Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Free Article] Legacy Combo: It's What's for Dinner

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Re: [Free Article] Legacy Combo: It's What's for Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorofmuppets View Post
    There are some good players in the Elves thread here, they just can't come to a consensus on anything.
    Some of them think Symbiote isn't one of the best parts of the deck.
    This.

I've always wanted to build an Elves combo deck but there are so many takes to it depending on the meta. Ruckus, k2thej and a few other have been working on the deck. Some run the deck via speed and some with consistency. Ruckus' paper build even runs Survival of the Fittest for consistency while others use cards such as Concordant Crossroads for the hasty kill. Some run Emrakul for win-con, while others do Grapeshot/Tendrils Kill. Joraga Warcaller is also used.

Like Dredge, its on the verge of being a top tier deck, but cannot really do it.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    This.

I've always wanted to build an Elves combo deck but there are so many takes to it depending on the meta. Ruckus, k2thej and a few other have been working on the deck. Some run the deck via speed and some with consistency. Ruckus' paper build even runs Survival of the Fittest for consistency while others use cards such as Concordant Crossroads for the hasty kill. Some run Emrakul for win-con, while others do Grapeshot/Tendrils Kill. Joraga Warcaller is also used.

Like Dredge, its on the verge of being a top tier deck, but cannot really do it.
    I run Grapeshot and Warcaller.
    It goes quite well, but Firespout is a huge issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

In the Netherlands there's pretty much a concencus on the best combo elves build. It's a very streamlined deck that borrows the most from the extended legal list in its prime.

ಠ_ಠ
    Jul 2009
    NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nessaja View Post
    In the Netherlands there's pretty much a concencus on the best combo elves build. It's a very streamlined deck that borrows the most from the extended legal list in its prime.
    You're not suggesting Curio, are you? I'm hard-pressed to believe that the deck needs to lose to Artifact hate, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    ... It feels like a bummer to spend so much time not talking about the game and more time arguing over whether Dega or Mardu is the better name for a three color deck you'll never see in Legacy.

The Legacy version of the deck is like the real version, minus half of its draw engine. Who wants to play that?

Colonizer of Dreams

Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by voltron00x View Post
    flrn and others who love Doomsday: I get it, you love Doomsday. Doomsday is a very cool card. However, there are Tendrils decks that have performed better, and are significantly easier to play. It isn’t as easy to find Legacy results as it was (since a lot of the new search engines omit stuff like player count), and I didn’t find much in the way of viable Doomsday combo doing well in the latter half of this year. While one could definitely write an article that was nothing but varieties of Legacy Tendrils decks, that wasn’t my objective here. One of the reasons why I chose the ANT deck that I did, besides the fact that it did very well at a large event, was that it had a Doomsday sideboard. I did that purposefully to show that Doomsday is, in fact, a card, and does see some play. Now I know that you could point out that I included Breakfast, when Breakfast hasn’t really done much in a few years, but its an interesting deck that has some history and highlights a few available deck design decisions that we aren’t using right now; in other words, its there to show some history, expand horizons a bit, and get people’s minds in motion.
    After the banning of mystical tutor some of the german top notch combo players have switched to Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils. At the german nationals legacy side event Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils ended up in second and third place. There were also some top 8 finishes of that deck in Iserlohn and Hassloch, which are the two largest monthly happening legacy events in germany. It might not be played in america, but here in germany you gotta expect to play against people piloting that deck.

Nov 2004
    Portland, Oregon

Solid article. I like these "State of the Format" articles through decklists.

Well done. :)

I hope the Card Which Must Not Be Mentioned is not smashed with the Hammer That Bans Things.

That would be an embarrassment to this format, I think. Like banning Goblin Lackey circa 2006.

Thread Information