Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Least fun deck to play against?

Re: Least fun deck to play against?

@Nidd: While I understand the general sentiment, I don't think Goblins is a good example for this. If you decide to ignore S&T and other fattie-cheat-decks when building your deck, that's your own fault. Just play two Weirdings and a single Stingscourger MD - both cards that when I test against/with the deck feel actually excellent against a variety of matchups - and you have 7 ways to directly blow the Emrakul-playing opponent out as long as he doesn't have FoW* (4 Matron, 2 Weirding, Scourger. Ringleaders also give you a decent chance to get there). Ever better, if you have one of them in hand they just handed you a free Lackey-activation. Goblins is probably the aggro-deck best suited to beat that particular kind of broken gameplan.

*yeah sure, if they have turn 2 Emmi plus FoW you're screwed. Every Legacy-deck has those kinds of hands, Goblins included.
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Jun 2006
    Germany

Pox for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw1985 View Post
    The only decks I really hate playing against are casual decks that players just getting into legacy bring to tournaments. They're so eager to do cool things and set up their turn 6 infinite combo. I just feel so badly crushing their dreams and embarrassing them as they read every card I play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    Don't play shitty decks and everyone will have more fun.
    These pretty much sum up my feelings. I hate bad decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    Don't play shitty decks and everyone will have more fun.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

One card combos are a pretty annoying way to lose in legacy. Sure, they technically require another card, but you typically only need to resolve one spell to win: natural order into Progenitus, show and tell into emrakul. In vintage, the equivalent card is restricted. If 'fair' combo decks like ANT and reanimator get nerfed by losing their tutor, I'm not sure why these sort of decks don't get somewhat nerfed... And the problem is not really the order/snt themselves, it's R&D printing big dumb "creatures" with no real drawback and virtual immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTrudeau View Post
    Dredge mirrors are far and away my least favorite games to play, though Lands and Enchantress mirrors also seem dreadful. The only thing you can do is try to do is string as many Bridge from Belows/creatures to sac in one turn as you can since Bridges get removed every turn due to Ichorid/Cabal Therapy. Post-side, it's mull to Leyline and commence with Stinkweed Imp/Golgari Thug beatdowns.
    Dredge is dreadful, I'm sure. But the Lands mirror is a very interesting and enjoyable matchup. (I'm like 4-2 lifetime playing it, with both losses to Ryan McKinney when he played Dark Confidants and I didn't)
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Oct 2005
    Mass

TES or most other "storm" combo decks... Waiting 5-10 minutes hoping they fizzle is just awful and when they are having a bad game there is little or no interaction on your side (especially if you are playing aggro or combo yourself). Playing against combo at a tournament is like going to an orgy where you end up masturbating in an effort to see who can finish first. Interaction is the reason Magic (and orgies) is/are fun.

Thread Information