View Poll Results: Who would make the best multiplayer elf tribal EDH general?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eladamri, Lord of Leaves

3 9.68%
  • Ezuri, Renegade Leader

8 25.81%
  • Kaysa

3 9.68%
  • Momir Vig, Simic Visionary

9 29.03%
  • Nath of the Gilt-Leaf

5 16.13%
  • Rys the Redeemed

3 9.68%

Thread: The General Dilemma - Which General to use

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

The General Dilemma - Which General to use

I have been meaning to make a strictly multiplayer tribal elf EDH deck but I dont really know which one to use. All I am looking for is if could benefit my elves without me being the target of everyone. I was thinking of having a series of 'I win now' play, just in case it goes down to the last 2 players.

Here are my choices:

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves - While giving your elves shroud is good, it could also be a drawback.

Ezuri, Renegade Leader - Not only it regenerates elves, it could also be used a reusable Overrrun effect. The problem is it does look scary for the rest of the players and might be a hate magnet.

Kaysa - Its essentially a lord effect. Although too narrow

Momir Vig, Simic Visionary - It could act as a searcher for needed elves. The problem is it has that 'combo' appeal which might draw hate towards it.

Nath of the Gilt-Leaf - While it keeps on making elves, the hate it brings is concentrated on just one player. It could be good on a 1v1 scenario but making enemies in a multiplayer game would suck.

Rys the Redeemed - By itself, it has a useful ability. Keep on making tokens. Not really sure if it would draw hate.

I seriously though making an EDH deck would be easy as its just casual but really, Its as hard as making a competitive deck.

Anyways, any suggestion is welcome.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Re: The General Dilemma - Which General to use

Nath doesn't suck in multiplayer. It allows you to play politics quite well, and puts you in good colors for aggro-control or midrange.

Jun 2004
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    I have been meaning to make a strictly multiplayer tribal elf EDH deck but I dont really know which one to use. All I am looking for is if could benefit my elves without me being the target of everyone. I was thinking of having a series of 'I win now' play, just in case it goes down to the last 2 players.

Here are my choices:

Eladamri, Lord of Leaves - While giving your elves shroud is good, it could also be a drawback.
    Unclampable Elves suck. :D

Ezuri, Renegade Leader - Not only it regenerates elves, it could also be used a reusable Overrrun effect. The problem is it does look scary for the rest of the players and might be a hate magnet.
    Might draw some hate, but a completely fair and very fitting General for tribal elves. I am looking for a shiny one myself.

Kaysa - Its essentially a lord effect. Although too narrow
    Kaysa is nice to have in your 99, but not as your "one."

Momir Vig, Simic Visionary - It could act as a searcher for needed elves. The problem is it has that 'combo' appeal which might draw hate towards it.
    Too much combo potential. I for myself would be very tempted to build Gu Elfball with U only for some draw, silly storm cards and multiple Timetwisters...

Nath of the Gilt-Leaf - While it keeps on making elves, the hate it brings is concentrated on just one player. It could be good on a 1v1 scenario but making enemies in a multiplayer game would suck.
    Very strong, and a nice General to build a whole deck around. Very nasty, though, and far across the line of d-baggery when properly build around the discard ability.

Rys the Redeemed - By itself, it has a useful ability. Keep on making tokens. Not really sure if it would draw hate.
    Nice one for G/W Tokens. I never even considered him for tribal elf tbh.

You missed Radha who offers the possibility of going RG tribal elf. There's a lot of combo potential here as well, though.

I seriously though making an EDH deck would be easy as its just casual but really, Its as hard as making a competitive deck.

Anyways, any suggestion is welcome.
    Breaking EDH by building a broken deck is quite easy. One has to change the mind from competetive deckbuilding to the casual, fun-orientated player. Building a strong, but not overly powerful EDH is very difficult in my view.
    Conan, what is best in life? - To crush your enemies, see them driven before you... and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Oct 2005
    Pittsburgh

I'd go Rys with Ezuri a close second. Rys allows for playing g/w and opens up some powerful removal ability that playing mono green lacks. Plus he's kind of unassuming and probably wouldn't draw hate.

RawR Bitch
    Sep 2007
    Norwich, CT

I voted for Ezuri because keeping it mono green makes it less threatening even with a general as amazing as ezuri. He protects your elves with regen and you can just play a lot of hilarious fatties in mono green.
    Co-Founder of Team Awesome - I heard Randy Buehler say a while back that good players give themselves the most number of turns to find the answer.
    The Source on MTGO - Predator8785 and RockOut
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Women come and go, turn one protection is forever.

Cabal Therapist
    Oct 2010
    Colchester, VT

It's a toss up between Eladamri and Mimor Vig. I have a friend who plays nath and Eladamri is very strong in the deck and is usually one of his top priorities for tutoring and such. Mimor Vig seems pretty powerful too though and with him you could just easily search for Eladamri.

Also, if your trying to avoid hate, avoid Nath. Not much will get you more hate than Nath of the Gilt-Leaf+Sadistic Hypnotist.

Jul 2004
    College Station, TX

I run Kaysa, because most people have to read her the first time they see her, she's flavorful, she's clearly not broken, the art is Rebecca Guay, and the +1/+1 is reasonable. Ezuri, Renegade Leader is probably better, and he and Eladamri are both in the 99, but I went with Kaysa.

I wouldn't mind posting my list if you want to see it, but I know that can stifle creativity on the building side.
    InfoNinjas

Elesh Norin Markov, Wary Vampiric Cenobite
    Feb 2007
    Hobart, New York

I love Rhys The Redeemed. He makes for a pile of green and white broken in the form of stupid tokens. And with all of the "whenever a creature comes into play, gain life" effects in white and green, you should have no problem acheiving victory. Plus white and green have mana acceleration and rhys only costs 1 mana. if he draws hate, re-play him. He IS one of the cheapest generals.
    "Oho! I have deluded you! For I am a clever trickster, and this is not actually the truth!"
    -Doug Beyer
    Quote Originally Posted by raharu View Post
    You should probably work for Wizards. Making Chaos Orb and Falling Star into evergreen keywords, maing Hellbent. srsly.

Myself, I run with Eladamri with Ezuri in the 99. I just completed putting the deck together so I havent been able to play it in a full EDH game, but in casual 1v1 it has been a lot of fun. Ezuri would also be a great general, I just choose Eladamri for his flavor. If I was to splash another color for my Elf EDH, Nath would be quite a bit of fun as well.

Thread Information