Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Weekly 1.5 tournaments - Where's yours?

Re: Weekly 1.5 tournaments - Where's yours?

I'm an NYC legacy player also and this has been the most frustrating thing about the City- nowhere to play!

Now that we all have the itch to keep playing legacy after the GPNJ, Id like to propose a meet on Saturdays to sling some cardboard.

Thoughts on going to The Uncommons on Saturays at say, 2PM?

New York, NY 10012

Respond to this thread if people are interested. I'm down to play starting this weekend if we can get a few people together.

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Denver/Aurora Colorado area.

All C's Collectibles - Monday nights at 7PM

$10 entry fee, all entries paid out as store credit
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Site Contributor

May 2013
    Atlanta

Is there anywhere within an hour, maybe a bit more, of Ithaca NY that actually fires a legacy weekly consistently? I heard that Mythic and Jupiter both have one on their calendar, but rarely fire them? Is there anywhere else I can get my fix (or am I just misinformed about jupiter and mythic games)?
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    But winning out of nowhere takes away the fun of grinding out your opponents with Manlands. Nothing is more satisfying than a game of Magic where you throw away half the fun, and claim the other half for yourself and leave your opponent with zero fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Haven't you heard? The default color for cards being designed is blue. They have to remember to change the color when finishing the card.

Oct 2015
    Boulder, CO

City: Boulder, CO
    Where: Gamer's Guild
    4550 Broadway
    Boulder, CO 80304
    When: Every Monday at 6:30pm
    Entry fee: $6
    Prize: 100% of all entry fees distributed back in store credit (split dependent on number of players)
    Average Showing: 12-20

Site Contributor
    Feb 2010
    Denver, CO

Figured I should update because our event has moved stores.

City: Parker, CO
    Where: Collectormania
    19555 E Parker Square Dr, Parker, CO 80134
    When: Monday at 7 pm
    Entry fee: $10
    Prize: 100% of all entry fees distributed back in store credit (split dependent on number of players)
    Lord of the Chalice

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

Get Some Game
    1224 Commercial Ave, Charlotte, NC 28205

Sundays at 1:30pm
    $5 entry
    100% of entries re-distributed as prize in store credit

Come join us!

Oct 2015
    Arkansas, United States

It just started yesterday and I'd love to see a lot more legacy in Arkansas.

Imagine! Hobbies and Games
    8122 Highway 107, Suite C
    Sherwood, Arkansas 72120
    Sundays at 2pm
    $6.00 entry with up to 5 proxies
    You can add additional proxies for up to $0.50 per proxy, or proxy the entire deck and enter for $10
    Payout: $20 / $15 / $8 / $8 for Top 4, paid out in store credit.
    Fun is a zero-sum game in Magic. Therefore, Prison is the best archetype.

I might be moving to Columbus, GA soon. Anyone from that area know if there are legacy events around? I see that there are probably a few in Atlanta, but I was hoping for some closer to Columbus.

NO FUN JUST PSYCHATOGS
    Oct 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts

Do people still play in MA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook
    This change also changed the sideboard, Xantid Swarm - it’s been real. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebinsugewa View Post
    Do people still play in MA?
    Yes, at That's Entertainment every Sunday except the last Sunday of the month.

Also, GamingEct in Acton Ma does legacy on Tuesdays and for FNM and get a decent turnout for both. (They had 28 for an FNM 2 weeks ago) They are also hold a 1k GPT on April 16th.

Does anyone know of there are any good places to play in the NYC area, other than The Geekery? Nebulous has been failing to make 8 people, and I have heard that the Montasy pay out is atrocious. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thank you.

Sep 2016
    New York, NY

I am a Legacy player recently moved to Manhattan. I'd be down to jam some games or attempt to get events going at some local store (AceOfJacks, w4rlock, whomever). My brother Legacies also and lives here. I plan on going to Nebulous Gaming this Thursday Sep 8th in the hope that the event will fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Le Douche View Post
    I am a Legacy player recently moved to Manhattan. I'd be down to jam some games or attempt to get events going at some local store (AceOfJacks, w4rlock, whomever). My brother Legacies also and lives here. I plan on going to Nebulous Gaming this Thursday Sep 8th in the hope that the event will fire.
    Hey there, did you end up attending and how was the turnout? I've been playing at Montasy in Midtown on Tuesday and we usually get about 8-16. Still trying to make it up to Geekery in Astoria one of these weeks too.

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    Hey there, did you end up attending and how was the turnout? I've been playing at Montasy in Midtown on Tuesday and we usually get about 8-16. Still trying to make it up to Geekery in Astoria one of these weeks too.
    Monday Geekery fires every week.
    Nebulous has seen 2 or 3 weeks in a row with 8+, so I'm hoping that this continues to fire every week.

I have been going to both locations for about a year now, and I still wish Nebulous had more people. They have tons of space, but stuggle to meet 8 consistently.

Geekery also does type 1 once a month, and everyone I've met between there and legacy is pretty decent. No douchebaggery, and the level of play is pretty high overall. Some days you get 14 people, others you get 30+. What I've heard about montasy is mixed, and I don't know anything about nebulous; I assume people go to those places because it's closer to them or they don't want to travel to Astoria?

Fremont, CA
    Bigger Better Games
    Fremont Automall
    Sundays @ 2:00pm
    $15 (or $10 if a lot of newbies show up)
    100% payout in store credit
    4-8 consistently. 4 players = round robin. 10+ players = cut to top 4
    10 proxies allowed

Three weeks in a row where Nebulous has had less than 5 people for Legacy. Sounds like it's dead there. I will try ONE more time in two weeks (as next week is Thanksgiving) ...

Edit: I won't be able to give you any more info, as I have just been banned from this store.
    Last edited by AceOfJacks; 11-30-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Been pretty steady at Campus Cards and Games in Orlando FL this year so far, manage to always have at least 8.
    Friday nights at 7:30, $5 entry, 20 proxies allowed.
    Legacy every week is sweet.

xtuffx

Dec 2008

Game Empire in San Diego is holding legacy tournaments again. Now on Wednesdays. Details below:

7:00 PM start time every Wednesday
    $10 entry
    4 rounds maximum regardless of turnout
    100% of credit goes to half of the field
    7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd Ste 306, San Diego, CA 92111
    (858) 576-1525

The event has fired the last four weeks with a turnout of 18, 20, 20 and 15.

I showed up to the third event that was held and it was a blast to play legacy again at Game Empire. For people who do not know, Game Empire was one of the original hubs for west coast legacy (fka 1.5) and had quite a few contributions to the early legacy metagame.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Gamer's Heaven in Phoenixville PA is looking to start weekly Legacy events starting on Thursday April 27th.

Details are:

$10 Entry, 100% of entry paid out in credit to players with even-or-better records or down to 4th place. Round​ 1 starts at 7 pm.

Thread Information