Thread: Pact of Negation

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Pact of Negation

If your Pact of Negation gets countered do you still have to pay for it at the beginning of your next upkeep?

Also, with hive mind in play, if I play pact of the titian and in response counter it with pact of negation, can my opponent choose to counter the copy of the Pact of the titian with their copy of Pact of Negation in order to forgo paying the cost of Pact of the Titian?

On my own buddy list
    Jun 2007
    Bristol RI

Re: Pact of Negation

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Pact of Negation

Pact of Negation 0
    Instant
    Pact of Negation is blue.
    Counter target spell.
    At the beginning of your next upkeep, pay 3UU. If you don't, you lose the game.
    Spells only create effects if they resolve. Does your Lightning Bolt deal 3 damage if it's countered?

Hive Mind 5U
    Enchantment
    Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell, each other player copies that spell. Each of those players may choose new targets for his or her copy.
    Your Pact of the Titan is still on the stack if your Pact of Negation is targeting it. Heck, he doesn't even have to change the target of the copy.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information