Thread: Leyline of the Void vs Sanctity

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Leyline of the Void vs Sanctity

Which one of the Leylines override the other? Sanctity seems like it trumps the other, but I can't seem to find anything in the rules relating to it. Just wanted to check and make sure on this one.

May 2010
    Chandler, Az

Re: Leyline of the Void vs Sanctity

I assume you are talking about your opponent having Leyline of the Void and you having Leyline of Sanctity? Leyline of the Void does not have to target you, so Leyline of Sanctity will not protect you from its effect.

There is no interaction at all between these two leylines. Leyline of the Void does not target.

Sep 2007
    Roseville, MN

To figure out whether or not a spell or effect requires a target, simply look for the word "target" in the text box. Leyline of the Void doesn't say "target", so leyline of sanctity can't save you.

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Quote Originally Posted by Malchar View Post
    To figure out whether or not a spell or effect requires a target, simply look for the word "target" in the text box. Leyline of the Void doesn't say "target", so leyline of sanctity can't save you.
    Or in the rules text of the keyword, if that's what's in question.
    Rules Advisor

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Eh, it was more of a "RTFC" thing. I didn't catch the fact that it doesn't target or I would have known. Now, if it targeted, that would have been an interesting question.

May 2010
    Chandler, Az

Quote Originally Posted by dahcmai View Post
    Eh, it was more of a "RTFC" thing. I didn't catch the fact that it doesn't target or I would have known. Now, if it targeted, that would have been an interesting question.
    If Leyline of the Void had to target you, then Leyline of Sanctity would protect you from it. Since your opponent controls Leyline of the Void, Sanctity would protect you from its ability. Of course, we have already established that you are not protected in this case because Leyline of the Void doesn't target.

Thread Information