Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1284

Thread: [Deck] Spanish Inquisition (B/x Storm Combo)

Re: [Deck] Spanish Inquisition (B/x Storm Combo)

Burnt Offering + Allosaurus Rider, not saying it's good... (double pitch sucks) just had to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Burnt Offering + Allosaurus Rider, not saying it's good... (double pitch sucks) just had to mention it.
    It makes burnt stronger but it Is much more difficult to cast. I am not pretty sure if dryad/cutter/offering worth the pity. However i Will probable give it a try

Sorry for doubling posting. do you think that force of vigor should be in our side? i mean, to deal with chalice @1. I do not know if this makes sense but it could be an option.

My actual side lokes like this:

4 duress
    4 xantid swarm
    4 carpet of flowers
    3 dread of night

Maybe vigor could come in exchange for swarm. Duress + CoF could be enought anti-control hate.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix View Post
    I’ve actually been testing here and there skyshroud cutters and burnt offerings. Hooting mandrills wasn’t as good, vine dryad seemed okay but playing anywhere from 1 to 3 burnt offerings and dryad/cutter gives the deck so much mana it’s stupid. Problem is the 3rd D4 isn’t there yet so the deck can’t play 12. Belchers were out for death wish. It was tweaky and seemed a little faster than usual but I’ve had to play only edh because where I’m living now that’s all peeps play

Edit: has anyone tried act on impulse? Looks good. D3 for 3 but it’s good with LED
    I've seen some lists with bolas' citadel, which I think serves a similar purpose to the draw 4s. If it resolves you probably just win, though it costing 6 does kinda suck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

HI!! Lastnight went to a small tournament (10 guys) with this list:

1 cantor
    1 cutter
    4 guide
    1 thow
    1 vine dryad
    1 skullwinder

4 dark ritual
    4 cabal ritual
    4 culling the weak
    4 tutor infernal
    4 cruel bargain
    4 infernal contract
    4 land grant
    4 pact
    4 tendrils
    4 mox
    4 led
    1 bayou
    1 dryad
    4 Pétal
    1 igg

Side:
    4 x. swarm
    4 duress
    3 dread of night
    2carpet of flowers
    2 veil of summer

I went bad, very bad (1-3) but i won at least 1 game per round :)

The main is classical. I am concerned about the side.I think i have to much against blue. I know it is necesary but so much?
    In the event there was an enchantress (didnt face it) and i had no answer against leyline.
    So i was thinking cutting carpet swarm in fvour of 4 nature´s clain and 2 more veil. My plan against blue would be veil + duress while having answer against permanets.

Advices?

So Once Upon a Time looks tailor made for this deck? Bayou, Dryad Arbor, Vine Dryad, Skyshoud Cutter, Wild Cantor, Elvish Spirit Guide and maybe Simian Spirit Guides and Xantid Swarms as well? Considering there is no Belcher, you can play 4 of the B/G fetch, a 2nd Bayou etc. and this deck starts to look consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    So Once Upon a Time looks tailor made for this deck? Bayou, Dryad Arbor, Vine Dryad, Skyshoud Cutter, Wild Cantor, Elvish Spirit Guide and maybe Simian Spirit Guides and Xantid Swarms as well? Considering there is no Belcher, you can play 4 of the B/G fetch, a 2nd Bayou etc. and this deck starts to look consistent.
    Any result from goldfishing??

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Seems like an awkward draw from a draw 4. Does the deck really need more initial mana source?
    -rob

Can I get a current baseline 75 for this deck? I am making a Legacy gauntlet and want to add it.

have you thought of putting on main pact of negation or summer veil

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Anyone still interested in brewing lists with Burnt Offering and/or Sacrifice, I recently discovered the possibility of Myr Enforcer and Frogmite as excellent sac sources for those rituals. Also playing maindeck 4/4’s looks great when then one can play Rotting Regisaur in sideboard. Turn 1 7/6 off a Dark Ritual looks excellent for man plan sideboard. I’m thinking it will be a SITES shell with main deck ETW.

Other than that line or brewing, Entomb and EoE is probably the fastest list I’ve ever played with potential mills to LED/EoE. Potential Mills to 2? No way...
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Anyone still interested in brewing lists with Burnt Offering and/or Sacrifice, I recently discovered the possibility of Myr Enforcer and Frogmite as excellent sac sources for those rituals. Also playing maindeck 4/4’s looks great when then one can play Rotting Regisaur in sideboard. Turn 1 7/6 off a Dark Ritual looks excellent for man plan sideboard. I’m thinking it will be a SITES shell with main deck ETW.

Other than that line or brewing, Entomb and EoE is probably the fastest list I’ve ever played with potential mills to LED/EoE. Potential Mills to 2? No way...
    I have multiple versions, but Skyshroud Cutter and Summoner's Pact was the most consistent Burnt Offering package.

Wanna share list?

I decided to screw around with a Myr Enforcer, Burnt Offering and Peer Into The Abyss deck today, I was pissing myself laughing the whole time. It might be a mana engine that can replace LEDs and Tutors, the meme value of the deck is unsurpassed regardless.

4 Tendrils of Agony
    4 Peer Into The Abyss
    4 Infernal Contract
    4 Cruel Bargain
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Culling the Meek
    3 Burnt Offering
    3 Myr Enforcer
    4 Frogmite
    4 Shield Sphere
    3 Phyrexian Walker
    4 Vault of Whispers
    3 Darksteel Citadul
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Lotus Petal

Peer into the abbyss looks awful, although funny

I think the deck needs a way to turn summoner's pact into gas. Ive been looking at green creatures but nothing seems to fit the bill, any ideas? Hopefully they print a green slithermuse or something

Quote Originally Posted by asobitai View Post
    I think the deck needs a way to turn summoner's pact into gas. Ive been looking at green creatures but nothing seems to fit the bill, any ideas? Hopefully they print a green slithermuse or something
    Elvish visionary always comes to my mind. Im not sure if she could replace pact, but she could gain 2 slots imo

Mar 2008
    Boa Vista RR (in the brazilian jungle)

Somehow URO comes into my mind. Not sure about the trigger and stack order, but we can draw card, play land (works well with fetchlands), cast Culling the weak in respone to the sac trigger.
    In case of mana flooding we can recast Uro from the graveyard. The lifegain is great for longer draw4 chains and a 6/6 trampler could be an alternative win-con. This card is so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by the resurrection View Post
    Somehow URO comes into my mind. Not sure about the trigger and stack order, but we can draw card, play land (works well with fetchlands), cast Culling the weak in respone to the sac trigger.
    In case of mana flooding we can recast Uro from the graveyard. The lifegain is great for longer draw4 chains and a 6/6 trampler could be an alternative win-con. This card is so stupid
    Yeah, but blue spot Is nasty. Made me feel nostalgic about the Man plan:

4 phyrexian negator / tombstalker
    3 tomb of urami
    4 veil of summer
    4 nature claim

AND ...thinking about this...has anybody a side guide for this strategy?

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    Yeah, but blue spot Is nasty. Made me feel nostalgic about the Man plan:

4 phyrexian negator / tombstalker
    3 tomb of urami
    4 veil of summer
    4 nature claim

AND ...thinking about this...has anybody a side guide for this strategy?
    Rotting Regisaur looks promising. over the Negator/Tombstalker slot.

If you want a partial man-plan, I'd play..

4 Carpet of Flowers
    4 Xantid Swarm/Pact of Negation
    4 Rotting Regisaur
    3 Tomb of Urami
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

Thread Information