Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly 1.5 tournaments - Where's yours?

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

How developed is the metagame at Batcave? Is it a sanctioned tourney (do I need to find my DCI Card)? How late do the tournaments Friday Night tend to go?
    Also, LinkXwing, will you be going this Friday?
    InfoNinjas

When: Every Wednesday from about 5:45pm-9pm

Where: Maplewood Shinders... Maplewood, Minnesota

Entry Fee: 5 bucks... there's usually 20-30 people who regularly attend

4 rounds top 2 are decided upon tie breakers and so forth

top 2 get store credit... everyone who plays gets a pack from the last block to 5th dawn... 3-1 gets you 2 packs

LT...

Jan 2004
    Phoenix AZ

City: Phoenix,AZ
    Where: Samurai Comics 5024 N 7th Street
    Close to: Dennys
    When: This Friday the 24th at 6:30-11:30
    Entry fee: $5
    Prize: Packs
    Average Showing: 8-25 people varies wildly
    Sanctioned: Yes

Not weekly but there are a few people from AZ here and a 1.5 tourny is rare here in AZ.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989"

[quote:sig_uid="Carney2k4"]I'm obviously The rapist.[/quote:sig_uid]

City: :"Lazer Comics," Antrim, NH
    When: Every Friday at 5pm SHARP!
    Entry Fee: $4
    Average Showing: 8 - 16 people
    Prize: Packs
    DCI: Yes

Where: Fort Gratiot/Port Huron Reach for the Starz
    When: Saturday at 6pm
    Numbers: Usually anywhere from 5(sometimes) to 20.
    Sanctioned: Is now
    Prizes: All money entered is put into a store credit pot which can be used for anything but another tournament entry.
    Entry: $5

We also draft alot after the tourney. Its really laid back and fun and has some hard competition. Even though I have not lost a match yet(4 tournaments. Like 18 matches and only lost 2 games to MAJOR mana screw) with URG Fish with no duals, or fetches... GO SUI FISH

The King of Lockjobs
    Oct 2003
    Middle of Nowhere, NY

Here. Strick09 has been dying to post this info but can't seem to find the right place for it, so I did it for him.

For the Remainder of 2004
    Tournaments are on Friday nights from 6pm to ~12:30
    Entry fee is $5
    We usually have anywhere from 25-30 people entering, and the numbers have been steadily growing.
    Prizes are awarded to top 4, and we currently give out booster packs for prize, although I'm pretty sure we will offer store credit towards singles purchases at the discretion of the player.
    Provided Wizards doesn't slack on the paperwork, December 3rd, 10th, and 17th will all be sanctioned 16k Legacy tournaments, with a Level 1 DCI Judge present (me).

Starting in 2005
    We will be moving our Legacy tournaments to Saturdays so we can do FNM Booster Drafts on Friday Nights (the store is now a premier store). The Legacy Tournaments will be sanctioned in 2005.

The address is 716 East Main Street in Richmond, Indiana. Richmond is exit 156-B on I-70, right on the IN/Ohio border. It's approximately 45 minutes from Dayton, an hour from Cincy, 90 minutes from both Columbus and Indy.
    The store phone number is 765 962 7663 if you need specific directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Germany seems to find me influential. Have you ever Googled "Nourishing Lich"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Credo View Post
    No, Peter_Rotten, you are the problems.

Are there any good torneys is PA by the Philie area. My local store closed down for awhile so i haven't been able to play. Anyone know of one in PA.
    I\'m only allowed to post on SCG.

City: Richmond, IN
    Where: Tabletop Adventures (716 E. Main St.)
    Close to: ~90mi from Columbus, 45min from Dayton, ~70mi from Cincy, ~90mi from Indy
    When: This year: Dec 10, 17. Next year: Saturday's at 12:30pm
    Entry fee: $5
    Prize: Top 4 get type II packs (usually 16-8-4-4 to 20-10-5-5) also this month we are giving away DCI Foil Promo Brainstorms as additional prizes for top 3.
    Average Showing: 25-35 people

Dec 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Are there going to be any tournaments on christmas week in Oregon?
    Greg: What\'s Fact or Fiction?

Me: My respect for you just went down about 5 billion notches.

Are there any tournaments in the Seattle/Redmond, WA area?

San Francisco Area, California

Gator Games in San Mateo holds a 1.5 tournament about once a month on Wednesdays.

Jan 2005
    home=Ohio school=Edinburgh girl=New Orleans

So i am from NE Ohio and i know we used to be a force as far as good tournaments with strong players, what the heck happened. Further i don't know of a single 1.5 tournament in OH let alone close to Cleveland if anyone does or owns a store and wants to start one please let me know.
    1000% Serious

merfolkotpt on TMD
    GarbageAggro where it matters

BLUE DRAGON GAMES in Utica/Shelby, Michigan (NE Mi.). Every Sunday @ 5:00 pm, starting on Feb. 5th. Sanctioned REL2 if there are at least 8 people entered. $5.00 entry. Cash prize for 1st place. Everyone else gets @ least some kind of prize. Great place to play. BDG is located on Mound Road, just north of m-59 on the NW corner @ the traffic light. or go to bluedragongames.com for more info.BE THERE all you guys from nE Mi, and even the Grand Rapids area! The TO arranged it for sundays so all of you guys could make it. Let's get this thing going and keep it going, before we lose this opportunity to have an awesome WEEKLY Legacy event! The TO is COUNTING on me to get people there from this site, so please don't disappoint (IF you are all that sderious about this format as you say you are!). I'll be there with a few of my friends,so bring as many people as you can! Thanks.

Sep 2004
    Jamestown, IN

Address: 1600 E Washington BLVD
    Fort Wayne, IN 46803
    Building: Andorfer Commons
    Time: Almost every Friday at 7pm. Sometimes later.
    Format: Mostly Legacy, but there might be Extended or Vintage once a month.
    Cost: Free
    Prizes: None because we're all poor college students and our school doesn't give us money for our club :(
    Sanctioned: Yes

We typically don't get very many people. It varies between 8 - 10 people. We're a pretty small college.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    BLUE DRAGON GAMES in Utica/Shelby, Michigan (NE Mi.). Every Sunday @ 5:00 pm, starting on Feb. 5th. Sanctioned REL2 if there are at least 8 people entered. $5.00 entry. Cash prize for 1st place. Everyone else gets @ least some kind of prize. Great place to play. BDG is located on Mound Road, just north of m-59 on the NW corner @ the traffic light. or go to bluedragongames.com for more info.BE THERE all you guys from nE Mi, and even the Grand Rapids area! The TO arranged it for sundays so all of you guys could make it. Let's get this thing going and keep it going, before we lose this opportunity to have an awesome WEEKLY Legacy event! The TO is COUNTING on me to get people there from this site, so please don't disappoint (IF you are all that sderious about this format as you say you are!). I'll be there with a few of my friends,so bring as many people as you can! Thanks.
    let's make this a good turn-out, so we can have it happen WEEKLY. Thanks again, and see you there.

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

Going to be starting one at Misty Mountain Games in Madison WI, anyone here in the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

Banned
    Sep 2004
    fairfax VA

who ever goes to the frog the tournaments the entry fee is now 5 dollers and it is also gonna be sanctioned by the DCI.
    Just 4 your information

Free Legacy tournaments every Tuesday at Neutral Ground for $15 store credit!

aka Norm
    Dec 2003
    Ballston Spa, NY

Added SonataOfTheCathedral's post for weekly tournaments at Neutral Ground in NYC

-braves

Austin, TX
    Southside Comics
    Type 1.5 Every Sunday at 6pm. We usually have 8-12 people

Thread Information