Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: [SOM] Spoiler Discussion

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

Re: [SOM] Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by crz87 View Post
    You lose if you draw that Ignus after turn 3
    How? It's a body. You don't lose, it just isn't as awesome as it is turn 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by crz87 View Post
    You lose if you draw that Ignus after turn 3, or not draw Koth, but draw a bunch of burn, and your opponent lands CBTop and FoW's your Koth or just beats you with Goyf.
    The point was, with this curve, how do you lose? It only requires 1 specific 2-drop and a 4-drop, not very uncommon. Similar to saying, how often does Jund go t2 Putrid Leech into t4 Bloodbraid Elf, but better since you don't have ETBT lands or color-fixing concerns.

And obviously it was a redundant question, I'm trying to highlight how good Ignus might be in Legacy Burn

doesn't afraid of anything
    Feb 2009
    in ur tournament, judgin ur gamez

At the very least, the ladies love him.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    This isn't the game of holding hands and friendship. This is a competitive game, and if we all sit around singing kumbaya and sucking each other's dicks, then a lot of people are going to go to a tournament and lose because their pile of 61 jank isn't the special unique snowflake that everyone on the Source says it was.

Tap 2, Standstill. Good?
    Jul 2010
    Somewhere in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    The point was, with this curve, how do you lose? It only requires 1 specific 2-drop and a 4-drop, not very uncommon. Similar to saying, how often does Jund go t2 Putrid Leech into t4 Bloodbraid Elf, but better since you don't have ETBT lands or color-fixing concerns.

And obviously it was a redundant question, I'm trying to highlight how good Ignus might be in Legacy Burn
    First of all could be good in legacy Sligh, as burn dont usually run sub-par dmg/cmc ratio creatures like this. Sligh is an entirely different deck with slightly different gameplan. Then, even if sligh or burn would like to play it, they could very easily splash W for Arbiter, wich has a better body and is less narrow than CunniLingus.....
    Said that, to me is unplayable. If i would play a 2/1 no evasion in Sligh, i would run 4x Confidants and go for BobSligh...
    Are you into Jazz? Have a look at the Lp's I have for sale on Discogs!

Custom User Title

Feb 2005

Having played burn, I don't know if I'm crazy about the idea of a four-drop, even if it's Koth. Ideally I'll attack with a 4/4 unblocked, and if I don't win next turn it's because I mulled to three or there's some serious meddling going on - but that was already true. I'm also not crazy about 3CC ld spells or making their removal relevant game 1.
    In short, why would I want to make Ignus better with bad ld if I could instead play solid and versatile burn spells with maybe slightly less potential for damage but way more consistency?
    Consistency is after all one of the redeeming aspects of burn. It's basically a storm-deck that doesn't need Tendrils and can build storm over several turns. The philosophy of fire only works if I can do damage reliably. Ignus doesn't - unless I play support, which makes the whole deck worse unless it draw one of my four Ignussed (Igni?) very early. I'd rather go t1 burn, t2 burn, t3 burn than sometimes t1 burn, t2 Ignus, t3 ld and sometimes t1 burn, t3 burn, t4 ld, t5 Ignus. After all, without a god-draw, burn lives off its topdeck.

Custom User Title

Feb 2005

Having played burn, I don't know if I'm crazy about the idea of a four-drop, even if it's Koth. Ideally I'll attack with a 4/4 unblocked, and if I don't win next turn it's because I mulled to three or there's some serious meddling going on - but that was already true. I'm also not crazy about 3CC ld spells or making their removal relevant game 1.
    In short, why would I want to make Ignus better with bad ld if I could instead play solid and versatile burn spells with maybe slightly less potential for damage but way more consistency?
    Consistency is after all one of the redeeming aspects of burn. It's basically a storm-deck that doesn't need Tendrils and can build storm over several turns. The philosophy of fire only works if I can do damage reliably. Ignus doesn't - unless I play support, which makes the whole deck worse unless it draws one of the four Ignussed (Igni?) very early. I'd rather go t1 burn, t2 burn, t3 burn always than sometimes t1 burn, t2 Ignus, t3 ld and sometimes t1 burn, t2 burn, t3 ld, t4 Ignus. After all, without a god-draw, burn lives off its topdeck.

Thread Information