Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Deck] White Aggro Stax

Re: [Deck] White Aggro Stax

There is no such thing as "aggro stax". Either you're a stompy deck, or you're a stax deck. Trying to do both is a mistake.

If this is an aggro deck, I would ditch Crucible and Chalice. I don't see any reason to run Exalted Angel over Baneslayer, your stated reason doesn't makes sense- generating one more colorless mana isn't the deck's problem, generating WW is, and you have to do that for either creature. Apart from that Exalted sucks and eats up two turns, Baneslayer rocks and doesn't.

I don't see why Linvala is in, either. Comes down way too late to matter vs most of Survival's creatures that it affects (Hierarch, Mongrel, Aquamoeba). Completely useless vs everything else.

Mindcensor, Leonin Arbiter, Baneslayer, Glowrider and maybe Stoneforge Mystic are all good possibilities. Running equipment is great in a deck like this esp. with Mystic.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryBalrog View Post

I don't see why Linvala is in, either. Comes down way too late to matter vs most of Survival's creatures that it affects (Hierarch, Mongrel, Aquamoeba). Completely useless vs everything else.

Have you seen my last list??

Please, if you didn't tested don't arguee. Please if you din't read don't post.

Thx!!

I believe you need to change the the name of the thread, as it is confusing people. This deck has no stax and I believe it is misleading people, and they are not realizing this.

Anyway, back to my previous comment about the 1 Moat. Is it possible to cut an O-ring and possibly something else to make the moat count higher. A one-of Moat does not seem like it is enough to see consistently especially against the usual aggro decks.

Apr 2005
    LaLa Land

Something like this has been posted before and I have tested a similar list... Although its good vs combo, it still at times falls down vs aggro.. Even with tons of hate against Vengevine, they just usually hard cast it, and we mostly end up defensive because the creatures here cannot handle an exalted vengevine.

However I almost use the same list and I think baneslayers are worth the inclusion. I don't think armageddon are worth it as a 4 of. And I never really liked windborn muse. They die easily and with exalted around, they die to exalted trygons as well...I actually stopped using chrome mox and went back to mox diamond. I never liked removing a non artifact spell for the acceleration.

If you are going the stax route, you can try a transformational sideboard, where you go back to the old stax list since most of the components you have are mostly in stax anyway.

2nd Best Explorer in Magic
    Jun 2008
    Madison, WI

This is a list I posted a while back. A lot of testing went into it, so maybe you can take some ideas from it.

3 Flagstones of Trokair
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Wasteland
    9 Plains

4 Aven Mindcensor
    3 Windborn Muse
    4 Baneslayer Angel

3 Oblivion Ring
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Ravages of War
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
    2 Armageddon
    4 Mox Diamond
    1 Moat

We really never nailed down a side board for it, but the main deck was well set. The land count might be a little low for some, with having to support 4 Mox Diamonds but it never really seemed to be a problem for us. Oblivion ring is even better now with all the emrakul floating around. Elspeth may seem a weird include in this deck but it proved to be one of the better cards late game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Voyeur View Post
    Fetches are boring. When someone suddenly gets money, they don't invest it in something practical; they spend it on something lavish like a prostitute/PEZ dispenser.
    A founding member of Team Bluff the Lotus - Bringing the crazy from Bob's Baseball Dugout

This deck is interesting...and I think leonin ariber has a place. It's brutal turn 1 and 2 as well as after armageddon or with wastelands. It will have to be sided out vs. monocolor goblins/merfolk but that's about it.

Total: 15
    2 magus of the tabernacle
    4 windborn muse
    4 leonin arbiter
    2 linvala
    3 baneslayer

Non creature: 17
    4 chalice
    4 ghostly prison
    3 trinisphere
    3 armageddon
    3 crucible

Mana: 28
    4 mox diamond
    3 flagstones
    4 ancient tomb
    4 wasteland
    1 kor haven
    1 maze
    2 city of traitors
    7 plains
    2 horizon canopy

Sb:
    4 leyline of sanctity
    2 magus of the tabernacle
    1 armageddon
    1 crucible
    3 exalted angel
    4 tormod’s crypt

I think that Aven mindscensor + Leonin is the shit!!

Thread Information