Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duals falling in MTGO

Dec 2006
    Spain

Duals falling in MTGO

Wizards announces that they are reprinting Duals in MED4 and a lot of players have started to sell their Duals:

Supernova Bots don't buy more Duals and prices are like this:
    Badlands [ME2] 13
    Taiga [ME2] 22
    Savannah [ME2] 22
    Tundra [ME2] 23
    Underground Sea [ME2] 34
    Plateau [ME3] 11.5
    Scrubland [ME3] 11.75
    Volcanic Island [ME3] 12.75
    Bayou [ME3] 13
    Tropical Island [ME3] 21.5

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Re: Duals falling in MTGO

might just make me play online. maybe.

Legacy Staple
    May 2008
    Citizen of the world.

The day they're going to start dropping IRL I'll believe that God exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    you just want us to do that because of your Silences, you sly dog.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Avatar of kicks_422's creation and property

Gocho, where did they announce that the duals will be reprinted in MED4? I can't seem to find it...

Noachide'
    Aug 2009
    Dongying, China

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgalis View Post
    Gocho, where did they announce that the duals will be reprinted in MED4? I can't seem to find it...
    The whole set is up on Gatherer.

@ topic: sucks for me. I bought 40 duals for $900+ last July.

To those interested in MTGO, keep in mind Force of Will is $70ish and Survivals are $60ish. LEDs are $50ish. Oh yeah, and no reserve list, so those can be reprinted anytime. In my very brief experience on MTGO... have fun playing but do NOT consider it some kind of investment.
    Who says the Internet isn't full of <3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandr View Post
    MMogg, I love you more and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by menace13
    MMogg is already loved any place he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMogg View Post
    Oh yeah, and no reserve list, so those can be reprinted anytime. In my very brief experience on MTGO... have fun playing but do NOT consider it some kind of investment.
    Well, seems right to me. I haver never looked at Magic as an investement, and I think nobody should.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Just to give a big heads up for anyone interested in getting into MTGO.

The best time to buy into cards is between the first and second week of release events for any particular set. This is between the time that lots of people are attempting to draft the set for profit and selling the cards ASAP for reduced prices.

I would not recommend to buy the duals right now.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

With my lack of time and ambition to go to large scale tourneys, and only having small legacy tournaments near me that i typically play rouge anyways... Part of me wants to just jump into MTGO Legacy...

But damn, I do not want to go through the hassle of selling my cards and trying to get them online. Especially considering my Set of Forces IRL is worth less than MTGO Forces, so I'd be selling them and then having to make up the difference to get them online. Seems shitty.

Maybe Wizards should just let me mail them my collection to put in booster packs like they did durign Zendikar's first run and give me my collection back in digitalon MTGO.
    Team Albany: What's Legacy?

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Aug 2010
    Clifton Park, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Sims View Post
    With my lack of time and ambition to go to large scale tourneys, and only having small legacy tournaments near me that i typically play rouge anyways... Part of me wants to just jump into MTGO Legacy...

But damn, I do not want to go through the hassle of selling my cards and trying to get them online. Especially considering my Set of Forces IRL is worth less than MTGO Forces, so I'd be selling them and then having to make up the difference to get them online. Seems shitty.

Maybe Wizards should just let me mail them my collection to put in booster packs like they did durign Zendikar's first run and give me my collection back in digitalon MTGO.
    No, I'd miss your rogue decks way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    Just to give a big heads up for anyone interested in getting into MTGO.

The best time to buy into cards is between the first and second week of release events for any particular set. This is between the time that lots of people are attempting to draft the set for profit and selling the cards ASAP for reduced prices.

I would not recommend to buy the duals right now.
    Nice to know man. Thx for the info!

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

What's up with those Vintage staples being printed, eh? Vault (Time AND Mana), Library, Sol Ring, Strip Mine, and WORKSHOP!
    I mean, I know a lot of those are popular in EDH, but Workshop? Come on, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaun View Post
    No, I'd miss your rogue decks way too much.
    Oh I'd still be slinging Rogue. Just would be playing and building rogue with Frank's cards if that were to happen.

Someone has to show up every now and then and remind people their mana bases lose to Blood Moon.

You cannot know the sweetness of Victory, without first dwelling in the agony of Defeat.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    What's up with those Vintage staples being printed, eh? Vault (Time AND Mana), Library, Sol Ring, Strip Mine, and WORKSHOP!
    I mean, I know a lot of those are popular in EDH, but Workshop? Come on, man.
    This was WotC's bat-brained attempt at bringing Vintage to MTGO, and completely missing the boat with terms of the Power 9. In essence, they're trying to sell Vintage online without Vintage.
    West side
    My Legacy stream

Feb 2007
    Rochester, NY

If duals really are coming to MTGO(I still have some residual doubt over it being true. Something in me just doesn't want to believe), it might be enough to get me to get into MTGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    If I could vote by not voting (N/A), I would do that. As I see it, all of those cards help make Legacy what it is -- which I find to be a very fun and balanced format. Zapping any of those cards would harm and otherwise perfectly fine format.
    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    I love how every time a deck does marginally well at a single tournament, everyone flips the fuck out and starts waving the banhammer around.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal_chan View Post
    If duals really are coming to MTGO(I still have some residual doubt over it being true. Something in me just doesn't want to believe), it might be enough to get me to get into MTGO.
    http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Se...91;%22Land%22]
    West side
    My Legacy stream

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

Not only that, but the Plateau is ABU art! The full 40 were around 1000$ this summer, by mid Jan they will be lucky to see 400$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Feb 2007
    Rochester, NY

Quote Originally Posted by menace13 View Post
    Not only that, but the Plateau is ABU art! The full 40 were around 1000$ this summer, by mid Jan they will be lucky to see 400$.
    ME4 is coming out this winter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    If I could vote by not voting (N/A), I would do that. As I see it, all of those cards help make Legacy what it is -- which I find to be a very fun and balanced format. Zapping any of those cards would harm and otherwise perfectly fine format.
    Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    I love how every time a deck does marginally well at a single tournament, everyone flips the fuck out and starts waving the banhammer around.

Feb 2004
    Clifton Park, NY

ME4 is coming out this winter?
    Far as I remember release date was something around December.

And the Duals have already been available on MTGO, it's just now they're being "reprinted."

I'm rather glad, I very well might sell off most of my paper cards and make the jump... though if I decide to leave it might be harder to cash out and get money back.

Bands with Others
    Jul 2009
    NY, NY

They pushed the release date back to mid Jan of 2011. As rukcus said, first 2 weeks is a great time to buy 12-20 dollar range, duals. Only missing Masque block online-Ports, misdirection and Tangle Wire are the only played cards- to sync the card pools of paper to online.

The dual reprints were to spur Legacy players to fire more Premier events, all of 3 have fired since April, when Legacy events were announced.
    As a side note, The Classic format is now Vintage sans Power9 and the silliest restricted list evar! Despite that, Shops vs Bazaars is where that meta seems to be heading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavius The Great View Post
    Respect my shine bitch!

Dec 2006
    Spain

You can buy Plateau, Scrubland, Bayou, Badlands and Volcanic Island for $12 or less right now.
    I just find Tundra for $21 and Underground for $32

So, you don't have to wait for the 12-20 dollars range.

Thread Information