Thread: Protecting your own graveyard

Protecting your own graveyard

Is there any enchantment that you can use to stop people from attacking your graveyard, but still let you play things out yourself?

I'm thinking of trying to reanimate Haakon, or other knights from the graveyard, but the strategy is slow and open to grave hate games 2/3.

The only thing I can think of is Ground Seal, but I am not sure if that would let me reanimate haakon (knights are now part of your hand) or protect me from cards that exile my WHOLE library.

Any ideas?

Dec 2006
    Spain

Re: Protecting your own graveyard

You can try Null Rod for the most used cards, but doesn't affect all the grave hate.

Nov 2008
    Tampere, Finland

Ground Seal only prevents targeting cards in graveyards (things like Extirpate or Life from the Loam). It won't stop you from casting Haakon from your graveyard.

As for protecting your graveyard; Tormod's Crypt and Ravenous Trap target the player whose graveyard is being removed. If you can give yourself Shroud (Leyline of Sanctity for example), you can prevent using those. Nothing is going to stop Relic of Progenitus's second ability, though.
    Level 2 Judge

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Leyline of Sanctity prevents targeted effect such as Tormod's Crypt and Ravenous Trap; it does not answer Relic of Progenitus, Leyline of the Void, nor Planar Void.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by arebennian View Post
    Is there any enchantment that you can use to stop people from attacking your graveyard, but still let you play things out yourself?

Any ideas?
    You are playing black: duress, inquisition of kozilek, or thoughtseize, should protect you.

People have already forgotten Bojuka Bog, still none of those mentioned can protect you from it, except Stifle.

Pithing Needle is pretty good against Relic and Crypt. It is also pretty solid against other things as well: Survival, Jace, Deed, etc...

Thanks for the replies guys.

Thread Information