Thread: Two Quick Questions about Jitte

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Two Quick Questions about Jitte

1. I attach a Jitte to Mishra's Factory, swing, get counters. Does the Jitte "fall off" Factory at EOT? Will I need to re-equip next main phase? (I know counters like from Bounty of the Hunt stay on).

2. I steal my opponent's Knight of the Reliquary (or w/e) with Sower and attach my Jitte. My opponent bolts Sower and takes back their Knight with the Jitte still attached. My understanding is that I'm still the controller of the Jitte and if my opponent's Knight deals combat damage my Jitte is still gaining counters and there's no way for him to remove it (other than Pridemage, etc.). Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Re: Two Quick Questions about Jitte

1.Yes, Re-Equip will have to be done next turn.
    2. Yes, Only you can use your Jitte and its counters, tho they can swing collect counters for you, not sure why unless it would be lethal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Timmy-Spike-Melvin . . . . . Level 2 Judge

Dec 2009
    Vienna, Austria

1. As a state based action, equipment which equips something that is not a creature "falls off". Counters will stay on a permanent, no matter if the card types change, even though some counters (like +1/+1) only have any effect if the permanent is a creature.

2. Sower of Temptation (and its destruction) only changes control of the creature, not control of any equipment or aura. Even though you can not equip creatures your opponent controls, equipment will stay on enemy creatures. In your example is Jitte still gaining counters during each successful attack, but you are the only one who might use the abilities of the jitte.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Thanks. Was 95% sure on both, but wanted to double-check.

May 2010
    Chandler, Az

BTW the last line of Bounty of the Hunt says, "Remove those counters at the end of turn." Not that it matters; no one uses that card anymore lol.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Heh. Indeed it does -- I even used the auto-linky thing.

This can be closed.

Thread Information