Thread: Hope for the Reserved List

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Hope for the Reserved List

Alright guys,

With the confirmation of Land Tax being the new Judge Promo card, there has been another round of speculation of its unbanning in Legacy.

But what people missed is that there is another card along Land Tax that is going to be a promo card: Thawing Glaciers.

We all know that WotC has announced that outside of the artifacts from the FTV:Relics, they will cease in reprinting anything from the reserved list, not even as promo cards.

With the confirmation of Thawing Glaciers as a promo card, is there a possibility that we will be seeing future cards from the Reserved List as a promo cards (contradicting what they announced weeks ago)?

Heres proof:

Discuss

*Sorry if my grammar sounds terrible... Its 12:30AM, just came from work and I am buzzed.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

Re: Hope for the Reserved List

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    We all know that WotC has announced that outside of the artifacts from the FTV:Relics, they will cease in reprinting anything from the reserved list, not even as promo cards.

With the confirmation of Thawing Glaciers as a promo card, is there a possibility that we will be seeing future cards from the Reserved List as a promo cards (contradicting what they announced weeks ago)?
    IIRC, they said they won't be reprinting anything in 2011 from the reserved list, even as premiums. And when I read it, it sounded to me like it was technically possible for them to reprint stuff in 2012.

Relevant section:

Premium Cards

A previous version of this policy allowed premium versions of cards on the reserved list to be printed. Starting in 2011, no cards on the reserved list will be printed in either premium or non-premium form.
    So my clause about 2012 was incorrect.

Plays green decks
    Nov 2006
    Portland

http://wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Ar.../other/031810a

They already said they were printing Thawing Glaciers as a promo. After they finish that list, there won't be anymore.

/dreamcrush

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Jak. View Post
    http://wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Ar.../other/031810a

They already said they were printing Thawing Glaciers as a promo. After they finish that list, there won't be anymore.

/dreamcrush

I was looking for that (I wasn't able to find it, obviously).

Now that I have found it, it is a dreamcrush indeed :(

Meh...

IN B4 LOCK i guess
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Well, they never actually guaranteed that the list will stay intact through 2011, so we might see some reprints at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

I'm waiting for them to be like "WE NEVER SAID WE COULDN'T CHANGE THE LIST, GUYS! FOOLED YOU!"
    Hoping to not get dreamcrushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Thread Information