Thread: evoke + bridge

It's an ugly pile of bones... like me.
    Sep 2004
    Albany

evoke + bridge

If I evoke a creature will it remove my opponents bridge from bellow in his graveyard?

Re: evoke + bridge

Yes-it'll come into the battlefield, it's ETB trigger (e.g. 2 card draw from Mulldrifter) will go off, and it will be sacrificed, blowing the Bridges from the opponent's graveyard.

Note that if you, say, evoke a Cloudthresher while zombie-creating Bridge triggers are on the stack, the Bridges will get removed as additional effects on "top" of the zombie-creating Bridge triggers and then the intervening if clause on Bridge from Below will prevent the zombie triggers from making tokens.

At least I think that's how it works. Bridge from Below is pretty retarded in a lot of ways.

Re: evoke + bridge

Quote Originally Posted by clavio View Post
    If I evoke a creature will it remove my opponents bridge from bellow in his graveyard?

702.71a Evoke represents two abilities: a static ability that functions in any zone from which the card with evoke can be cast and a triggered ability that functions on the battlefield. “Evoke [cost]” means “You may cast this card by paying [cost] rather than paying its mana cost” and “When this permanent enters the battlefield, if its evoke cost was paid, its controller sacrifices it.” Paying a card’s evoke cost follows the rules for paying alternative costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2e–g.

Therefore, if you cast a creature by paying its evoke cost, both the evoke - sacrifice trigger and any other triggers associated with the creature (mulldrifter's draw 2, etc.) will be put on the stack. Since you control both triggers, you will choose which trigger will be put on the stack first. When the evoke-sacrifice trigger resolves, any Bridge from Belows in the graveyard will trigger.
    Level 2 Judge
    Owner, Tales of Adventure Comics and Games, Coopersburg, PA

Thread Information