Thread: SacrifICing creatures with persist

Mar 2008
    Spain

SacrifICing creatures with persist

Hello,

If I have a creature with persist (and no counters on it), and I am attacked with a creature with Anihilator 2, can I sacrifice the creature twice to avoid sacrifying two permanents? I dont know if creatures with persist which go to the graveyard can come into play again while you are resolving an ability such as Anihilator.

Thank you!!

Dan
    Sep 2008
    NoVA

Re: Sacrifying creatures with persist

No. When choosing permanents to sacrifice to Annihilator, you must choose them all at the same time, and then put them all in their owner's graveyard(s). Persist triggers when the creature hits the graveyard, which is after the Annihilator trigger has resolved.
    Rules Advisor

Timmy-Spike-Melvin . . . . . Level 2 Judge

Dec 2009
    Vienna, Austria

Re: Sacrifying creatures with persist

Quote Originally Posted by heroicraptor View Post
    No. When choosing permanents to sacrifice to Annihilator, you must choose them all at the same time, and then put them all in their owner's graveyard(s). Persist triggers when the creature hits the graveyard [(which happens during the resolution of the annihilator trigger), but the persist trigger does not go on the stack until right before a player would get priority,] which is after the Annihilator trigger has resolved.
    Explanation adjusted.

Thread Information