1 [M11] Fling
    4 [DIS] Spell Snare
    4 [TE] Lotus Petal
    4 [IN] Scouting Trek
    4 [SH] Mox Diamond
    4 [AL] Force of Will
    4 [TE] Scroll Rack
    4 [WWK] Treasure Hunt

This is the concept version ready for feedback. Here is how this bad boy works. It is a combo/control deck that aims to draw out all the land in one shot. Hold em off with control and then Fling a huge Mongrel at em.

Scouting Trek: 1G Socery
    Search your library for any number of basic land cards. Reveal those cards, then shuffle your library and put them on top of it.

This effectively removes all those pesky extra land drops late in the game (we are not aiming to go late into the game). It will allow the deck to use the land for another purpose Treasure Hunt.

Treasure Hunt: 1U Sorcery
    Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a non land card, then put all cards revealed this way into your hand.

So now we have a ton of cards in our hand. Time to go searching for the parts to finish off the enemy. By now we should have some mox in play or some spare mana somewhere and hopefully a Scroll Rack on the board. This piece is essential to get the win. Cast Wild Mongrel discard to it what you can spare then use the Scroll Rack to search for the Fling. Game set Match. Probably a good idea to hang on to a pact of negation or FoW.

I hope you like it. It still needs a sideboard so I am looking for any suggestions.

Special shout out to the guys in #themanadrain on efnet.
    Last edited by Shadowdale; 10-22-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Dis iz da WAAAGH!
    Jan 2007
    Chicagoland

Re: [DECK] Treasure Trek

So, to kill your opponent you need at least 19 cards in hand (one is Fling) and a Mongrel in play, and two mana (one is red). Then you need more cards to be able to respond to removal so you can still get Mongrel to a 20/20 and cast Fling at instant speed. Then you need more cards to be FoWs, blue cards to pitch to FoW, or Pacts. Treasure Hunt can't draw you 25+ cards.

But constructively, you should probably add Berserk as you are already in color, and want to boost power to huge numbers.
    DCI Lvl II Judge

Dec 2006
    Spain

You can use Land's Edge, Seismic Assault or Lightning Storm as alternative win condition. Is a lonely card (not Mongrel + Fling) and only need 10 land cards, but are red.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftconsin View Post
    So, to kill your opponent you need at least 19 cards in hand (one is Fling) and a Mongrel in play, and two mana (one is red). Then you need more cards to be able to respond to removal so you can still get Mongrel to a 20/20 and cast Fling at instant speed. Then you need more cards to be FoWs, blue cards to pitch to FoW, or Pacts. Treasure Hunt can't draw you 25+ cards.

But constructively, you should probably add Berserk as you are already in color, and want to boost power to huge numbers.
    I see the flaws. TBH it was late when I finshed this concept up. Getting the mana is easy even in the right colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gocho View Post
    You can use Land's Edge, Seismic Assault or Lightning Storm as alternative win condition. Is a lonely card (not Mongrel + Fling) and only need 10 land cards, but are red.
    I think Lightning storm is a much better kill con then my two card wackado combo. Why make it harder when one card does what we need eh?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Personal Tutor would be a good tutor to find Scouting Trek and Treasure Hunt.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

//Lands
    9 Island
    7 Forest
    2 Mountain
    4 Misty Rainforest

//Spells
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Treasure Hunt
    4 Scroll Rack
    4 Scouting Trek
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Tolarian Winds
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Storm
    4 Ponder
    1 Elixir of Immortality
    4 Daze

//Sideboard:
    4 Krosan Grip
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Back to Basics

Not 100% sure if the counterspells are the correct ones Well FoW is but not sure about the Daze. Fun fast exciting! I am loving playing this deck. This is what I have so far for a sideboard. I included some more draw cards in the MB Tolarian Winds can make a huge impact. Also if for some reason they lived through the first blast we have an elixer to start over with. Also would Pact of Negation be better than the Daze? Thanks for looking and offering suggestions.
    Last edited by Shadowdale; 10-22-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Thread Information