Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1284

Thread: [Deck] Spanish Inquisition (B/x Storm Combo)

Nov 2010
    Japan

Re: [Deck] Spanish Inquisition (B/x Storm Combo)

Turn 1 D4 with no mana left over is understandable. What I want to stress more is that your plans also should consider what resources you will have after a D4. A D4 that cost you three or four cards leaving you with more options if only you draw more initial mana (and perhaps the ability to actually pass the turn if you don't) is an entirely different animal than one that cost you six cards and/or Summoner's Pact to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgarnian123 View Post
    Thanks for all the help! You've definitely given me a decent amount of information to work with; I think I'll start with -1 IGG, -1 Cantor, -1 Dark Petition, +1 Tendrils, +2 Manamorphose and go from there (I imagine I'll probably miss having another Pactman for Culling, but there are some nice non-Cantor options there as well). It's nice to know I'm not as far off as I thought from how this deck is meant to perform when it does well; hopefully I can make it to the 55-60% turn one range (and get better at identifying when I should mull or pass).
    As for going all-in on a D4 with no mana left, that seems to be the only line for a lot of hands that can *attempt* to win turn one. I imagine that most of those hands are probably ones you keep and pass with.
    I suggest not to cut cantor. Is so good as filter. You can tutor her and filter to cast slittermuse or whatever you want. Let know us how you go with your work but i do not recomend cut that girl.

My critter pack after shaman ban looks like this:

2 Tow
    1 cantor
    4 SSG
    1 S. cutter
    1 Slitermuse
    1 arbor

Feb 2016
    New England region USA

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCid View Post
    I suggest not to cut cantor. Is so good as filter. You can tutor her and filter to cast slittermuse or whatever you want. Let know us how you go with your work but i do not recomend cut that girl.

2 Tow
    1 cantor
    4 SSG
    1 S. cutter
    1 Slitermuse
    1 arbor
    What is your feeling on Skyshroud Cutter? I hated giving my opponent a buffer of essentially 3 storm. Also, SSG? I assume you mean ESG?
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

Quote Originally Posted by UnOrthodox Bird View Post
    What is your feeling on Skyshroud Cutter? I hated giving my opponent a buffer of essentially 3 storm. Also, SSG? I assume you mean ESG?
    Yeah right, mistake with belcher...ESG correct.

Cutter....i like it because is tutoreable, free stuff, produce no card diadvantaje however, it raises the storm notoriously.
    It is fair, just that.

Vine dryad is other option but i have no experience.

Feb 2016
    New England region USA

No worries. My main deck is belcher, so I am constantly talking about SSG. Was just wondering because I saw a list recently using 4x Burning Wish and 2x PiF mainboard and though maybe people are actually playing it and it isn't hot garbage (it is hot garbage).
    Belcher Aficionado. Lover of Burning Wish.
    Decks I Play/Pimped:
    Experimental Doomsday
    Bizarro Stormy
    TES
    ScapeWish
    UBr Tezzerator/Painter brews

Quote Originally Posted by UnOrthodox Bird View Post
    No worries. My main deck is belcher, so I am constantly talking about SSG. Was just wondering because I saw a list recently using 4x Burning Wish and 2x PiF mainboard and though maybe people are actually playing it and it isn't hot garbage (it is hot garbage).
    If i had to run 4 wish and pif, i d rather play classical belcher...

Nov 2010
    Japan

2 Tow
    1 cantor
    4 SSG
    1 S. cutter
    1 Slitermuse
    1 arbor
    "Wild Cantor is so good as filter" doesn't seem like a very compelling argument to me. Wild Cantor is probably the most versatile mana filter effect you can have in this deck, but I don't think that "filtering green to black" is worth the cost of a card. Personally, I'd rather lose to not having black mana than lose to spending a card to make black mana. The card just seems very situational, and I think the deck can only support so many situationally relevant cards since they effect the quality of your D4s. That being said, it looks like you're not playing an Eternal Witness/Skullwinder, so I can support Wild Cantor in the deck if you're considering it to be in *that* slot since the regrowth creature is just as situational if not completely uncastable a lot of the time.

In that vein, it looks to me like you're playing a ton of extremely situational cards by playing 2nd Trow, Cantor *and* Cutter. I look at that configuration and I question how often you're casting D4s only to come up short on resources because you drew creatures that end up doing nothing if they're even castable at all as you attempt to go off. I'd rather draw dead copies of Culling the Weak later in my combo than the cards that rely on Culling the Weak to function, and I'd hate to have to mulligan hands that couldn't even get off of the ground because they have multiple do-nothing creatures in them.

Although your arguments are consistent cantor allows my not to mulligan hand like this:

CB, DR, LED, ESG. Cantor, IT, CB or
    SP, DR, DR, CB, Cantor, D4, ESG or
    SP, ESG, DR, CB, petal, CB, Muse and so on

I am not saying that morphose is bad, cantor is seen by my as a tutoreable filter. id cut her maybe if i would not run muse.

Nov 2010
    Japan

You are able to keep those hands because Wild Cantor is in your deck, but you have effectively mulliganed down to six anyway by spending Cantor to make the black mana in the first place. I honestly don't know if that's better or worse than taking an actual mulligan--as long as people are aware that this is what is happening when they play Wild Cantor in their deck, then I've made my point. That's why I don't like Wild Cantor, but I couldn't argue that it's all downside to have the card in your deck.

You do have a point about Slithermuse, though. Blue mana is real tough to get, so I play IGG in the slot half of the time when I play this deck.

Slithermuse is the most flexible slot. It is hard to cast and get more than 4 cards. But if you can it is simply amazing.
    What do you suggest there?

Hey all, I like to play this deck at my local events since I own mostly foil ANT and thought it would be a fun side project to foil this deck out as well.

Currently my list is:
    60 Cards:
    9 Creatures:
    1 Skullwinder
    1 Skyshroud Cutter
    1 Slithermuse
    1 Wild Cantor
    1 Slitherhead
    4 Elvish Spirit Guides
    16 Instants:
    4 Cabal Ritual
    4 Culling the Weak
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Summoner’s Pact
    19 Sorceries:
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    2 Tendrils of Agony
    4 Land Grant
    4 Cruel Bargain
    4 Infernal Contract
    4 Infernal Tutor
    14 Artifacts:
    2 Goblin Charbelcher
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 LED
    4 Lotus Petal
    2 Lands:
    1 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    Sideboard:
    4 Carpet of Flowers
    4 Xantid Swarm
    4 Duress
    3 Tomb of Urami

Right now I'm on the 15 out plan. -5 non-ESG creatures (leaving Dryad Arbor in), -4 CtW, -4 Summoner's Pact, -2 Charbelcher.
    What I'm currently considering is cutting one of the pact targets for a Dark Petition. Has anyone had any success with this card?

I always felt it like a heavy card...

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

it's good as a 1 or 2. i like it. maybe in 1 of the charbelcher spots.
    -rob

Ok, almost 1 year with no posts. Let`s reload this.

I am tempted to run this in a "healthy group" to see what occurs.

I got 1 skullwinder! so id like to take this:

4 dark ritual
    4 cabal ritual
    4 Culling the weak
    4 cruel bargain
    4 infernal contract
    4 land grant
    4 S. pact
    4 infernal tutor
    4 Tendrils of agony
    1 IGG

4 LED
    4 Chrome mox
    4 lotus petal

4 ESG
    1 Odiosous Thow
    1 Wild cantor
    1 Skullwinder
    1 Skyshoud cutter
    1 Vine Dryad

1 bayou
    1 Dryad arbor

SB (still deciding)

4 X. swarm
    3-4 Carpet of flowers
    3 Dread of night
    4 Duress
    0-1 belcher

I expect skullwinder to reduce fizzle (or i hope to).

Any opinion is welcomed
    Last edited by GoldenCid; 07-13-2019 at 05:49 PM.

No belcher main? I kinda figured 2 main or something would be good enough to get sneaky kills here and there without needing to storm out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy decks: mono U painter, strawberry shortcake, imperial painter, solidarity, burn
    EDH decks: zedruu voltron, rakdos the defiler, persistent petitioners, blind seer

Yes. No belcher. I wanna try it. In the past i had a moderated ratio of no killing activation.
    However, it Is always un muy mind

Psilovibin
    Apr 2008

Yeah right, mistake with belcher...ESG correct.

Cutter....i like it because is tutoreable, free stuff, produce no card diadvantaje however, it raises the storm notoriously.
    It is fair, just that.

Vine dryad is other option but i have no experience.
    I’ve actually been testing here and there skyshroud cutters and burnt offerings. Hooting mandrills wasn’t as good, vine dryad seemed okay but playing anywhere from 1 to 3 burnt offerings and dryad/cutter gives the deck so much mana it’s stupid. Problem is the 3rd D4 isn’t there yet so the deck can’t play 12. Belchers were out for death wish. It was tweaky and seemed a little faster than usual but I’ve had to play only edh because where I’m living now that’s all peeps play

Edit: has anyone tried act on impulse? Looks good. D3 for 3 but it’s good with LED
    Luck is a residue of design.

I'm an aspiring Psychedelic Trance musician. Please feel free to enjoy my sense of life:
    http://soundcloud.com/vacrix

Expect me or die. I play SI.

I am not sure if you are sugesting playing Burnt offering instead of culling the weak or playing both.
    If it's so, what would you cut? I think the deck provides a good amount of mana. Maybe the weakness Is to get more Fuel.

I am not sure if you are sugesting playing Burnt offering instead of culling the weak or playing both.
    If it's so, what would you cut? I think the deck provides a good amount of mana. Maybe the weakness Is to get more Fuel.
    Cabal Ritual is the weak link if you're going the Skyshroud Cutter and Vine Dryad/Burnt Offering route.

Can you suggest a list?

Thread Information