Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: GP Columbus - What's Happening?

Hold on! I have a 12/12
    Mar 2007
    Germany

Re: GP Columbus - What's Happening?

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    I'm not sure if you can call Muller (GP Madrid) a pro, since he had less than 20 points prior to the GP.
    You can absolutely call him a pro but you'd be wrong.

Congrats, Bryant; I didn't have time to follow the action but here I have heard you did extraordinarily well. Way to represent Syracuse and "Storm" your way to the end.

Very cool.

Team NO ID

Jul 2008
    Holland

But he wasn't a legacy player either.

Guess Saito is the real master.

Can't wait for the next European Legacy GP.

Sep 2005
    Maryland (Frederick)

Congrats to Bryant for the Top 8! Awesome job.

I played TES, was x-1 (3 byes) after day 1, only losing the psuedo-mirror to Ari Lax's U/B Tendrils deck. I beat 3 Force of Will decks, and had some pretty insane plays Day 1, including a game against Enchantress where he had Runed Halo on Tendrils with a Sterling Grove in play. I had to run Dim. Returns into AdN into Grapeshot for 20. lol.

Wheels kinda fell off the bus day 2, starting out with a tough loss to the DD/SnT deck that made top 8. He thoughtseized me 3 times in Game 1, and was still dead if he didn't rip his singleton Confinement. Also, I lost twice to Goblins on Day 2 (Punting hard once, mild punt/incorrect judgement the other time) :(

I ended up X-5 in 48th place. Not exactly what I was hoping for after an X-1 day 1, with 85% opp match win percentage, but oh well, there's always next time. And I did get to play (and beat) AJ Sacher, David Williams and Wafo-Tapo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Rotten View Post
    Extirpate reminds me of the little kids who mills you with some bad milling card looking carefully at the cards that hit the yard and then says, "ha! I just milled your StP. Now you can't use it."

xtuffx

Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    People should not hate on Brad Nelson. The guy is a good player and also not one of those pros that, while writing articles goes on forums calls people derogatory names and make outlandish claims for site hits.
    He just does articles and wins. Just to make it into top 8 on GP was tremendous and he did it without knowing many of the 600000000000000 interactions in Legacy.
    He was actually fairly rude at Pro Tour: San Diego to multiple people that I know. I will agree that he is good, but he also plays A LOT of MTGO.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by HAVE HEART View Post
    He was actually fairly rude at Pro Tour: San Diego to multiple people that I know. I will agree that he is good, but he also plays A LOT of MTGO.
    I stand corrected.
    I do not know him personaly and what i do know of him is from the articles he does and online. Could be the heat got to him, The paper cuts from shuffling idk?
    Anyway, I like to assume that most are good people with bad days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BWM View Post
    I'm not sure if you can call Muller (GP Madrid) a pro, since he had less than 20 points prior to the GP.
    And he played like a donk in the final but got lucky and won. Or I should say the asian guy got unlucky maybe..

I'll was standing behind muller when he Mtutor'ed for a thoughtseize instead of Fow for protection the turn before he could make Iona. That was dumb considering the opp could have brainstorm AND had top in play which made force a better spell to get. well well then what does he do? he thoughtseizes go. I mean Why make Iona against ant when you can wait and see what happens on his turn right =D ? And no, the opp hadn't tutored for his wipeaway..

On a different note, how can you guys complain about mt ban when it gives rise to top8s like this one? much cooler decks than madrid !

xtuffx

Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    I stand corrected.
    I do not know him personaly and what i do know of him is from the articles he does and online. Could be the heat got to him, The paper cuts from shuffling idk?
    Anyway, I like to assume that most are good people with bad days.
    I do know it was on the weekend after he had been bounced from the Pro Tour, so it is possible that he was steamed from that, but it just seems unnecessary to berate one's opponent.

Thread Information