Posted here at Will Fisher(rancorous_fool)'s request.

Sept. 18th. 14 people, 4 rounds. I got technically 4th, but it was a top 4 split.

Alot of Dredge and Belcher today. I, of course, ran 3c TES.

Mana
4 Lotus Petal
4 Lion's Eye Diamond
4 Chrome Mox
4 Dark Ritual
4 Rite of Flame

Bombs
2 Ad Nauseam
1 Tendrils of Agony

Tutors/Cantrips
4 Burning Wish
4 Infernal Tutor
4 Ponder
4 Brainstorm

Protection
4 Duress
3 Thoughtseize

Land
2 Underground Sea
2 Volcanic Islands
1 Badlands
1 Swamp
1 Island
4 Polluted Delta
2 Scalding Tarn
1 Bloodstained Mire

Sideboard
1 Deathmark
1 Pyroclasm
3 Pyroblast
2 Chain of Vapor
2 Echoing Truth
1 Wipe Away
1 Pulverize
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Empty the Warrens
1 Ill-Gotten Gains
1 Thoughtseize

This was made a little easier because, as SoftPillow pointed out in my last report, you can keep notes and not have to reveal them to players(floor rules are a little weird...you have to keep any notes you take visible on the table, but you don't have to reveal them...?...)

Round 1: Joe Viola, Dredge
My round 1 opponent from the large RIT tournament. Game 1 I win the roll, keeping a hand with 2 Chrome Mox, Burning Wish, Ponder, Volcanic Island, Thoughtseize. I lay Volcanic and Ponder. He plays Undiscovered Paradise and Tireless Tribe. Afraid he'll take off and lacking a Tendrils kill, I play both Mox, Dark Ritual, Burning Wish, 2 Lotus Petal, Wish for Empty the Warrens and make 14 tokens. He discards Stinkweed Imp, dredges, plays Careful Study dredging another imp and Golgari Grave Troll. I draw Duress, take his Breakthrough, and put him at 6. He dredges the Troll and concedes.

-1 Infernal Tutor, -1 Brainstorm, +2 Echoing Truth.

Game 2: He plays and mulls, laying Gemstone Mine and Putrid Imp. I keep a hand of fetchland, Island, 2 Rite of Flame, Infernal Tutor, and Lotus Petal. I fetch a Badlands, and go Lion's Eye Diamond, Lotus Petal, both Rites, Infernal for Ad Nauseam, nearly fizzling off the draws. I Duress looking for a miser's Mindbreak Trap and, seeing none, go Petal, LED, Rite, Rite, Dark Ritual, Duress for storm count, and Infernal, at which he concedes.

1-0

Round 2: Matthew Newton, UB Merfolk - no Wastelands
I do NOT like playing against Fish. It also doesn't help that I made a few mistakes.

Game 1 he's on the play and mulls. I keep a hand of Volcanic, Ponder, Brainstorm, Rite, 2 LED, D.Rit. He plays Island. I play Volcanic and Brainstorm. He plays Lord of Atlantis. I fetch, and play Burning Wish, which is Dazed. He plays LoA. I Seize his Force of Will, leaving him another FoW and Reejery. I Ponder and pass. He plays LoA. I play LED, he FoW's it, I play LED Rite Dark Ritual into a Tendrils for 14, putting me back up at 20 and him at 5. My Inferal'd Burning Wish is countered.

Board out stuff for Pyroblasts.

Game 2: I play and Duress, taking one of 2 Dazes and leaving him an Island, Vial, and some creatures. He plays Vial. I Brainstorm...and this is my mistake. I could have went off that turn, or the next, but I put back the Chrome Mox I needed to get rid of the 2nd Infernal in my hand. I use that to fetch another Dark Ritual. My rituals are countered with a mix of Cursecatchers, Dazes, and Spell Pierces, and my topdecked LED into Infernal Tutor for AdN wiffs.

1-1

Round 3: Tony Carestial, Belcher.
Game 1 he's on the play. I keep a hand of Rite, Mox, Fetch, Land, Infernal, Duress, and Ponder. He mulls twice and passes. I Seize, seeing Petal, Land, 3 Spirit Guides. I take his Petal. He passes, I Duress taking his Rite of Flame, fetch, and play Ponder off a Volcanic. He passes. I play Island, Mox Infernal, and 2 Rites. I AdN to 5 and win.

-1 Mox -1 Infernal +2 Echoing Truth.

Game 2: He plays and mulls. I keep AdN, Wish, Land, D.Rit, Petal, Rite, and E.Truth. He cycles 3 Wraiths and passes. I play Petal, Rite, D.Rit into AdN, then play Mox, Mox, LED, LED, D.Rit, Rite, Duress for any Mindbreak shenanigans, and then Tendrils of Agony.

2-1

Round 4: Ethan....forgot the last name, Belcher
Game 1: I win his roll a ton of dice by three points, 123 to his 120. He mulls twice. I keep 2 lands, Wish, Brainstorm, Petal, Ritual. I Volcanic and Brainstorm. He plays Land Grant, revealing Empty the Warrens, Goblin Charbelcher, Seething Song, LED, Rite, and Simian Spirit Guide. He kills me with Belcher.

Out goes an Infernal, Mox, some cantrips for Chain of Vapor and E.Truth.

Game 2: He mulls, I play with a hand of Rite, Duress, Ponder, Brainstorm....and I can't read my notes on the other cards. I crack a fetch for Underground Sea and Duress, seeing Wraith, 3 Spirit Guides, Tinder Wall, Manamorphose, and LED. I think I take his LED. He cycles the Wraith. I fetch a Badlands, Brainstorm, 2 Rites, Petal, LED, Wish for Warrens and make 14 tokens. He Land Grants, showing some mana producers but no kills. I swing, taking him to 6. He plays Mox and 2 Morphoses. Seeing nothing, I win.

Game 3: He plays, and I keep Ponder, Chain of Vapor, 2 LED, Rite, and a Fetch. He cycles 2 Wraiths, Land Grants and plays Taiga, Moxes a Seething Song, and plays Tinder Wall. I fetch an Underground Sea. He cycles Wraith and plays Belcher, which I bounce EOT. I fetch, play D. Rit, Seize taking his Spirit Guide, Rite, 2 LEDs, Wish for Infernal fetching AdN and killing with Tendrils. Here I made the mistake of not just fetching Tendrils, since he shocked himself several times.

3-1

Top 4 split, since Will and several other people needed to head out to Baltimore for the SCG 5k.