Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOM] Spoiler Discussion

Re: [SOM] Spoiler Discussion

Seems like the new Mox could almost be good in Belcher(although it'd still be a glass cannon), by having LED and a Lotus Petal down; then using the new Mox first. Can also be used to help activate Belcher.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    What were you expecting? Free mana sources that give you two mana on turn one are generally really powerful. It was either something like this, or something broken.

EDIT: @Nizmox: she kills your Jace, TMS. Seems bad.
    Dunno. Was not expecting such a fail. I'm not in R&D and it isn't my job to come up with balanced cards, but I think Mox D and Chrome Mox were NOT over powered and were balanced, and very playable, whereas Opal is not broadly playable. So, in short, I was expecting a playable card along the lines of Diamond and Chrome, I was not expecting a Fellwar Stone power level card labelled a Mox.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Dunno. Was not expecting such a fail. I'm not in R&D and it isn't my job to come up with balanced cards, but I think Mox D and Chrome Mox were NOT over powered and were balanced, and very playable, whereas Opal is not broadly playable. So, in short, I was expecting a playable card along the lines of Diamond and Chrome, I was not expecting a Fellwar Stone power level card labelled a Mox.
    There are only so many ways to balance a card that is inherently broken.

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

There are only so many ways to balance a card that is inherently broken.
    ORLY? R&D is packed full of geniuses and they can't come up with a third option beyond Imprint and discard a land?

Stop trying to take the shine off my low morale. Let me emo over this failed Mox.

On the other hand, nice to see the broken fatties are still power creeping us along nicely. 6/6 Deathtouch Lifelink for That will do nicely in Standard next to the Titans. =/

R&D, please stop printing broken artifacts like Mox Opal and broken counters like Cancel. We want MOAR broken fatties!

[/rant] Sry.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

ORLY? R&D is packed full of geniuses and they can't come up with a third option beyond Imprint and discard a land?

Stop trying to take the shine off my low morale. Let me emo over this failed Mox.

On the other hand, nice to see the broken fatties are still power creeping us along nicely. 6/6 Deathtouch Lifelink for That will do nicely in Standard next to the Titans. =/

R&D, please stop printing broken artifacts like Mox Opal and broken counters like Cancel. We want MOAR broken fatties!

[/rant] Sry.
    The other Moxen solve the brokenness issue by being card disadvantage. You can have two mana on turn one, sure, but you have to two-for-one yourself in a specific way to do it.

This isn't card disadvantage, but it replaces that with requirements to be met before you use it. We already have one card like that in the form of some card from Alliances which is so bad I can't even remember its name.

I'm pretty sure Opal will get better once we see the rest of the set. However I couldn't ever see running more than two.

Mox opal is meh. It's good in affinity and nothing else; combo decks don't need it because it is legendary and getting 2 other artifacts out seems kind of hard unless it is post ad nauseam at which point you're winning anyways. Played as a 2 of at most in affinity because it is legendary. Mox opal is no good in belcher; why run that over other options? It doesn't do much to improve the deck at all in fact it makes it more inconsistent because imagine a hand with a mox opal in it and no other artifacts. Seems janky in there.

Fuck mythic's. Wotc would print a mox at mythic rarity.

Venser is bad. Nothing to see there people unless you're interested in using him for EDH.

Elspeth 2.0 is worse than the original. Using her ultimate as a replacement for pernicious deed is terrible because if you never get to her ultimate, it is worthless.

The mox might get better as we see more of the set, but right now it is awful.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

I like Tacos.
    Jan 2006
    Traverse City, MI

Everyone ignored the one I am most excited about. I was wanting something close to this when I heard about Infect. This one will do until I see a 1 casting cost one.

Ichorclaw Myr 2
    Infect, when blocked, +2/+2 ueot.
    1/1. 166/249

SSG or ESG, land, Myr.

Invigorate, Berzerk, GG.

Considering it's colorless, I guess that means finding the defense for it won't be too hard. I get to play Blue.

I'm happy now.

What were you expecting? It was either something like this, or something broken.
    Its an artifact block, so Im going to go with broken.

I was not expecting a Fellwar Stone power level card labelled a Mox.
    LMAO

We already have one card like that in the form of some card from Alliances which is so bad I can't even remember its name.
    Scars of the Veteran

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ritual View Post

Fuck mythics
    THIS.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Metalcraft seems interesting for Stompy decks. Ezuri's Brigade doesn't really cut it, but there's lots of potential in it, assuming there are good enough cards to justify a high artifact count.

Infect might turn out to be somewhat playable, too. Ichorclaw Myr looks good, but still needs some more friends to reach critical mass. Otherwise, it's just a cute trick.

Edit: Phylactery Lich got a new partner in form of Darksteel Axe:

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Edit: Phylactery Lich got a new partner in form of Darksteel Axe:
    Phylactery Lich's partner is the rotation of Path to Exile.

Oct 2009
    altered states of america

I can definitely see this getting standard play. Stoneforge = WR equips anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by perm View Post

I can definitely see this getting standard play. Stoneforge = WR equips anyone?
    It has 1 toughness. Seems shitty.

Oct 2009
    altered states of america

It has 1 toughness. Seems shitty.
    yah, it dies to tundra wolves

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by perm View Post
    yah, it dies to tundra wolves
    lol.

btw WR equip, i don't know...i mean there are all those Kors available yet, maybe should stay monoW if really it is viable.
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Mox Opal is absolutely insane, and the only drawback of being legendary is that it becomes lotus petal. 4-of in any deck that can play it, including storm because of it not being card disadvantage. Pick it up early because it's going to get more expensive than chrome mox.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by DrJones View Post
    Mox Opal is absolutely insane, and the only drawback of being legendary is that it becomes lotus petal. 4-of in any deck that can play it, including storm because of it not being card disadvantage. Pick it up early because it's going to get more expensive than chrome mox.
    How is it Lotus Petal? It's put into the graveyard as a state based effect, you don't get to use it. It's really the worst of all moxen. It seems pretty bad in general. Maybe it's kind of cool in Vintage, but I don't know much about Vintage so whatever. They could have done something better, seriously. It might replace Springleaf Drum in Affinity but Affinity is bad anyway.
    Memnite is kinda cool and is a great example of powercreep, even though it's not overwhelmingly powerful. I guess I'm gonna get a playset of them for my casual Kobold-Clamp, but apart from that I don't think it will see any play in eternal formats.
    Elspeth is bad. It really is Fog for 3WW. In situations where it would be good, it will just be killed. Venser doesn't seem good either, he's way too slow.

Don't ping the hydra
    May 2007
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Jona View Post
    How is it Lotus Petal? It's put into the graveyard as a state based effect, you don't get to use it.
    The legendary rule still allows you to play mana abilities.
    Please stop talking about whether Force of Will is broken or not. It obviously is, and rather than "the glue that holds vintage together" it would be better to call it "the rug under which you hide the filth until there's so much that you can no longer conceal it".

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Are you sure? Anyway, I'll look that up, but I'm pretty sure it won't work.

Not true at all. You never get priority to tap it for mana.

Thread Information