Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bannings

New Bannings

Well a lot of the broken fun is gone in EDH now, Rofellos is back to being a banned general, Tolarian Acedemy, Channel, and Staff of Domination got the ban hammer too. Sucks.

http://forum.dragonhighlander.net/ED...php?f=1&t=4124

Bryant Cook

Re: New Bannings

I guess Thraximundar loses Academy and Maga loses Staff for me. Oh well....

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Channel Emrakul was pretty good online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

I'll have to cut Magus of the Coffers from my Oona list in addition to Academy and Staff. It'll still be broken though, just now Coffers is the key piece.

Academy, you will be missed. ):

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by xXxBretWeedxXx View Post
    I'll have to cut Magus of the Coffers from my Oona list in addition to Academy and Staff. It'll still be broken though, just now Coffers is the key piece.
    Do you not run Grim Monolith + Power Artifact?

@ Bannings - These are all pretty much welcome, IMO. I'm not so certain Rofellos is quite as busted without Staff of Domination, but he does enable some ridiculously fast plays that seem to go against the spirit of EDH.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Overseas mascotte of IcBE
    Jul 2005
    Tilburg, the Netherlands

Damn,

I had just finished my Roffelos deck as my first real life deck. Very nice, I just traded the Hall of Gemstone I was still missing. Now I love to design new decks, but this pretty much sucks a day after I finally finished trading.

Don't care too much about Channel and Staff. Academy is a shame, but I can live with it.
    4th: 293/363
    5th: 82/434
    Vi: 159/167
    Wl: 100/167
    Te: 318/335
    St: 132/143
    Ex: 136/143
    US: 235/335
    3/8 Sealed boosters
    1/8 Sealed boosterboxes

Only 632 cards left for a full Korean set, over 69% done (last update 05/27)
    Always looking for sealed product!

Welp, there goes my Sen Triplets deck idea.
    SOURCE ASSHOLE
    Now Epic-ly Sexy
    My blog

Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Order of the Ebon Hand gets there...pro Swords...take 2...
    Jun 2008
    Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by Atwa View Post
    Damn,

I had just finished my Roffelos deck as my first real life deck. Very nice, I just traded the Hall of Gemstone I was still missing. Now I love to design new decks, but this pretty much sucks a day after I finally finished trading.
    You can always play Omnath as your mono-green general. He can eat face pretty quickly.
    End of turn...Morphling

Quote Originally Posted by AriLax View Post
    Brainstorm is only useful in certain situations? Brainstorm is useful when you hand is not the stone cold nutter butter blade Ranchington Q. Farnsworth Esquire best. When Brainstorm is "dead", the game is already over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectoplasm View Post
    I heard Bryant Cook once set fire to his opponent's face for playing a Rule of Law.
    It's impressive the amount of effort you put into telling a story that actually makes you look much worse than the idiot.
    Team OMRIAIGTWYFEWARTCAE

Is not Goyf
    Jan 2005
    California

I'm really glad Rofellos is gone. Everytime one of our EDH group would pull out the deck, we'd have to curb stomp Rofellos until it cost 8 or 10 mana until we could continue with our game as normal. Every once in a while it would go unchecked and bash with Eldrazis. The Rofellos deck didn't even have any infinite combos in it. It just wasn't very fun.

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    You can always play Omnath as your mono-green general. He can eat face pretty quickly.
    This. Plus, Rofellos is only banned as a general, so you can play Omnath and just have Rofellos in your deck somewhere and it ends up being almost the same.
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

OH G-D I'M SO GLAD ACADEMY IS GONE.

(it's dumb that we can't do full caps anymore. stupid troopatroop)
    The E.P.I.C. Syndicate: I mean, if they play a lullaby for babies they should at least play the Monster Mash when somebody dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbig View Post
    If I see you in NY/I'll send you an invite/You gon' need a pass/That's the code that we live by.

Bryant Cook

Yeah. I lose my super big island.

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

I'm not one to combo out in EDH unless it involves 3+ cards and ridiculous hoops, so I firmly believe that all were deserved, but now my 3 foil Staffs will be awful lonely without a home.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

Mar 2008
    Westfield, MA

Hasn't been pointed out, but in light of some other bannings, I find this quite hilarious.

http://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/16556731332

Sep 2008
    Bellingham, MA

I should just stop making decks. I actually have Azami built, and I lose Academy. This makes it harder to combo off. I'm fine with that.

Channel was probably the best card in EDH. 40 life more than enables a win every time. I'm glad I didn't spend any money on a deck that abuses it in real life. I'm working on Karn, and I'm sad to lose Staff of Domination. It wasn't insane, but it did provide some combo action.

Awesome Member
    Jan 2008
    Brookline, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarin View Post
    Hasn't been pointed out, but in light of some other bannings, I find this quite hilarious.

http://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/16556731332
    This brought a smile to my face.
    awesome

Sadly my EDH combo deck is now lost. I probably didn't need to be winning on turn 3 anyway.
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Sadly my EDH combo deck is now lost. I probably didn't need to be winning on turn 3 anyway.
    I wonder why they got banned? hrmmmm?

Better lucky then good...
    Dec 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio

I like the idea of curb stomping Rofellos several time. Literally. So I take it no one wants a Eldrazi ever coming out. Why don't they ban them. I think the very printing of those monstrosities ruins Elder Dragon as well as other formats.
    You can't win, you can't break even, you can't get out of the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddian View Post
    Cool, I thought with all that red I was gonna get banned for douchebaggery.

I hear edt's got Jamie Wakefield locked in his basement, and keeps pumping him tapes of fatties getting hit with Wrath of God...

This message has been deleted by Nihil Credo. Reason: Syphilis - Who did Nihil Credo give Syphillis to?

Thread Information