Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Child of Alara - 54 Land

Re: Child of Alara - 54 Land

Is the Necrotic Sliver just an instant speed Vindicate? Why not just Vindicate?
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Is the Necrotic Sliver just an instant speed Vindicate? Why not just Vindicate?
    With Emeria/Sun Titan, you can Vindicate every turn. The sliver also blocks if I'm in the market for that sort of thing.

-Shattering Pulse, + Oracle of Mul Daya

I've recently cut Pulse because there aren't many decks around here that rely heavily on artifact mana to ramp, making the card basically just a very mediocre way to destroy equipment. I already have a bunch of ways to destroy or circumvent equipment, so I've decided to cut it in favor of another multiple-lands-per-turn effect in Oracle. I had the card in previous builds (you can see it earlier in the thread) and I don't remember why I ended up cutting it, but I'm willing to try it out again.

I'm also looking for replacements for Rune-Scarred Demon. The card is usually a win condition for me: it finds something to suppress the other players and then beats down, and if I have Emeria and a sac outlet, it can tutor every turn. But tutoring every turn is (a) overkill and (b) something I usually can only do when very far ahead, and I'm looking for a more practical beater to close out games. Any suggestions? I'd prefer something that has some sort of built-in protection and/or evasion, and a useful value-added ability is a plus. Progenitus was the first thing that crossed my mind, but he costs, like, eleventy billion mana.

May 2004
    Norfolk, VA

Good thread, mtgcommander forums are down BTW so at the moment nobody can see the updated lists. I have a Chile of alara deck that was built well over a year ago, I had 1 theme in mind when building this, the least number of spells as possible and still be able to get a fair game and win percentage. Currently I have something like 70 lands.
    Looking at the lists, I'll have to get my list together, it is another completely different take on the same idea.
    Notable:
    I originally had every guild bounceland along with all 20 duals and all 10 fetchlands. I had Amulet of vigor in the deck so that I could use a majority of the lands when I played them. I added in Patron of the moon for some cool interactions. pay 1, put in a bounceland, untap it, tap it, repeat for infinite mana of the 2 colors that bounceland can make. Add in trade routes and you now have infinite mana of every color and all your lands are untapped forever, you can abuse each tapland whenever you want. opponent attacks you with 100 creatures, just use maze of ith 100 times. With prismatic omen and valakut in play it's strictly game over.

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/vi...er=asc&start=0
    Last edited by WildCard; 09-08-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added a link so an old decklist, will post a decklist here once I get some time

Thread Information