Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storming to Top 8: GP Columbus

Storming to Top 8: GP Columbus

When deciding what to play at GP: Columbus my decision was really simple, I only play one deck….so I ran it. My car, Colin Chilbert (Di), Carl Dillahay (Carlitobunz), and Dan Walton left early Friday morning to leave for Columbus. It was good laughs and fun, we played games with other drivers, including a college girl driving topless on I-90 in New York. Yes, a girl driving topless, she was hott too.

We had decided not to stop in Cleveland for food after the last GP: Columbus, when we were almost shot at leaving a Pizza Hut. Not a lie.

We finally got to the convention center, when I walk in we find out it’s a different room than the first GP: Columbus. The room is huge with a glowing ceiling. I tell Colin, “They’re going to need this room to contain my ego for after I win”. Like my ego isn’t big enough right? Shortly after, we met up with friends, chatted, and looked at the dealer booths.

I was trying to get rid of my two Japanese foil City of Brass so I could buy two Japanese foil Dark Rituals for my deck. But dealers were offering me anything from 10$ to 30$ for a card worth close to 70$. I ended up trading them to a friend for two Tundra, traded the two tundra to SCG for 50-60. With the tundra’s were a few extra Japanese foils (Xantid Swarm and a Chain of Vapor, the chain was peeling). I got 50$ for a peeling Chain! This lead me to finish off my set of Dark Rituals and have my deck down to 5 non-Japanese foils.

I waited in line to see Christopher Moeller and Steve Prescott to get my foil EDH cards signed. After this I played a three person EDH game with some guys from Albany. I decided to play Godo versus Thraximundar and Vorosh, let me tell you, Godo is unstoppable.

I lead off the game with….
    Turn one, Mana Crypt, Solring, Mountain, Thran Dynamo.
    Turn two, Gauntet of Might, Sword of Fire/ice, Mountain go.
    Turn three, Sundering Titan, mountain. (It gets Terminated)
    Turn four, Godo gets sword of Vengeance, equip both Swords, swing. (People scoop)

Mono red EDH, who knew?

After Carl Dilladay and Dan Walton were done Grinding and Drafting we went to Barley’s Restaurant and Pub. They had the BEST beer, it was a raspberry wheat brew, delicious, and it went well with my buffalo chicken wrap. After dinner we went back to the hotel where outside were our friends from Syracuse who have been drinking. I decided drinking the day before the GP was a bad idea, so I filled out my deck reg. and went to bed.

The EPIC Storm

4 Gemstone Mine
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    2 City of Brass
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Infernal Tutor
    3 Orim’s Chant
    1 Silence
    4 Duress
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Tendrils of Agony

1 Diminishing Returns
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Thoughtsieze
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Wipeaway
    1 Eye of Nowhere
    1 Shattering Spree
    2 Echoing Truth
    3 Pyroblast

When I arrive in the morning I find out that the other people from Syracuse are too hungover to play Magic: the Gathering. What a disappointment.

Round One: **Bye**

1-0
    0-0

Round Two: Tim with UWr Thoptertop

Game One: I turn one Duress and see Force, Jace, Swords, Swords, and lands. I take Force of Will. He plays fetch, go. I Brainstorm, into Brainstorm, Ponder, Ritual. I put back a Mox and a land. Play a fetchland, fetch, brainstorm, into Ad Nauseam, Petal, Rite of Flame. I put Wish and Nauseam on top. Making my hand…. Dark Ritual, Petal, Rite of Flame, Ponder, Chant, land, and Lion’s Eye Diamond. Draw Wish, land, Petal, Rite of Flame, Chant, Ritual, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Ponder, in response crack it for BBB. Ad Nauseam, he looks at the flop and scoops.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Empty the Warrens, -1 Chrome Mox, -1 Ponder, -1 Silence, +3 Pyroblast, +1 Wipeaway, +1 Krosan Grip

Game Two: I keep a hand of Fetch, Fetch, Rite of Flame, Dark Ritual, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Infernal Tutor, Ad Nauseam. I keep. He leads off with fetch, go. I draw a Mox, land go. He plays island, top, go. I go all in on Ad Nauseam and he forces. Leaving me with an Infernal Tutor in hand and a LED in play. Next turn he plays Counterbalance and EE for 0. I decide to save some time and scoop.

Game Three: I mulligan to five… Land, land, Duress, Dark Ritual, Ad Nauseam…. Keep? I lead off with fetch, Underground Sea, Duress, he has Counterbalance, top, Thopter foundry x2 and lands. I take CB. He plays land, top. I draw a land, go. He tops, says go. I draw Mox, land, Dark Ritual, Ad Nauseam? Resolves. I can’t believe I’m in this game after a mulligan to five… I stop at 2 and Grapeshot him out.

2-0
    2-1

Round Three: Tony with Merfolk

Game One: We start talking while we shuffle; he seems like a cool guy, he’s wearing an Eve6 shirt. Starts saying they’re going on tour with a new CD coming out soon, I made a joke about how they’ll be like Blink 182 singing about their kids. Lame right?
    He starts off with Mutavault, vial go. I start out with, Underground Sea, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Rite of Flame, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Infernal Tutor. Ad Nauseam.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Chrome Mox, -1 Ponder, +3 Pyroblast

Game Two: He keeps a hand, and says go. No land, nothing. I start off with a Duress, I see 2x Force, Cursecatcher, lords, vial. I take a force. He draws, discards Lord, passes. I draw a land, play it pass, he goes, island Cursecatcher. I play Chant. He lets it resolve. I play Rite of Flame, Dark Ritual, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Infernal. Ad Nauseam.

3-0
    4-1

Round Four: Tom with Ur Sneak Attack

Game One: He starts out with Ancient Tomb, Remove SSG (At this point I’m thinking FUCK, here comes the Trinisphere). Instead, he goes Seething Song, Sneak attack, Progenitus. While I kept a hand that went, Brainstorm, Petal, Petal, Mox (Imprint: Infernal) Duress, Ritual, ETW. He didn’t have another dude. I got there.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Chrome Mox, -1 Ponder, -1 Empty the Warrens, -1 Silence, +3 Pyroblast, +2 Echoing Truth

Game Two: I Mulligan to 6, he mulligan’s to five. He starts off with island, go. I play land go. He plays Ancient Tomb, Show and Tell, I pyroblast it. I play land, go. He plays Show and Tell, Progenitus. I play Silence, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Burning Wish, Diminishing Returns. Brainstorm, Mox (Imprint Duress) Ritual, Ritual, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Infernal, Wish, Tendrils. Tom is probably the coolest and nicest guy I played in the event.

4-0
    6-1

Round Five: DJ with UW Thoptertop

Game One: I mulligan, this is a long one, I draw literally all 4 Duress but he keeps all of his good cards on top with Top in play. I attempt to go off twice but he flips top and counters. He eventually landed Counterbalance and won.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Empty the Warrens, -1 Chrome Mox, -1 Ponder, -1 Silence, +3 Pyroblast, +1 Wipeaway, +1 Krosan Grip

Game Two: He has a turn two Cannonist, I grip it on the end of his third turn. On turn four he plays Counterbalance, I pyroblast it, he has Force. I’m slowly locked out after this. Now, this isn’t me being a sore loser, but this guy wasn’t fun to play against and barely said a word during the entire round. Doushe.

4-1
    6-3

Round Six: Emmanuel with Ur Eldrazi

Game One: We start talking he’s a nice guy, he won his local GPT with 8 people. NICE. He’s shuffling and shows me a Lotus Petal and a Brainstorm, I’m thinking combo mirror. I keep a hand of Chrome Mox, Infernal Tutor, Duress, Burning Wish, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Rite of Flame on the play. Iffy hand I know, but with a mana source I win. I Duress him and see Grim Monolith, Power artifact, Emrakul and 4 lands. I never see another mana source in 8 turns.

Game Two: I resolve Ad Nauseam on turn two after a turn one Duress.

Game Three: I keep a hand with Tendrils, Burning Wish, Rite of Flame, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Dark Ritual, Land, Land. He plays island go. I draw Duress. Duress him. He plays island, Grim Monolith. I draw Dark Ritual. I play Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Rite of Flame, Tendrils of Agony, Burning Wish, Tendrils of Agony.

5-1
    8-4

Round Seven: Misha with Zoo

Game One: He mulligan’s into a double Steepe Linx hand with Chain Lightnings and Bolts. I go to 13 after sitting there, I wasn’t under pressure so I decided to wait until I was more stable to go off. I got to 4 lands and decided it was time to win, I Diminishing Returns into 3 chants, Ritual, Ad Nauseam, land. I pass. Upkeep Chant with kicker. Untap, Ad Nauseam. Win.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Empty the Warrens, -1 Chrome Mox, +2 Echoing Truth, +1 Wipeaway

Game Two: I keep a hand of Underground Sea, Duress, Lotus Petal, Dark Ritual, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Burning Wish. I played all of them into Empty the Warrens. He scoops.

6-1
    10-4

Round Eight: Jeff with Combo Elves

Game One: A man that appreciates pimp, he starts off with a Japanese Foil wooded Foothills into a Guru Forest, into a DCI Foil Llanowar. I start off with Japanese Foil Scalding Tarn, FBB German Underground… I cast Diminishing Returns on turn two and Fizzle. Upkeep chant him. Untap Ritual, Ad Nauseam, win.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Empty the Warrens, +2 Echoing Truth

Game Two: He mulligan’s into Leyline. I have a hand of Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Ritual, Land, Infernal Tutor. He starts out the game with Leyline. He plays a bunch of Dorks. I am trying like hell to get Hellbent. But I keep Brainstorming into Duress, Silence, Chant. I Silence him and he tells me I can’t because of Leyline. Which I find out later is incorrect, because Silence doesn’t target… I then lose because of protection.

Sideboarding: -1 Chrome Mox, +1 Wipe Away

Game Three: I’m stuck because he mulliganed into leyline and I’m thinking he has Chant because he left his Savannah open all game. I have Wipeaway and Chant in hand, so I decide to wait until I need to win so I don’t lose to his Chant. I eventually hit a third land and Wipeaway his leyline. Chant him, and go off with Infernal for my third Lion’s Eye Diamond, Burning Wish, Ill-Gotten Gains, Infernal, 2x Lion’s Eye Diamond, Tendrils. He was a good opponent and a fun guy to play against, I hope he made day two.

7-1
    12-5

Round Nine: Tom Ross with Zoo

Game One: I get FLOODED, I mean I have six lands in play, with two still in hand. I eventually Ponder into Lion’s Eye Diamond and win.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Empty the Warrens, -1 Chrome Mox, +2 Echoing Truth, +1 Wipeaway

Game Two: He has a turn one Wild Nactl, two Gaddeck Teeg, turn three 3x Burn Spells. I’m out, it’s been real.

Game Three: I cast Diminishing Returns on my turn two, I have all shorts of gas but nothing to do with it, I ponder into nothing, shuffle, draw Echoing Truth. He plays Gaddeck Teeg, next turn, Pillar. I then draw Tendrils of Agony. I go to Echoing Truth Gaddeck Teeg and he REB’s it. I scoop, he reveals two Mindbreak trap.

7-2
    13-6

That’s the end of day one. Carl Dillahay and I made day two out of our car, Colin and Dan Walton both lost the final rounds not to make day two. We ended up going to this awesome restaurant (I can’t remember the name), where I order a Buffalo Chicken Sandwhich and Fries. Everyone agrees that the fries are the greatest fries we’ve ever hand.

Starting day two at 9am, there wasn’t much time for food. Therefore, I didn’t eat. I have these crazy days in magic and I feel like I just can’t lose no matter what I do, this was one of those days.

Round Ten: Jason with Belcher

Game One: I mulligan to five, keep a hand of land, Dark Ritual, Lotus Petal, Empty the Warrens, Infernal Tutor. He starts off the game with cycle two Street Wraith, Belcher, go. I draw a land, go Etw for 6. I daw a Mox, bash for six, Infernal for Chant. Pass. He rips petal and wins. I had him next turn… bummer.

Sideboarding: None

Game Two: I don’t really remember this game, but my notes say “Diminishing Returns into the nuts”.

Game Three: Let me tell you, playing magic when you have to poop is the last thing on your mind. I’m trying to rush this entire game. I keep a hand with Silence in it so I can stop him, it also has a bunch of mana and an Infernal. He goes all in on an Empty for 8. I missed my chance to Silence him because he only had 3 mana and I figured I could get more out of it. But he removed SSG with an LED in play. I guess if it was Belcher I could’ve lost…but it wasn’t. I then Silence him and go off with Ad Nauseam. He’s double and triple checking my storm and mana, I’m dying here, I kill him with Tendrils. I’m rushing to pick up my stuff and leave, but he’s now talking to me about storm combo. I apologize and leave.

All of that Buffalo chicken got to me, but it was worth it.

8-2
    15-7

Round Eleven: Mike with Landstill

Game One: He mulligan’s to five. I Duress him he has 2 crucible and a swords. I win next turn with Ad Nauseam.

Game Two: I keep a hand of Empty the Warrens, Chrome Mox, Burning Wish, Ad Nuaseam, Ponder, Infernal, City of Brass. My hand looks nothing like this when I try to win. There’s a few brainstorms and fetches. Plus, it’s a long game. I eventually get to the point where I have 2x Dark Ritual, Infernal, Tendrils, Burning Wish, Lion’s Eye Diamond, and Petal in my hand with 4 lands in play. I draw a Chant. Chant him, he counterspells. I play out my mana, infernal for a second Ritual. Cast it, he debates countering it, if he does I lose. It resolves. I wish floating 4 black, if he counters I win, if he doesn’t I lose. He counters. I kill him from 19 with my Tendrils in hand. If he uses the Force I know he has in his hand he loses too. A judge is watching, he recounts storm and mana at least 5 times. The judge eventually says, “Are you going to sign the sheet.” I try to hold my laughter in and he kicks up his cards.

9-2
    17-7

Round Twelve: Korey with Ur Sneak Attack
    Game One: This is the longest game I had of the day, I drew too much protection. I attempt to go off but his soft counters (Daze, Spell Pierce) force to tap all but two of my six lands. He plays Sneak Attack and puts Emrakul into play… I’m just staring at my hand. I’m about to scoop when it dawns on me that Orim’s Chant has Kicker. I kick it. Untap Chant, Ad Nauseam.

Game Two: Blood Moon.

Game Three: I play a turn two Brainstorm and have this decision… I have Dark Ritual, Underground Sea. Silence, Chant, Rite of Flame, Lotus Petal, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Burning Wish. I decide that he’s going to Blood Moon me out again or at least try. I put Dark Ritual then Sea on top. Sure enough he plays Blood Moon. I untap, Rite of Flame, Petal, Silence him, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Burning Wish, Empty the Warrens for 12. He plays Sneak Attack off of Seething Song, Emrakul, swing. I sacrifice 3 Dudes and 3 lands. I untap swing. He makes it clear that he doesn’t have a dude in hand. He fetches EOT. I cut to my death. It’s brainstorm, he doesn’t see a dude and the crowd goes wild.

10-2
    19-8

Round Thirteen: Max with Goblins

Game One: He mulligans to five, I kept an awesome hand versus blue. Not so much against Goblins. He draws 4 ports, no mountains and is just porting me. Thankfully, I have no Cities. I decide it’s time to be ironic and kill him with goblins, so I Burning Wish for Empty the Warrens for 14.

Sideboarding: -1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Empty the Warrens, +2 Echoing Truth

Game Two: I don’t really have enough mana to do anything, but I have Echoing Truth to stop his hate, so I keep. It becomes land go for awhile. He eventually get’s 3 Warchiefs and nothing else, I just smile and start laughing, Echoing Truth Goblin Warchief? I duress him and name Mindbreak Trap before it reveals. HE HAS TWO DAMMIT. I take one. On my turn Wish, Thoughtseize. Pass, he hits me for four with Warchiefs. I play a bunch of mana and Lion’s Eye Diamond, Wish, Diminishing Returns. I get a decent hand that needs mana, I ponder. Shuffle, draw LION’S EYE DIAMOND, play it, Infernal for Tendrils.

11-2
    21-8

Round Fourteen: Carl with New Horizons

Game One: It always sucks to play your friends in large events, especially day two of a Grand Prix with someone you drove with. I keep a hand with 2 lands, 2 Lion’s Eye Diamonds, Infernal Tutor, Duress, and Burning Wish. I Duress him twice this game to the point where all he has is Daze and Stifle. I end up drawing all 4 infernal tutors by turn 4 when I try to win. Carl cracks Canopy into Force of Will.

Game Two: He mulligans. I have an opening hand of Infernal Tutor, Rite of Flame, Duress, Duress, Underground Sea, Gemstone Mine, Lion’s Eye Diamond. I lead off with Duress, He forces. I draw Dark Ritual. I duress. It hits. He has nothing. I go off next turn with Ad Nauseam.

Game Three: This game is very much like game two except I have a turn one Duress, turn 2 Wish for Thoughtsieze, turn 3 Thoughtseize, turn 4 Chant, Ritual, Rite of Flame, Rite of Flame, Ad Nauseam from my hand. It always sucks to beat a good friend, I felt awful, but someone had to win. I had to take deep breaths in order to get through the round I was so nervous.

12-2
    23-9

Round Fifteen: Ari Lax with ANT

Game One: He has two Duress and tons of mana and resolves Nauseam before I can.

Sideboarding: -1 Empty the Warrens, +1 Pyroblast

Game Two: This game is a straight up cripple fight. He goes all in turn one after I go Sea, Ponder into Chant, Petal go. He casts 2 Lotus Petal, land, Grim Tutor for Lion’s Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, Lotus Petal, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Lion’s Eye Diamond, Infernal, I chant him. He gets Duress. It’s dragged out a ton, I mini Tendrils him down to 5 at one point. We each had tons of protection to rip apart the other person. I end up drawing Infernal casting it, getting Nauseam and passing. He passes. I cast Nauseam from 24… he keeps saying just show me the Tendrils, I refuse because well he has a condescending tone in his voice the entire round and was a bit cocky. I Burning Wished for Grapeshot, he responds with, “Real cute, real cute.”

Game Three: I keep a hand of Tendrils, Duress, Underground Sea, Chant, Ponder, Gemstone, Petal. He Thoughtseizes me, takes Chant. I draw Duress, I Duress him, take Ill-Gotten Gains because he wasn’t able to be hellbent without it. He Duresses me, takes Duress. I draw Orim’s Chant. Ponder, Shuffle, draw Lion’s Eye Diamond. Play it, pass. He goes all in, I Chant him. I draw Infernal tutor and win sometime after. He lost the confidence he had the first two games during game three, he was much more of a real person.

13-2
    25-10
    Round Sixteen: Caleb with Survival Madness

Damon tells me I don’t look that hot, I explain it’s because I haven’t eaten today. I decide it’s probably time to get something to eat. Someone asks why I hadn’t eaten yet that day and I explained what a perfect game in baseball is.

13-2-1
    25-10-1

Top 8: Caleb with Survival Madness

Event Coverage

13-3-1
    25-12-1

All in all it was a great time, I blame myself for eating round sixteen, maybe I would’ve taken it down if I hadn’t. Oh well.

Thank you to everyone who was rooting for me.

Re: Storming to Top 8: GP Columbus

Nice job Bryant!! The next time I'm in Ohio for a GP I won't drink the night before so I can play in it.

Trying to trade into power!!!
    Hit me up if you have any unlimited power that isn't creased. Maybe we can make a deal.

Etherium is limited. Innovation is not.
    Aug 2006
    Columbus, OH

Nice job beating out several difficult matchups, including all of the decks with blue in them (Merfolk, Thopter, Landstill, New Horizons, etc).
    Sligh
    Mentor Control
    The Mind Harvester
    4c Nobleblade

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    In porn terms, Zoo has a 11" shlong and an impressive money shot, but it's over in 4 minutes, whereas Landstill is a good 8" and can go for 30 minutes.

congrats, ... ari lax was a cocky mf - but he is good.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I decided drinking the day before the GP was a bad idea, so I filled out my deck reg. and went to bed.

... he keeps saying just show me the Tendrils, I refuse because well he has a condescending tone in his voice the entire round and was a bit cocky. I Burning Wished for Grapeshot, he responds with, “Real cute, real cute.”
    He lost the confidence he had the first two games during game three, he was much more of a real person.
    Best part of the report. That's the true power of the Grapeshot.

Great work! I must say you're the poster child for dedication to a deck. I can only admire that kind of passion and resolve because I'll never have it. Well done, sir!
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Apr 2006
    Nashville, TN

Nice Job Bryant, way to go. Congrads to everyone else that made Day 2. Go C'use.
    ~Shriek~

When the Hell did we get Ice Cream?
    Jun 2008
    NE Ohio

yawg07 always speaks highly of you, and I thought to myself, "I wonder If Im gonna come across the best combo ever). Well I guess I sat next to you in round 8, and didnt even know it! Good Job Bryant. Congrats
    [SIZE="1"][I]Team [Insert a name here - Akron?] - [very big point with adverbs modifying adjectives and other adverbs]

Just some dude.
    May 2009
    Akron, Ohio, USA

Congratulations on your finish, Bryant.

I was the asian guy watching your ridiculous game against Sneak Attack in R12; I was behind him so when he Brainstorm'ed at the end and found nothing, I knew the match was yours. It was a pleasure to meet you.
    Delver enthusiast and avid practitioner of blind flipsmanship.

Follow me on Twitter: @AllSunsDawn

Site Contributor

Jun 2010

Quote Originally Posted by sauce View Post
    congrats, ... ari lax was a cocky mf - but he is good.
    I play with Ari locally.

He is a complete and total douchebag and he isn't very good at the game. He has better players make him decks that win.

And even if you decide to argue that point, it doesn't change the fact that everyone here hates him (and the entire RIW crew for that matter. . .Brian Demars (sp?), Patrick Chappin, etc.)

Congrats Bryant and great report!
    Team Hammafist!

mull to the skull
    Oct 2007
    SoCal

Grats dude.

I think I almost fell out of my chair when I was looking at the top 8 list.

Aug 2007
    Bielefeld, Germany

Any one read the coverage?
    OMG.
    Cook led with Scalding Tarn for Underground Sea into Ponder. Durward sacrificed Wasteland to destroy the Underground Sea. Durward played a turn-two Gemstone Mine and his second Ponder. Durward followed with Noble Hierarch on his second turn. Turn-three for Cook consisted of Brainstorm, bringing the Gemstone Cavern down to one counter
    Stopped reading there...
    Originally Posted by Pinder
    Turns out that some weird chemical reaction between the Twinkie filling and Ranch Dressing opens up a portal straight into Hell, through which the Devil is then able to shit directly into your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by TeKo View Post
    Any one read the coverage?
    OMG.

Stopped reading there...
    I noticed that too. However, I can't fix that.

Member-ish
    Feb 2006
    Manila

Were there any situations when you wished Chant/Silence was Xantid Swarm?
    The Source: Your Source for "The Source: Your Source for..." cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by kicks_422 View Post
    Were there any situations when you wished Chant/Silence was Xantid Swarm?
    Chant was insane for me both days.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Chant was insane for me both days.
    Did you ever pay the kicker, or more to the point, need to? I've built the deck on MTGO and Silence seems to do the trick (it's – financially speaking – much cheaper than Chant, of course) and with the new white Leyline being increasingly boarded, I wonder if Silence isn't a better choice.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Did you ever pay the kicker, or more to the point, need to? I've built the deck on MTGO and Silence seems to do the trick (it's – financially speaking – much cheaper than Chant, of course) and with the new white Leyline being increasingly boarded, I wonder if Silence isn't a better choice.
    Did you even read my report?

Epic Library
    Nov 2004
    Syracuse New York

Awesome job dude!!!
    Quote Scrumdogg @ Amrod's:
    "Didn't you know that Mike Glow invented this format?? We are all just renting it."

The EPIC Syndicate - Grindermen
    Team Disquailified Poster Duey Cheatem & Howe.

Nov 2003
    San Diego

Pimp report, and great job on the finish!

Nov 2009
    Seattle, WA

Did you even read my report?
    lol.

Even after that long rant to me about a perfect game you ate. I wondered what was going on in the top 8...

Thread Information