Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Official Cockatrice thread

Oct 2011
    Denmark

Re: Official Cockatrice thread

cockatrice is UP @wooger today.

currently only 4 players. come legacy with me!

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Ahh, Cockatrice...

The game has started.

It is now Finn's turn.

It is now the untap step.
     Finn: hi
    Th3 W1z4rd rolls a 5 with a 20-sided die.
     Th3 W1z4rd: hi
    Th3 W1z4rd shuffles his library.
    Finn shuffles his library.
    Th3 W1z4rd draws 7 card(s).
    Finn rolls a 18 with a 20-sided die.
     Th3 W1z4rd: kp
     Finn: p
    Finn draws his initial hand.
     Finn: kp
    Finn puts Plains into play from hand.
    Finn taps Plains.
    Finn plays Mother of Runes from hand.
     Th3 W1z4rd: k
    Finn puts Mother of Runes into play from the stack.
    It is now the ending phase.

It is now Th3 W1z4rd's turn.

It is now the upkeep step.
    It is now the draw step.
    Th3 W1z4rd draws 1 card(s).
    It is now the first main phase.
     Th3 W1z4rd: thinking
     Finn: ok
    Th3 W1z4rd puts Lotus Petal into play from hand.
    It is now the ending phase.

It is now Finn's turn.

Finn untaps his permanents.
    Finn untaps his permanents.
    It is now the upkeep step.
    It is now the draw step.
    Finn draws 1 card(s).
    It is now the first main phase.
    Finn puts Rishadan Port into play from hand.
    Finn taps Plains.
    Finn taps Rishadan Port.
    Finn plays Thalia, Guardian of Thraben from hand.
    Th3 W1z4rd has left the game.

Finn: Your turn
     Finn: Oh
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Ahh, Cockatrice...
    Congrats on beating Tendrils with a turn 2 Thalia game 1. Very impressive.

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Why didn't you play out games two and three?
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

You don't know why I posted that, do you...
    I think I see why. My post lacks detail. I suppose it makes sense that a person who is of the character to ragequit is also the kind of person who would not understand why that makes him a douche. So I will spell this out for you as well as I can.

It does not matter that I had the game wrapped up on turn 2. That is not the point. It does not matter that you were packing a high risk, high reward deck, and then got pissy like a toddler when your risk did not pay off. It does not matter that you thought for a long time before deciding not to go for it on turn 1, and then showed me how upset your were with me at your own failed gamble by clicking that X in the corner.

What matters is that...
    Magic is a great game. The only thing more universally acclaimed is sex. Cockatrice is not the real thing though. But when you need a fix, it is available day or night...in the privacy of your room. Nobody watching. And having to deal with the complete lack of common courtesy of some feckless twit ragequitting is akin to having someone put IcyHot in your tube of Vaseline.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The only thing more universally acclaimed is sex.
    That whole post was hilarious, but really? I think I'd go with Soccer over Magic for universal acclaim. Probably even over sex because...you know...religion.

Edit: Also ragequitting is shitty. The shortcut for conceding a game is F2, just sack up and play out the rest of the "round".
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Edit: Also ragequitting is shitty. The shortcut for conceding a game is F2, just sack up and play out the rest of the "round".
    Agreed, too many people act like toddlers when there is literally nothing on the line. Plus, there is often opportunity to learn by playing it out.

In terms of Cockatrice grievances, my favourite move is when you get someone who Mulls 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and then kicks you. A close second is Cliquing an opponent and rather than them putting the card on the battlefield and moving it to the bottom of the library, they just move a card from their hand to the bottom of the library...

This is one of the reasons I am actually considering moving to Modo, as bad as the software is. I think this problem with cockatrice is unavoidable. I think it's just better to either test by yourself (no fun but you gotta do what you gotta do when you have a hard time finding people to test with) or find people to test with. Thus, I was wondering if it would be possible to start a clan, playtesting group, or something for source members who play on Cockatrice. Anyone game or have any similar ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Dec 2011
    Calgary, Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayer_90 View Post
    This is one of the reasons I am actually considering moving to Modo, as bad as the software is. I think this problem with cockatrice is unavoidable. I think it's just better to either test by yourself (no fun but you gotta do what you gotta do when you have a hard time finding people to test with) or find people to test with. Thus, I was wondering if it would be possible to start a clan, playtesting group, or something for source members who play on Cockatrice. Anyone game or have any similar ideas?
    My suggestion is to try to remember the good players and join their games in the future. Also, changing your game to allow registered users only takes .5 seconds and makes a world of difference.

Question: Has anyone ever had a problem with cockatrice being a source of malware?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayer_90 View Post
    Question: Has anyone ever had a problem with cockatrice being a source of malware?
    Well my browser (Chrome) declared the installer as malware, after I downloaded it from dropbox. I don't know if this is true, but I couldn't imagine them making that installer as malware, so I deactivated Chrome Protection.

I scanned the installer afterwards with Kaspersky 2014 and the result was negative.

Can anyone help me compile this crap on Ubuntu? I'm not too good in the terminal, and am getting stuck when i hit "Cmake ..". If someone knows what I'm talking about post back so I can post a line of my terminal and show what is going wrong.

edit: nevermind, fixed!
    Last edited by Kanti; 03-07-2015 at 10:53 PM.

What Would Ravenous Baloth Do?
    May 2008
    Connecticut

I just started using Cockatrice yesterday. I am looking to do a lot of testing and I don't know anyone in my area that plays competitive Legacy. I watched a couple youtube videos on how to use the program and overall etiquette. I'm a little slow but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I've been putting in my game titles that I'm a new player and the people who have played with me so far have been pretty patient with me.

Anyways, I'm HolidayMTG on there if anyone wants to play. PM me and we can set up a time. Not sure how many Sourcers still use Cockatrice but it would be nice to play with any of you. I don't care if you play a tier 1 deck or if you want to test out a new brew. My attitude is you gotta be ready for anything in Legacy.
    Fools dig for water, corpses or gold
    The ice in my teeth keep the Cristal cold
    I be shoot'n lava around like an uzi
    Watch me turn this glacier into a jacuzzi
    I'm so hot people standing around me, just to stay warm
    Castin' so many spells looks like I'm playin' Storm
    I fuck all your creatures without any lotion
    Skeet in yo face, Erratic Explosion
    Every time you look I'm doing 2 to your dome!
    So scoop up your cards and take your broke ass home

-G.L.M.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I need to customize my background etc. again.

Does anybody have good backgrounds/suggestions?

anybody else having problems? i downloaded the two most recent versions today and still cant connect =(

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by decan View Post
    anybody else having problems? i downloaded the two most recent versions today and still cant connect =(
    No problems at my end, I have the latest version. Check your firewall?

are you on version d55e44e?

Edit: got it to work, had to reenter the server data...

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

I have a login issue

anyone else have that?

how do you fix.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    I have a login issue

anyone else have that?

how do you fix.
    Download the latest version and make sure the server details are correct...

Jan 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by decan View Post
    Download the latest version and make sure the server details are correct...
    I have the same issue. What exactly are the server details and where can I see if mine are up to date/ correct?

EDIT: Ok , I just updated to the newest client and now itīs working again.

Thread Information