better, but it's a matter of taste of course.
    Me too. I mean, if you were to look at a tiny thumbnail of the Legends' art, you'd immediately know what it is, but you look at this art and there is nothing immediately characteristic.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Me too. I mean, if you were to look at a tiny thumbnail of the Legends' art, you'd immediately know what it is, but you look at this art and there is nothing immediately characteristic.
    welcome to pretty much anything printed beyond the saga block.

Quote Originally Posted by denial View Post
    welcome to pretty much anything printed beyond the saga block.
    Can't agree more!!!

Vulvaapje!
    Jun 2007
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Funny that a Greek is offering this card since their biggest hobby is tax evasion.
    Quit playing Legacy but could still play Goblins (Rgw, Rg, Rw, Rb)

ジェームス・ブラウン

I'm staring in the mirror looking at my biggest rival.

Thread Information