Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.5 April 16, Syracuse, NY. *Altererd States - Top 8 Draft a Playset of Dual Lands.

Living in an area where no one plays Legacy
    Nov 2003

Ok so On April 16 Altererd states will be holding a 1.5 tournament.

Where: Altered States. Syracuse, NY
    When: April 16th a saturday with a 12pm start time
    How Much: $20
    What do I win?: Top 8 will draft a playset of Dual Lands if more than 40 people show up other prizes will be added to the draft.
    What if I scrub out?: Some cool door prizes will be handed out.
    Do I need to deck register: Yes.
    Should I come?: Yes you should. :D

Any questions please post them here. Event date subject to change if the 1.5 community has a huge conflict as not to have a crappy turn out.

Top 8 Prizes

Draft a playset of dual lands (Guaranteed)
    4 - (Foil) Eternal Witness
    4 - (Foil) Orim's Chant
    4 - (Foil) Standstill
    4 - (Foil) Sensei's Divining Top
    4 - (Foil) Goblin Charbelcher
    4 - (Foil DCI) Disenchant
    4 - Force of Will
    4 - Intuition
    4 - Chrome Mox
    4 - Mox Diamond
    4 - Chains of Mephastopheles
    4 - Cruicible of Worlds
    4 - Meddling Mage
    4 - Transmute Artifact
    4 - Su-Chi
    4 - Textless Oxidize
    4 - (FBB) Scrubland
    4 - (Portal) Wrath of God
    2 - (Unl) Berserk

9th Place
    4 - Grimm Reminders

Door Prizes
    Some of the above top 8 Prizes may be moved to Door prizes depending on attendence.
    1 - 1994 Poker Wizards of the Coast Poker Deck
    3 - (Red,White,Blue) APAC Lands
    1 - (Set) Arena League Promos 2004 LAND SET Sealed
    2 - (Foil) Solemn Simulacrum

50+ People will depend on what prizes will be given out.

120 People - A playset of Tropical Islands is added to the 1st place finisher(CavernNinja)

I will update this as April 16th gets closer.
    Major Deck Projects
    Deck 2012: Angel Walk
    Deck 2009: Tombstone
    Deck 2007: Exploration Crucible:
    Deck 2005:Bob the Belcher:

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Oh boy.

Nate just emailed me and told me that April is looking good for Big Arse II. I wonder what's going on.

Who is sponsoring this? Is it you, Bob, or AS? I hope that AS didn't get their wires crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

Sounds good to me. I like Duals.

Being that this is Altered I do have to ask the question, they do count a playset as 40 duals correct?
    EPIC Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by nitewolf9 View Post
    I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Agent View Post
    For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.
    -I don't think this one was a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear102
    Sounds good to me. I like Duals.

Being that this is Altered I do have to ask the question, they do count a playset as 40 duals correct?
    For $20, they fucking better.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Living in an area where no one plays Legacy
    Nov 2003

I am sponsoring this tourny, cause you said the big arse was going to be julyish. So its my playset of duals and all that jazz.
    Major Deck Projects
    Deck 2012: Angel Walk
    Deck 2009: Tombstone
    Deck 2007: Exploration Crucible:
    Deck 2005:Bob the Belcher:

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Just wondering, but how does if go when there are 10 sets of duals with 8 players? Does top 1/2 get the playsets left? If so, it seems I'll be leaving with a playset of Underground Seas and Plateaus.

Aug 2004
    VA

Well in type 1 the top player gets to draft again and get more then 1 power... So maybe its the case here.
    Team SCRABS

Jun 2004
    Virginia

Hmm, a tourney for duals. I guess I don't need really need a second or third set of Trops or Seas or Taigas, but I guess superfluous amounts of duals are always nice. I'll talk to the other NoVAn's and see if we can get a couple of cars up here to take the duals home.
    Proud member of Team Unicorn (unicorns are fucking rad.)

Fuck Voldermort. Nobody kills unicorns, except other, bigger unicorns.

You haven't heard the last of the Scrabs.

aka Norm
    Dec 2003
    Ballston Spa, NY

Quote Originally Posted by BoTS
    Hmm, a tourney for duals. I guess I don't need really need a second or third set of Trops or Seas or Taigas, but I guess superfluous amounts of duals are always nice. I'll talk to the other NoVAn's and see if we can get a couple of cars up here to take the duals home.
    Agreed. I want more trops :;): (Just sold 13 of the fuckers and still have 8 left).

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

I'm liking this tourney more and more.

Bob, if there's any way I could help out just PM me, I'd love to see this thing be big.

(I wonder where those Transmutate Artifacts and Su-chi's came from???...)
    EPIC Syndicate

I personally like spell snare against 2 cc spells, but it really isn't good against spells that aren't 2 cc. With engineered explosives, it is a good card to have against non-land permanents with converted mana cost equal to what you set the explosives to, but it doesn't hit those that have differing cc. Plus, engineered explosives has sunburst.
    -My hero

For some odd reason, I find shackles to be superb against creature oriented decks. Of course, the logic behind it is the sooner you can play and activate shackles the better. Although, shackles definitely has it's late game uses as well. It basically counts as a threat and a removal spell simultaneously which is relevant against "not quite shroud" creatures. Also, you should really be running a playset of engineered plagues against merfolks. They can dismantle tribal decks so run more of them.

(' ' '\( 0 ,o)/''')
    May 2004
    Northern Virginia

A foil playset of Witnesses?

Fuck. I'm sold on it.
    "I am sure that we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know that there are people in the world who feel no love for their fellow man, and let me tell you, I hate people like that."

- Tom Lehrer

Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

None of you know me, but I live in Albany. I'm definitely up for this tournament (don't worry, there's absolutely no chance of me winning... I think right now I'm playing U/G Madness, and I'll *definitely* scrub out). Maybe by then I'll have finished ATS, but that's not the point.

I would like to go, but I need a ride. If anyone is coming from Albany, and could give me a ride, that'd be awesome :)

My AIM SN is LegoSpaceMan and my e-mail address is Evn [dot) Tomeny [at} students ]dot] siena (dot) edu (that's my spambot protection filter :-P)

Old Man Rogue
    Oct 2003
    Woosta, Mass.

Note to self....don't come in 9th.... On a positive note, there is growing interest in this tourney in NNY (which should boost attendance nicely). What I really want to know...what level do we need before the 4x Foil Eternal Witness get put on the table? And what place are they reserved for? Hmm? Hmm?
    TL,DR: if you think Saito is ok, check your moral compass. It may be broken. - Spikey Mikey, amen brother

WE know what the price of progress is (often 8-10 life). - Cait Sith

A casual stasis deck? You must not really like your friends. Do you play it before or after you pull the wings off of flys and microwave the neighbor's cat? - EwokSlayer

Grim Reminders? Poetic I suppose.
    Why not give the 9th place person something that doesn't totally blow also.
    Like a beat to hell scrubland

aka Norm
    Dec 2003
    Ballston Spa, NY

Quote Originally Posted by scrumdogg
    What I really want to know...what level do we need before the 4x Foil Eternal Witness get put on the table? And what place are they reserved for? Hmm? Hmm?
    Grrrr......green players who like shiny stuff.

I wanna see the Fows get added on. :)

Fows > Foil Witness, nuff said.

Edited By braves54321 on 1108740351

Fows > Foil Witness, nuff said.
    True, but imagine how many Blue Mages would have to change their underwear if there was a Foil FOW.

Actually don't, its a very nasty thought.

I have to scrub my brain with a wire brush and soap now.

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

I want the 4 Abysses, better money :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

I'm going to try and plan to get some of the guys from Binghamton to come up with me.

I just went to my first 1.5 at amrod's on the 19th and sucked out and looking forward to play more.

EPIC awesomeness
    Mar 2004
    Baldwinsville/Oswego, NY

I can't wait for this tourney. I almost have my playset of duals finished, and having extras is just great!

@cosik, what deck did you play saturday at Amrod's.
    EPIC Syndicate

-My hero

Pattern/Rector deck trying to win with Plated Slagwurm

For reference I posted my deck list and what I thought about the deck at the bottom of this Thread.

Thread Information