Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly 1.5 tournaments - Where's yours?

Re: Weekly 1.5 tournaments - Where's yours?

Magic 1.5 is back at Play the Game (formerly Altered States) on Sundays @ NOON (one hour earlier). $5 entry w/ store credit prizes.
    Extended is on thursdays @ 6pm. $3 entry w/ booster pack prizes (in case someone cares...)

Aug 2006
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire

The Magic Horseshoe is where I play. Tourneys: Wednesday @ 3:30 T1.5 free, Fridays are T1.5 or somesort of T2/Limited(2HG, Regular, Draft, Sealed or Sealed 2HG) @ 6:30 with $4.50 entry Pack/Merchandise prize or Consulation Prize worth 50 to 75 cents. All tourneys are swiss style and Sanctioned.

Oct 2006
    I live in Rensselaer.

Science and Hobby in Watervliet NY (Near Albany) has Legacy Tournaments on Saturdays. They just started today, and will be holding them every Saturday at 5:30pm, DCI Sanctioned. It is $5 entry fee for packs or store front credit. You play in a bar! lol.
    ~Dee

... For the mirror
    May 2006
    MN

I run a 1.5 event every Sunday at the Crystal Shinders in the Twin Cities area (Minnesota). It begins at 1:00 pm, and the entry is $5. If you need directions, feel free to PM me, or go to www.shinders.com for a map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obfuscate Freely View Post
    Also, would everyone please stop posting awful lists without Counterbalance in them? Thanks.
    Team IcBE-
    The orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us.
    Team KegStand- No worthwhile tagline

A Whore's Limit Break Uses Anal
    Jun 2006
    Carbondale, IL

We have weekly tournaments each Sunday in the cafeteria area (between McDonald's and Subway) inside the Student Center @ Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, IL. We rotate the format every week, starting @ 12:30pm, with Draft, 10-Proxy Vintage, Extended, Legacy, and Standard being the routine. Entry fee is $5, which basically buys you 2 booster packs; you can also bring your own (T2 legal) packs; what this means is that it's 100% payout. Packs are the prizes, split among the top 4.

Just a note, during the summer (and starting this Sunday, May 13th), we are forced to move to the University Mall Food Court as the Student Center is closed on Sundays through the summer.

If you're in the Southern Illinois region, you can also visit our playgroup's message board here.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by TheAardvark; 05-07-2007 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    People arguing about which foil reprint is better is like a Mormon and a Scientologist having a history argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Don't you know that specifics are deadly poison to H. Machinus? They lack the enzymes to digest them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    What in the janky gay ninja hell is that 25th place deck?

HAS GOTTEN TOP DECKED LIKE NON OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Sep 2006

Gamers Inn Arizona (www.gamersinnaz.com)

Monday night: player's choice tourney but it ends up being free Legacy tourney. 1st, 2nd, 3rd usually gets foil dci cards for prizes.

Tuesday night: Free Legacy night 1st 2nd 3rd gets prizes sometimes 4th gets a promo card.

Wednesday night: type 2 tournament BUT if only 4 people or 5 people show up it's majority vote and can be a free Legacy tourney for prizes.

Thursday night: Legacy $5 bux. Winners gets choice of packs or store credit+promos. The store does give more than average for 5 dollar entry fee.
    ============

Downside is that from mid August through November Legacy scene is just ok because of school. Once November hits we almost always get more than 10 people each tourney.

Even if you guys dont want to come enter the tournaments come and play casuals. There is almost always someone there playing casuals at night after 6pm daily and everyone is relatively easy to talk to about advance mtg strats. I come Tues, Wed, Thurs and I always bring nice trade material with me.

Feb 2006
    Boston

Stillpoint Comics and Games
    120 South Main St.
    Fall River, MA 02721-5325
    http://www.stillpointcomics.com/

Tournaments on Saturdays usually starting a little after 12:00. Sanctioned, with a turnout of about 10-15 people. $3 entry.
    Last edited by Jaynel; 11-07-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: New address

Serious Rider
    Oct 2005

Quote Originally Posted by mikez0r View Post
    Third Place Books
    Lake Forest Park Towne Centre
    17171 Bothell Way NE
    Lake Forest Park, WA 98155
    Tel: 206-366-3333

6:30pm.
    Fridays.
    $3 entry not sanctioned.
    Usually about 30 people attend.
    There are 4 rounds.
    The prizes are packs.
    Mike handed the tourney off to me, Durahan, and Klaan a while back. Entry is $3.50 now (to reflect the Wizards price increase), but everything else is the same.
    Team Info-Ninjas: Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    My Videos: Chiron Beta Prime, Flickr, Re: Your Brains
    Quote Originally Posted by Slay
    Man Kills Seven at popular gaming tournament, buries in backyard. "I was only trying to get thresh," he says.
    -Slay

Quote Originally Posted by Weekend Daddy View Post
    Any 1.5 tournament in Nevada. Prefferably Las Vegas?
    SuperGames Inc.
    281 S Main St.
    Alpharetta, Ga. 30004
    (770)772-4500

Tournaments every Wednesday at 7pm.

Entry fee is $5 which buys you $5 store credit. Winner gets $5*x (where x is the numer of people in play). 3-4 rounds depending on the turnout. 3 rounds for 12 or less people, 4 rounds for 13 or more people. Turnout is usually 12-16.

Are there any tournament at or around the Baltimore, Maryland area?

Jul 2006
    Belluno, Italy

Well, in Germany and only once a month but here we go:

Legacy in Karlsruhe (Baden Würtemberg) after closure of the Magicexchange :

Legacy: every last saturday in the Spiele Pyramide

Entry: ca. 5€

Prices: sigles (Duals, Forces etc.) according to the number of participants (well, we are only normally 8 or 9 [which kinda sucks hard] and we still manage to get some duals 1st place and some wasteland/other playable legacy card for 2nd. More prices are to be rewarded to more places if participation goes up)

__________________________________________________ ____

The next tourney:

MTG T1.5 Legacy-Tournanament

When?: Samstag, den 24.02.2007
    Start: 16.00 Uhr
    Entry fee: 5 Euro

Prices: Duals

__________________________________________________ ____

Also, if you feel like playing magic in this area, feel free to pop into our local friday night drafts/playtesting in the same location

Hopefull to see some more players
    Der_imaginäre_Freund

Site Contributor
    Dec 2004
    Jamaica Plain, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynel View Post
    Wizard's Duel
    675 Centre St
    Brockton, MA (across from the hospital)
    (508) 584-9572

Legacy tournaments on Sundays starting at 12:30 (not sure about sanctioning).
    I live in Newton Centre, and I feel like this is really close to me... are these still happening?

In Las Vegas, Hosehead's Hobbies just started holding sanctioned legacy tournaments yesterday, were going to be holding sanctioned legacy tournies every saturday from now on, located on flamingo and buffalo, in the shopping center behind walgreens, if you have any questions, call 702-989-0730, just ask for joe, they also hold weekly FNM tournies, and about 2 booster drafts a week. call for days and times.

noob all over again
    Feb 2007
    Braintree, Ma

Battleground

1501 Bedford Street (Rt.18) Abington, MA 02351
    Same strip mall as MaryLou's Coffee

Thursday 6pm

$5 entry fee

http://www.battlegroundgames.com/

Feb 2007
    Azle, TX

Any still active legacy tournaments in the dallas-Ft. worth area of texas, and are the ones posted earlier still up and running? i have a fever, and the only cure is more legacy!

Does anyone know of any tournaments in the NJ area?

I'm going to start showing up to CCG in Springfield on Sunday afternoons with Vintage and Legacy decks and maybe a couple other people. If anyone wants to play, bring some decks (enough to loan out 1-2). Eventually, I'd like to get enough players to play weekly or bimonthly Legacy or 10-15 proxy vintage, and maybe even get the Legacy sanctioned. Anyone else planning on attending? Also, is Sunday the best day, or is there another that would be more convenient for the rest of you?

CCG's phone number is 217-793-5229. I'll try to update this with directions/address details.

- Brandon
    BZK! - Storm Boards

Been there, tried that, still casting Doomsday.
    Drawing my deck for 0 mana since 2013.

Why stand on a silent platform?
    Aug 2006
    Surrey, BC

Weekly Legacy is starting up in Vancouver, BC Canada

Comicland
    1112 Austin Ave
    Coquitlam, BC
    604-931-6909

Thursdays at 6:00pm
    Entry Fee is $2 (all goes to prizes which is paid out as store credit)

It will be sanctioned as long as there's 8 people.

I can give anyone further directions to the store if required.

-andrew

Nov 2006
    Shelton, CT

I will be staying in Vegas friday and saturday (maybe sunday) this week. Is there anything relatively close (anything more then a 30 minute drive would probably be to much) that will be happening on this weekend.
    Call me Ishmael

Worst character ever
    Sep 2004
    Newton, MA

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Army_Man View Post
    I live in Newton Centre, and I feel like this is really close to me... are these still happening?
    Brockton's about as close to Newton as Worcester is.
    -Slay
    OH SHIT THERES A HORSE IN THE HOSPITAL

Team Slay and Lego: Slay your a tool and your glasses are almost as GAY as your retarded snitch of a boyfriend Lego. Lego focus on your own game you are a fucking clown and should have heard the rediculous amount of people saying how much of a dick you were being and what kind of a fool you are. I laugh at you two. Seriously you both need attitude adjustments. I have never encountered a larger pair of pussy bitches in my whole life.

Thread Information