Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2076

Thread: [DTB] Sneak Attack

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] Sneak Attack

Jared Boettcher moves on to the finals of GPDC after 13-1-1 in the Swiss (losing to Craig Wescoe's Death and Taxes in round 4), and 2-0 vs Esper Blade in the Quarterfinals, 2-1 vs Dredge in the Semis.

Good luck to him!

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

We are 2nd place on the GP with Jared Boettcher using Sneak Show with Gitaxian Probes. It's the same Starcity list but it swaps 1 Gitaxian Probe for an Intuition.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

after todays GP performance, is anyone convinced that probe deserves a main deck slot?

i play 1 swan song and 3 tops in its place. i've been much happier with my tops
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Boettcher's List was obviously the perfect one for that Grand Prix. I think Probes are needed right now, especially with 10 % Death and Taxes in the metagame.

Funny note: Jared Boettcher's performance actually was the best in the history of the deck. Korey Age and Christopher Brunner Top 8ed a GP with Sneak and Show as well, but both lost in the Quarterfinals right away.

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Was nice that sneak atack got 2nd. The second game it was so frustrating his opponent got 3 forcé of will without cantrips in 8 turns. I dont belive how ppl can draw fows so much :(

I played here in Spain my list in a big event end got top 4.

1st round elves.
    g1 He didnt glimpse me and emrakul with sneak goes there.
    g2 I have petal, swansong, tomb, ponder, fetch, show and tell and one more card. I just go ponder into the guy petal go. He makes something i counter and show and tell for game.

2nd round pox wb
    g1 He gets a game loss cause of deck list.
    g2 I mull and get petal, city, fetch, griselbrand, show and tell, ponder. If I start its game but he starts into seize and get show and tell. I just go ponder find another, he goes confi, and turn 2 I show and tell. He shows and plays Liliana I draw 14 but no fow but I get mana to sneka emrakul next turn for game.

3rd round but standstill
    g1 I show and tell turn 5 a griselbrand after he beated me with a goyf. He searches with his sdt and finds jace. I draw 7 but cant forcé it cause if I do he kill me with that life point. I go to try sneak atack but he got another fow.
    g2 He has just wasteldn top go. I play land cantrip. He didnt gets 2nd land so I feel he should have 2 fows in hand. then i play boseiju into his wasteland to get him off mana and next turn he finds a land and wastes the boseiju. After some attempts I combo out.
    g3 I dont remember, think I Just killed him without much response apart for his 2 goyfs and a wasteland on my boseiju.

4th black White hate with Green splash with 3 humility main (It’s a friend and I saw a humility at the end of other round but thought was 1off side deck).
    1st game he put pressure discard and a wasteland and karakas on field never let me do a lot.
    2nd game He seizes me and sees swan song so he can’t play the humility. So I have echoing, 4 mana, sneak, emrakul, and show and tell along of the song. I think a lot of his 4 manas and the best option is go sneak and pass. If he makes humility or o ring I just bounce and kill him. And so he has to tap out for mana an this plan only loses to krossan and so which I don’t think he plays. He plays something then I bounce and kill him with emrakul.
    3rd game I just go into turn 3 sneka atack griselbrand after brainstorming to get along his therapy and win.

5th round ID vs esper
    We played like 8 vintage games there because the next day was also big vintage event.

6th round ID vs taxes
    I can ID and top but he can get out of top I the last one wins and get better tiebreak. But he was 1st of his points so I manage to convince him. I didn’t really care to play; my progenitus would just have destroyed him. But anyway: D

Top 8 vs omnitell
    g1 I just sit there plying land with my hand of 2 fluster, fow, blue card, swansong, griselbrand and sneak attack. Discard cards a few turns and so. I just wait for him to go off. If I lose the counter vs his show and tell I just draw 14 with griselbrand and gg. He starts on turn x. I play song, fow, fluster. And he has no more counters. So next turn I just go sneka attack with fluster back row and win.
    g2 I have a similar hand. With sdt I find boseiju and I know he has to go of in fear of the thought the breach I don’t play. I let him resolve show and tell after 2 counters on it with only 3 cards in his hand and I still have fow and fluster. I get griselbrand and one of the 2 cards in his hand is wipe away which just bounces my guy. Then the last one is obv enter the infinite and I just go fluste and win.

Was not nice having not having thou the breach because i sided out all 4 show and tells. But I know even so I just was 85% wining. Cause I can just go boseiju into fow a few times and win. Because all my counters are hard counters vs them and not like spell pierce.

Top 4 vs my future team matee in Barcelona sealed team with counterbalance.
    He is better player and I know He plays fluster main, lots of rebs, vendilion and so.
    g1 he has sdt. I play show and tell having sneak attack backup. he forces I forcé he flusters. Then he plays in my mp vendilion knowing he has no more counters But i lose my sneak for drawing a land and 2nd emrakul. Then he plays next turn batterskull. He still draws no counters but I don’t get any enablers so I lose.
    g2 I have 1show and tell, 3 sneak and the guy and lands. my plan is to sculpt my hand vs his slow deck. but he goes turn 3 into sulfur elements wich get me a lighning each turn. So I have to move. Show and tell -> reb, Sneak atack-> pierce-> fow ->his fow. Sneak atack-> fow.3rd and last sneak attack on 5 lives ->3rd fow. Next turn I draw a land and scoope at 2 lives to die vs his elemental.

Get top 4. Pick up my prices and get to a friend’s house to play 1996 vintage and a little of normal vintage.

4 sneak attack
    4 show and tell
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 force of will
    2 swan song
    3 flusterstorm
    1 misdirection
    2 senseis divining top
    4 lotus petal
    4 griselbrand
    4 enrakul the aeons torn
    3 island
    1 mountain
    2 misty rainforest
    2 flooded strand
    4 scalding tarn
    3 ancient tomb
    2 city of traitors
    3 volcanic island

side deck
    3 pyroblast
    3 defense grid
    2 echoing truth
    2 pyroclasm
    3 progenitus
    2 boseiju who selters all

How u enjoyed all this report.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [DTB] Sneak Attack

Jared Boettcher wins the SCG Legacy Open in Providence undefeated and now has a record of 25-2-3 with Sneak & Show over the course of two tournaments.

Apr 2012
    Manila, Philippines

I'm gonna try out his list soon :) It looks effective!

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

Quote Originally Posted by Togores View Post
    Was nice that sneak atack got 2nd. The second game it was so frustrating his opponent got 3 forcé of will without cantrips in 8 turns. I dont belive how ppl can draw fows so much :(

I played here in Spain my list in a big event end got top 4.

1st round elves.
    g1 He didnt glimpse me and emrakul with sneak goes there.
    g2 I have petal, swansong, tomb, ponder, fetch, show and tell and one more card. I just go ponder into the guy petal go. He makes something i counter and show and tell for game.

2nd round pox wb
    g1 He gets a game loss cause of deck list.
    g2 I mull and get petal, city, fetch, griselbrand, show and tell, ponder. If I start its game but he starts into seize and get show and tell. I just go ponder find another, he goes confi, and turn 2 I show and tell. He shows and plays Liliana I draw 14 but no fow but I get mana to sneka emrakul next turn for game.

3rd round but standstill
    g1 I show and tell turn 5 a griselbrand after he beated me with a goyf. He searches with his sdt and finds jace. I draw 7 but cant forcé it cause if I do he kill me with that life point. I go to try sneak atack but he got another fow.
    g2 He has just wasteldn top go. I play land cantrip. He didnt gets 2nd land so I feel he should have 2 fows in hand. then i play boseiju into his wasteland to get him off mana and next turn he finds a land and wastes the boseiju. After some attempts I combo out.
    g3 I dont remember, think I Just killed him without much response apart for his 2 goyfs and a wasteland on my boseiju.

4th black White hate with Green splash with 3 humility main (It’s a friend and I saw a humility at the end of other round but thought was 1off side deck).
    1st game he put pressure discard and a wasteland and karakas on field never let me do a lot.
    2nd game He seizes me and sees swan song so he can’t play the humility. So I have echoing, 4 mana, sneak, emrakul, and show and tell along of the song. I think a lot of his 4 manas and the best option is go sneak and pass. If he makes humility or o ring I just bounce and kill him. And so he has to tap out for mana an this plan only loses to krossan and so which I don’t think he plays. He plays something then I bounce and kill him with emrakul.
    3rd game I just go into turn 3 sneka atack griselbrand after brainstorming to get along his therapy and win.

5th round ID vs esper
    We played like 8 vintage games there because the next day was also big vintage event.

6th round ID vs taxes
    I can ID and top but he can get out of top I the last one wins and get better tiebreak. But he was 1st of his points so I manage to convince him. I didn’t really care to play; my progenitus would just have destroyed him. But anyway: D

Top 8 vs omnitell
    g1 I just sit there plying land with my hand of 2 fluster, fow, blue card, swansong, griselbrand and sneak attack. Discard cards a few turns and so. I just wait for him to go off. If I lose the counter vs his show and tell I just draw 14 with griselbrand and gg. He starts on turn x. I play song, fow, fluster. And he has no more counters. So next turn I just go sneka attack with fluster back row and win.
    g2 I have a similar hand. With sdt I find boseiju and I know he has to go of in fear of the thought the breach I don’t play. I let him resolve show and tell after 2 counters on it with only 3 cards in his hand and I still have fow and fluster. I get griselbrand and one of the 2 cards in his hand is wipe away which just bounces my guy. Then the last one is obv enter the infinite and I just go fluste and win.

Was not nice having not having thou the breach because i sided out all 4 show and tells. But I know even so I just was 85% wining. Cause I can just go boseiju into fow a few times and win. Because all my counters are hard counters vs them and not like spell pierce.

Top 4 vs my future team matee in Barcelona sealed team with counterbalance.
    He is better player and I know He plays fluster main, lots of rebs, vendilion and so.
    g1 he has sdt. I play show and tell having sneak attack backup. he forces I forcé he flusters. Then he plays in my mp vendilion knowing he has no more counters But i lose my sneak for drawing a land and 2nd emrakul. Then he plays next turn batterskull. He still draws no counters but I don’t get any enablers so I lose.
    g2 I have 1show and tell, 3 sneak and the guy and lands. my plan is to sculpt my hand vs his slow deck. but he goes turn 3 into sulfur elements wich get me a lighning each turn. So I have to move. Show and tell -> reb, Sneak atack-> pierce-> fow ->his fow. Sneak atack-> fow.3rd and last sneak attack on 5 lives ->3rd fow. Next turn I draw a land and scoope at 2 lives to die vs his elemental.

Get top 4. Pick up my prices and get to a friend’s house to play 1996 vintage and a little of normal vintage.

4 sneak attack
    4 show and tell
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 force of will
    2 swan song
    3 flusterstorm
    1 misdirection
    2 senseis divining top
    4 lotus petal
    4 griselbrand
    4 enrakul the aeons torn
    3 island
    1 mountain
    2 misty rainforest
    2 flooded strand
    4 scalding tarn
    3 ancient tomb
    2 city of traitors
    3 volcanic island

side deck
    3 pyroblast
    3 defense grid
    2 echoing truth
    2 pyroclasm
    3 progenitus
    2 boseiju who selters all

How u enjoyed all this report.
    I finaly got the FBB volcanics I wanted for so long and now except the citys of traitor wich should be japanese all my deck is as pimp as I want it to be.
    So here are pics of the deck I used at the event, Sorry but im in love with it so I needed to share :D

Very nice deck, awesome. Just hoping for your sake that SaT doesn't get banned

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Beautiful Deck Rodrigo, thx for sharing!

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPurple View Post
    Very nice deck, awesome. Just hoping for your sake that SaT doesn't get banned
    Not until they print " when ~ wnters the battlefield you wim the game"

Reason being is because the deck isnt warping the format.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing

So how is sneak and show's matchup vs DeathBlade? I've been looking and I can't seem to find anything on the matchup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nov 2011
    Madrid (Spain)

I usualy crush them easy.
    They just play discard and a few counters. Before I played progenitus I played 4 pyroclasm. So I usualy just sided in4 clasm for 4 petals and gg.
    U kill his board and win from there.

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Not until they print " when ~ wnters the battlefield you wim the game"

Reason being is because the deck isnt warping the format.
    Just hoping you're right. Love this deck so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    So how is sneak and show's matchup vs DeathBlade? I've been looking and I can't seem to find anything on the matchup.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Preside, sneak show is in the advantage. After sideboarding, it depends, but it definitely gets worse and I would not describe the overall matchup as easy.

Some death blade decks bring in more than half of their sideboard. The combination of meddling mage, sword of feast and famine, discard and counters makes it a very challenging matchup in my experience.

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Jared demolished Bertoncini's Deathblade in the finals of SCG Providence. It is a very positive matchup; they have small bits of every disruption type post-board, but it's all easily manageable.
    They are also much more vulnerable to an early Blood Moon than Esper Blade (which plays 4 basics).

The reason Show and Tell won't ge banned for now is that Jared (and Huey in the past) is the only one rocking the deck through every tournament he plays it in.
    The rest of the Top 8/16 is always very well-rounded, since the fear of Sneak&Show hate and the aversion to non-interactive stomps prevents people from playing it. If the % of S&T players gets closer to 10, maybe we can talk about a ban again. For now, 4 copies of Show and Tell in the Top 8 of every big tournament won't be enough.

There are actually a fair number of people playing the deck now, yet it still doesn't do well because it has a tendency to crap on itself.

I don't really understand how some people manage to have such consistent finishes with it. I played it for a while and I did quite well with the deck, but there were definitely a significant percentage of games where I lost due to no fault of my own.

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
    There are actually a fair number of people playing the deck now, yet it still doesn't do well because it has a tendency to crap on itself.

I don't really understand how some people manage to have such consistent finishes with it. I played it for a while and I did quite well with the deck, but there were definitely a significant percentage of games where I lost due to no fault of my own.
    The deck is amazing. Sensei's diving top actually fixes a lot of the so called "crapping on itself". Additionally, i've found that 90% of the games i lose there was something that I could have done to win the game. Some were unforeseeable at the time but still. The deck has everything it needs. Its not really dead to anything, but the skill of the pilot is its limiting factor. Sure a clown can win a fair amount of games but a very good player can really take harness its power.

i've found that it loses matches where it has a decent chance of winning but opponent gets all of the answers they need and the scales tip in their favor. There is a luck aspect to the game, however this deck has, in my opinion, more potential and better match ups than the other decks in the format.

Consider the following.

It has fairly good match ups against other combo decks, with reanimator being the exception
    even with a chalice on 1 none of its combo pieces are hurt
    It has a really good matchup against most aggro decks
    it is pretty much immune to grindstone / painter.
    The hardest decks to fight through are miracles / RUG and its because they are good decks. Good decks require skill to beat, and luck.
    It's a 2 card combo that has 43% chance of getting both combo pieces in its opener and a 62% chance of getting them after 1 brainstorm/ponder. After 1 turn and 2 brainstorm/ponders/SDT you would have seen 14 cards and that raises your chances to 80%.

Theres not really any other deck that can tout those numbers, except maybe dark depths due to crop rotation.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

It can just durdle from having not found 2nd part of its combo.

but the deck is playing a different game of magic than most other decks. It doesn't play out non land permanents incrementally. It holds its parts on top of the deck or in hand until it's ready to win. It has less design restrictions than storm and doesnt need to chain its spells. The deck can play any fucking card it wants and call it a day.

You take a look at common decks in Legacy you can notice a mana curve from turns 1 to 4 getting increasingly stronger as it progresses. Or lots of cheap threats and tons of disruption in tempo. Those decks have many points of attack where just stopping/not drawing one isn't going to render the deck helpless. At the same time these decks must trade resources against other deck's answers/threats to edge out the other. Show and Tell ignores all that and just herps an immediate game winner on to the board.

Sure, it may not have the methodic consistant flow of threats/answers every turn. But it trades that for being able to maneuver and make any play a game winning play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Why anybody plays 2-3 copies of stronghold gambit? I think is a real good card. With gitaxian probe rules!.

It helps VS combo pairings.

Thread Information